chile's migration crisis

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

bobserb

Re: chile's migration crisis

Post by bobserb » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:20 pm

frozen-north wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:54 pm
bobserb wrote:
''Hawaii’s requirements that food handlers, school personnel and students, health care workers, and residential and daycare staff all be cleared for TB before going to work or school were suspended April 11 because of the testing solution shortages.''
Your original comment was:
Would you like that someone with tuberculosis handle your food?Does Chile require TB testing for food handlers?I have seen quite a few Haitians working on "ferias libres" and local restaurants.
Are you going to ask that all 'school personnel and students, health care workers, and residential and daycare staff' also be tested for tuberculosis?

And where does it say that tuberculosis in Chile, or anywhere, is being spread by food handlers?
In many countries yearly TB test is a must for food handlers and school teachers.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:41 pm

bobserb wrote:
In many countries yearly TB test is a must for food handlers and school teachers.
It might be the case in some countries, but those would be places in which TB is an issue, such as Hawaii. But even Hawaii seems to have some changes:
Previously, a TB test involved an injection by a healthcare professional and a follow-up examination to read the results of the injection in a 48- to 72- hour period.

With the new testing method, a physician can determine a patient's risk level for TB based on their answers to the questionnaire.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/3772 ... is-testing

Anybody who has to deal with public could contract, or infect others, even if there is no food involved.

Anyway, my point was that food handling is not the way that the disease is transmitted. If you are going to worry about tuberculosis and other transmissible diseases, you would be doing better avoiding crowded public transportation, as admin suggested earlier.
Jul 12, 2007
Several Canadians on the same flight as a tuberculosis-infected American man who sparked an international health scare launched civil lawsuits Thursday in Montreal.

American lawyer Andrew Speaker flew from Prague to Montreal in late May despite a warning from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control that he had a drug-resistant form of TB.

Speaker remains in a Denver hospital, although doctors say he is not as sick as they initially believed.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canadians ... r-1.645256

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:51 pm

Yep, and WE IN CHILE will pay and pay and pay for diseases that had essentially become a non-problem until recently as if the chileno jovenes Tinder fucking like rabbits and spreading normal to drug resistant STDs weren't enough.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:13 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:51 pm
Yep, and WE IN CHILE will pay and pay and pay for diseases that had essentially become a non-problem until recently as if the chileno jovenes Tinder fucking like rabbits and spreading normal to drug resistant STDs weren't enough.
Someone always has to pay, for other morons lack of judgement, there never has been nor ever will be free lunches, wether it's tinder fucking like rabbits and associated diseases or looking after people in the street, (or not)that's just the way it is. Education and prevention strategies are about the best you can do otherwise it's pick up the tab and don't join tinder.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:28 pm

All so named refugees and Haitiens are heading towards the grandiose Canada. I just saw in TV mostly all black skinned crowd heading towards Quebec. There the young and Trump's nightmare Trudeau, welcoming all US Haitiens,Nigerians, and middle eastern to hop over to Canada what a country.!
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Julito

Post by Julito » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:25 pm

Interesting... My wife was a little shocked when she got to Australia at what she saw as lax food handling standards. What she didn't know was everyone she was looking at had to pass a food handling course and all local authorities have full time health inspectors regularly dropping in and checking everything is up to scratch.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:14 am

Julito wrote:
Interesting... My wife was a little shocked when she got to Australia at what she saw as lax food handling standards. What she didn't know was everyone she was looking at had to pass a food handling course....
Food handling course or no food handling course, but your wife might have had some valid points. I remember that, here in Canada, years ago the fast food employees would prepare food, handle cash, bring boxes with supplies, and back to food preparation without ever stopping to wash their hands.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:27 am

41southchile wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:43 pm
frozen-north wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:59 pm
41southchile wrote:

I didn't think it was that easy to get TB, it's not as if you get it if someone coughs on you or your food is it? I was under the impression it was normally spread in overcrowded houses etc where germs are spread easy and people who are in close contact with someone with TB all the time are most at risk, not a casual one off thing like served in a fast food place, the flu yeah sure , but TB?
How TB Spreads

TB bacteria are spread through the air from one person to another. The TB bacteria are put into the air when a person with TB disease of the lungs or throat coughs, speaks, or sings. People nearby may breathe in these bacteria and become infected.

https://www.cdc.gov/tb/topic/basics/howtbspreads.htm
Yeah I get that, but I remember hearing from a scientist on the Radio in NZ a couple of years ago explaing that the odds of getting it from one cough were miniscule and by the time it reaches the coughing stage your are starting to get blood and stuff in there too, so I wonder if they would still be at work then. She was being interviewed in NZ after an increase in TB cases in South Auckland amongst Pacific Islands people living in overcrowded conditions 15 to 20 per household. It is curable anyway so it's not as if it's a life sentence anyway, like most things, if you have the resources you'll be fine, but then I guess if you had a comfortable standard of life you probably wouldn't catch it in the first place. You have more chance getting run over on the road outside the Fast food joint than you ever will from catching TB at your local McDonald's. Now Gloria's point about ecoli that's another matter.
n

Not curable as far as i know, but is treatable and very contagious if only by the fact that you can have TB and not be contagious unless it goes active. That allowz it to travel far and wide, and never really burn out. Something like ebola, everyone gets sick and dies relatively quickly. It does not travel well. TB might be one of the best travelers in history.

Thought that 1/3 of the human population might have it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuberculosis

In some native american pops, it is so common that almost no one test negative for the anti-body skin test even though only a smaller percent of the pop has TB. They just lived in households with it.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:59 am

Is TB curable ?
Tuberculosis is curable and preventable. ... About one-third of the world's population has latent TB, which means people have been infected by TB bacteria but are not (yet) ill with disease and cannot transmit the disease. People infected with TB bacteria have a lifetime risk of falling ill with TB of 10%."
Since 2000, 53 million lives have been saved through effective diagnosis and treatment. Active, drug-sensitive TB disease is treated with a standard 6-month course of 4 antimicrobial drugs that are provided with information, supervision and support to the patient by a health worker or trained volunteer. The vast majority of TB cases can be cured when medicines are provided and taken properly.
That's From the World Health Organisation.
Soooo I am Still failing to see when I should start panicking about getting TB from immigrants serving me food
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

bobserb

Doctors Report Tuberculosis Now 'Virtually Untreatable' - Live Science

Post by bobserb » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:53 pm

41southchile wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:59 am
Is TB curable ?
Tuberculosis is curable and preventable. ... About one-third of the world's population has latent TB, which means people have been infected by TB bacteria but are not (yet) ill with disease and cannot transmit the disease. People infected with TB bacteria have a lifetime risk of falling ill with TB of 10%."
Since 2000, 53 million lives have been saved through effective diagnosis and treatment. Active, drug-sensitive TB disease is treated with a standard 6-month course of 4 antimicrobial drugs that are provided with information, supervision and support to the patient by a health worker or trained volunteer. The vast majority of TB cases can be cured when medicines are provided and taken properly.
That's From the World Health Organisation.
Soooo I am Still failing to see when I should start panicking about getting TB from immigrants serving me food
Doctors Report Tuberculosis Now 'Virtually Untreatable' - Live Science
https://www.livescience.com › Health

Feb 12, 2013 - The tuberculosis bacterium, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, is easily spread through coughing or sneezing. Medical experts are alarmed that strains of tuberculosis, or TB, have emerged that are so virulent they're being called "virtually untreatable," even with the most powerful drugs available.

Julito

Post by Julito » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:58 pm

Though food poisoning can be memorable "fun" when travelling. In reality it's available just about anywhere, 1st, 2nd or 3rd world countries. A rough tally for myself would be...

Australia 3 times, seafood too far from the coast. I'm a sucker for seafood.

India 2 times 2 years apart eating the same "delicious" dish in the very same restaurant in Old Delhi. Talk about a dickhead and a supreme optimist but I figured it couldn't possibly bite me twice. Next day spent the worst morning of my life in a military sand bag emplacement at the airport followed by an equally worst flight down to Kerala.

Brazil, quick and easy, once in 6 weeks at a beach front restaurant.

Chile, twice, "fresh" oysters at Valdivia seafood markets. Suckered by seafood and optimism yet again!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:48 pm

Yea i dont touch uncooked seafood, unless i really know the restaurant.

I wont even touch suishi in santiago anymore. Too far from the coast. I want to know that fish was happly swimming in the ocean in the morning, before i permently ruined its day.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.