Can a Resident Start a Religious Foundation in Chile?

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

admin
Site Admin

Re: Can a Resident Start a Religious Foundation in Chile?

Post by admin » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:48 pm

The short answer is, no. There, just saved you a quarter million dollars.

The long answer is also no. There, just saved you half a million dollars.

Where do I send my bill for 20.3 seconds of consulting?

Start by investing in about 10 to 20 years of Chilean Spanish lessons.

Successful (money making) religion is premised on the ability to manipulate people via subtle use of language or not so subtle use of force. In either case, your going to need to speak Spanish to even be in to the game.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:11 pm

In the south I've met a few US missionaries who were proselytizing with just conversational Spanish. But overall you're facing a huge competition here: just check the number of small churches in any poor neighborhood of any city.

By the way, the local Buddhist monk gives talks in English with a translator but gathers overcrowded lecture halls. So the law of supply and demand easily breaks any language barriers.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:52 pm

I have to give credit to the Mormon Church for being able to infiltrate virtually every working class barrio in Chile.

I believe bobserb posted the number of US persons legally resident in Chile for my digs in the province of San Antonio (a little more than 70) and I bet a third of that number are Mormon missionaries.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:38 pm

I wonder if they are winning the Jehovah's Witnesses vs Mormon battle for souls. I haven't had a JW ring the bell in quite a while. Not complaining.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:50 pm

JaJa. The way it works in my digs, the Mormon missionaries live in mid-uppermid class condos (probably for security reasons) among the population. In fact, in the two condos I've lived in in my locale since 2006, I was probably the only other estadounidense in the condo complex if not the area for kilometros.

One day I was cleaning up and prepping things getting ready to cook with a nice buzz going listening to BB King when my door rang. It was my fellow resident Mormon missionaries probably on a practice witness call. I was impressed the young joven moreno hispanic dude from the EEUU wiith two of his native Chile trainees knew I was listening to BB. Had a nice conversation as my step-daughters and brother of my wife are for survey purposes Mormon not to mention my long deceased cousin but I made it clear in my pleasant obvious buzzed state that my lush ways will forever prevent me from being a Mormon (did not bring up any "Jack" Mormon jokes from the States).
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard