MERCOSUR visa

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

GabyMH

MERCOSUR visa

Post by GabyMH » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi,

I'm an Argentine citizen and I'm planning to apply for a MERCOSUR visa in Chile. It seems pretty straightforward and easy to obtain. Has anybody got any feedback to share about it? Am I supposed to present any documentation proving I can financially sustain myself?
Thanks in advance for your help!

tiagoabner

Re: MERCOSUR visa

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:02 pm

The only requisites are those listed at the Extranjeria website: they don't ask for documentation proving your income for the Mercosur Visa. That was true for me, for my wife and for all people I know that applied for this specific Visa.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

GabyMH

Post by GabyMH » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:26 pm

Thanks for your help!!!

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:11 pm

You're welcome. Since you're Argentinean, you're one step already, as the language will not be a barrier for you.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

FrankPintor

Post by FrankPintor » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:20 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:11 pm
You're welcome. Since you're Argentinean, you're one step already, as the language will not be a barrier for you.
I wouldn't go as far as that, Argentinean and Uruguayan accents can be very unpopular in Chile. I worked with people from those two countries while I was at Entel a few years back, they had the occasional unpleasant experience.
Caracas es Caracas. Lo demás es monte y culebra!

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 pm

Sure, but that's still a step ahead from your Average Joe that speaks no Spanish at all.