What would you want with land in Chile ?

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
at46

Re: What would you want with land in Chile ?

Post by at46 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:46 pm

Gloria wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 3:36 pm
This is getting better and better every minute. I'm so excited to the point that I also want to move to this southern Shangri-la.....where do I sign up?
After me, Gloria, after me... :)

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Wed May 30, 2018 3:51 pm

Age before beauty?....Naaah! Or wisdom before age? Absolutely! I WON!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

passport

Post by passport » Wed May 30, 2018 5:08 pm

I have some properties in other parcelacions in the locality. One has a beautiful view and is close to amenities. Others are in a hum-drum parcelacion out near El Tepual airport. I have been impressed by the difference a strong owners' association makes. The El Tepual association is directed by a drill sergeant type woman who is an accountant. She has an assistant who takes care of the book keeping. Condo fee payment notices, community meeting agendas and meeting announcements and association finances are texted or emailed to everyone, they have a group text alert system when suspicious vehicles are seen. If the gate opener is broken or needs upgrading, everybody knows pronto and is asked to pony up. She talks tough.
Contrastingly, over near the lake, that parcelacion has a road in terrible condition. The water system was conked out for more than a month because no one would take responsibility. Likewise over in Los Bajos, a friend was ready to hook up to the new community water when the pump got damaged. It had been mishandled, so the installer washed his hands of any warranty responsibility. Nobody has come forward to straighten it out or organize the beneficiaries. A friend who was ready to move into his new casita had to put it on hold. Some community structure and organization is vital...

Julito

Post by Julito » Wed May 30, 2018 6:26 pm

Haha, you're so cynical Gloria, :) :) :)

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Wed May 30, 2018 8:41 pm

passport wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:24 pm
Security of vacant property is tops. Also, a strong owners' association with broad participation on important decisions. Transparent financial reporting on collection and use of condo fees. Code-protected community entry gate. Clearly defined policy on road maintenance and water provision, and who takes responsibility and pays for repairs when it breaks down. Sturdily fenced community garden space. How about keeping enough of the organic dairy operation going to supply interested residents?
Exactly, having the right lawyer with the relevant knowledge when drafting these rules helps, as well as someone to keep track of all the admin aspects. Do you think code protected gates or remotes are better ? I see there are facial recognition entry devices too now, maybe thats a step too far for some residents. There would also be a camera at the entrance too, registering vehicle entry. I can see, and have thought about a lot of side businesses going on such as an organic cow or 4 as well as other produce.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Wed May 30, 2018 8:57 pm

Julito wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 6:26 pm
Haha, you're so cynical Gloria, :) :) :)
I love you too Julito (aren't ya a little too old to use a diminutive?) Cynical? No....., Sarcastic? for sure, no denial there!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

KDnR

Post by KDnR » Wed May 30, 2018 9:43 pm

Julito wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 12:10 pm
Yes that's right KdnR, it's a heat transfer system. I don't pretend to know much about it but there's sure to be an enormous amount of info on the net. Sure as eggs the efficiencies will have improved alot over the last 20 years.
In that case, you don't have to drill until you will get hot rocks. The system is very simple, a temperature starting 2 meters deep will be around 55 degrees. You just need that temperature and you will be able to heat up your house and have hot water in the house. Majority of people think that geothermal is drilling down until you get to tap into lava. At least I was thinking that some time ago.

This week we started to install a geothermal system on my property, I will have pictures of the process soon on the website if you are interested.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Wed May 30, 2018 9:52 pm

Julito wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:20 pm
Impossible to control everything in a community, attempts to do so inevitably lead to conflict. In every community there're always those who want to get involved, those who don't and those who just want to be left alone to do their own thing, all of which are acceptable normal behaviour.

Selling off 100 parcelas clustered around some innovative quality ideas'd be a feat in itself. Some will build, some will invest, some'll live there full time and others part time.
Yeah I agree, it is impossible to control everything, generally conflicts will arise anyway if people are that way inclined, but it is good to have them spelled out at the start and what is expected and what the principles of the community are. Then I suppose if peope still want to be obnoxious at least the rules have been spelt out. The idea is not to control everything everyone does, as people can do what they like as long as it doesnt annoy others in my opinion. It is more rather to have some guidlines and rules that are mostly just general common decency and consideration towards others and the environment they live in.

Yeah there is already a mix in the earlier stages we did, variety is the spice of life, as they say. Full time, part time, investors, etc, it is impossible to make everyone happy, but at least try and not make them unhappy.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

passport

Post by passport » Wed May 30, 2018 10:51 pm

Matt - it is worth mentioning that you revised your original parcelacion layout from a grid to something more pleasing to the eye, that takes natural contours and the forest into account. Also reworked the entrance to the main road to improve visibility and safety. This is a conscientious developer, folks.

Julito

Post by Julito » Thu May 31, 2018 9:57 am

Pero Gloria, I'm only thix yearth old...

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Thu May 31, 2018 10:37 am

Julito wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 9:57 am
Pero Gloria, I'm only thix yearth old...
Adulto cuando niño...y niño después?

Listen to this song just for you.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoA86nvNXN4

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu May 31, 2018 11:51 am

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:40 pm
I thought that the " EL LECHERO" did this Finca lot of his, subdivision years ago? Is this a new venture thingy going on? yeah, I'm all on this
Utopian village scheme. Go on, build that perfect loteo ..Someday wanting to slip overnight up in the tree house !
Ah, but it was me all along, EL LECHERO. I talked about it when I was still struggling away with my 100 or so cows, but then saw the light and decided there was a better way. I dont really believe in Utopia but certainly dont want to live in a dystopia, and believe in a better way of doing things or at least some form of continuous improvement.
Look forward to seeing you in the tree house, It will be built by a french carpenter, it will be open to tourists, only over one or two months per year for next 2 years, and then it will be only avaliable to residents, for a min fee to cover cleaners costs. Cost for exclusive limited time to non residents will be 200000 pesos (aprox 320 USD) per night, but if you spend at least 150 USD equivalent (or 300 USD for 2 nights) in the local village of Loncotoro or participating businesses in llanquihue and show me the reciepts, you can rent it for 20000 (32 USD) per night. Max 2 nights.