chile's migration crisis

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: chile's migration crisis

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:34 pm

So Chile copied the Frenchies with the yellow jacket requirement. Tread carefully Chile elite!!! :alien:
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:40 pm

bert.douglas wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:29 pm
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:52 pm
... why is Gillets Jeunes crowd movement still going on in France when the Napoleon Macron announced that for the time being, there will be no gas tax rise to the masses? ...
Crowds are not generally rational, once they get some momentum.
Besides there are a lot of other problems in France. This most recent additional tax is just the straw that broke the camel's back. People are still struggling under too many regulations and taxes.
Very true, also they want less taxes but more social sevices? Something about having their cake and eating it too, or being France was that let them eat cake?
This article I found interesting
https://www.lawliberty.org/2018/12/10/p ... es-macron/
I can't decide for you. You'll have to make up your own mind.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:32 pm

well a long absent visitor is back in chile: measles.

guess who brought it?

https://m.cooperativa.cl/noticias/pais/ ... 65311.html
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:38 am

I suspect the main reason that Chile abstained from signing the treaty is down to this guy:
images.jpg
images.jpg (7.21 KiB) Viewed 290 times
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:49 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:38 am
I suspect the main reason that Chile abstained from signing the treaty is down to this guy:
images.jpg
yea it was brought up in a report this morning that the pinera administration gave marching orders to everyone to not sign any international agreements that would create an obligation that would compromise the soverienty of chile.

thank evo!

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

mem

Post by mem » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:30 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
images.jpg
Was it the guy or the guys haircut? Even a Simon cowell cut would be an improvement and that is saying something

Say what you will about Chile, but at least male haircuts are not appalling. I will not mention the dreadlocked crosswalk jugglers...

mem

Post by mem » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:34 pm

I bet senora gordita was fuming when Chile backed out of the migration pact. Just imagine the shame she was cloaked in while gladhanding around the UN. Ouchy

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:02 pm

mem wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:30 pm
fraggle092 wrote:
images.jpg
Was it the guy or the guys haircut? Even a Simon cowell cut would be an improvement and that is saying something

Say what you will about Chile, but at least male haircuts are not appalling. I will not mention the dreadlocked crosswalk jugglers...
Evo Morales facial has that unique Mapuche Indian looks. Is he originate from the Incas or the Mapuches?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:25 pm

Aymara dude. Study your geography.

Of course, the Mapuches are the only native Americans who were not conquered by the Spanish.

An aside, one time I was wandering around my digs in my usual manner with shades on and I heard a Chilean muttering something about chinos and japoneses appearing very Mapuche-like.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

mem

Post by mem » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:30 pm

I dont see the resemblance between Evo and Mapuche. Maybe it's just me but he as an Aymara is distinct facially from Mapuche.

Not that anyone cares, but I also not a fan of the bowler hats on the females. Surprised that SJW's are not crying "cultural appropriation". But then I am not surprised...at all. Strictly aesthetically, it's a no go.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:48 am

i have spent a good deal of time this morning trying to follow the logic, or arguments for "migration" being a human right.

you simply can not get there, without negating all other kinds of rights (e.g. political, property, etc.).

if you start with some sort of assumption about every human has the same right to move around the earth as every other human.

o.k. so far.

freedom of movement.

o.k.

no person has any more right to property, land, territory, than any other, then you start breaking down.

you rapidly run into things like, well how far does that go?

when i think about "rights" in general, i always think of the, "your right to swing your fist, ends where my nose begins".

which would be exactly what would happen with a universal right to migration.

they seem to at every turn be conflating migrant possesing human rights (e.g. to not be killed, torchered, due process, etc), with migration IS a human natural right in itself; that usurps all other rights, such as state, association, property, etc. at the least it is not an inalienable or natural right, but that sure seems what they are trying to make out of it

that leap of logic i simply can get to.

now, with legal immigration, i am all for, once country extends an invitation to an individual, that they have an obligation to provide for similar rights to other residents and humans in general; but, the right to be a perment resident or a citizen of a country in the first place is a super stretched definition.

that means i can wake up in the morning, declare myself a swiss citizen (having never been there before, and no immidiate plans to go), and switzerland needs to hand over to me all the rights and benfits of a swiss citizen living outside of switzerland. if i get to the boarder, they owe me a job, a house, food, health care, etc... and have no authority to stop me from entering the territory.

it just so easily leads to a reductio ad absurdum in short order.

does that make any sense at all?

mem

Post by mem » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:45 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:48 am
i have spent a good deal of time this morning trying to follow the logic, or arguments for "migration" being a human right.

you simply can not get there, without negating all other kinds of rights (e.g. political, property, etc.).

if you start with some sort of assumption about every human has the same right to move around the earth as every other human.

o.k. so far.

freedom of movement.

o.k.

no person has any more right to property, land, territory, than any other, then you start breaking down.

you rapidly run into things like, well how far does that go?

when i think about "rights" in general, i always think of the, "your right to swing your fist, ends where my nose begins".

which would be exactly what would happen with a universal right to migration.

they seem to at every turn be conflating migrant possesing human rights (e.g. to not be killed, torchered, due process, etc), with migration IS a human natural right in itself; that usurps all other rights, such as state, association, property, etc. at the least it is not an inalienable or natural right, but that sure seems what they are trying to make out of it

that leap of logic i simply can get to.

now, with legal immigration, i am all for, once country extends an invitation to an individual, that they have an obligation to provide for similar rights to other residents and humans in general; but, the right to be a perment resident or a citizen of a country in the first place is a super stretched definition.

that means i can wake up in the morning, declare myself a swiss citizen (having never been there before, and no immidiate plans to go), and switzerland needs to hand over to me all the rights and benfits of a swiss citizen living outside of switzerland. if i get to the boarder, they owe me a job, a house, food, health care, etc... and have no authority to stop me from entering the territory.

it just so easily leads to a reductio ad absurdum in short order.

does that make any sense at all?
Yeah, I have found the same when thinking about how this can all shakeout. I watched a debate between someone who was anti-state and believed that borders should be abolished. Basically no government whatsoever and no borders. However, they were staunch supporters of private property

The conundrums that are result of that kind of philosophy is what you do when someone claims "private property" along a coastline. Will that person not allow anyone to pass through their private property in order to go deeper into the continent?
Another issue is how the concept of "private property" is enforced in the absence of a government or state. What is to stop the stronger from expelling the weaker from private property? A little old lady has private propety and then a group of armed men come to take it. There are no police, and even if the old lady has guns she will fail against an armed group of young men. It is la of the jungle at that point.
The notion of private property is only as good as long as you can forcibly repel any takers of your private property, since you have no other authority to appeal to for protection let alone punishment of the offenders.

It is a total non-starter, but plenty of anarchists think the answer is to abolish all governments everywhere, but I have yet to hear a good answer to what is to prevent the law of the jungle and might makes right from taking over when it comes to private property. Not everyone will stay young forever or live with a small militia in the same house. People will age, become vulnerable, live out in rural areas where the nearst neighbor wouldnt even hear a gun going off let alone respond and be helpful if they even care to respond and if they did would they be enough against an armed gang of thugs? What about 2000 migrants...that little old lady on her private property would be decimated along with anything of value she had.