The State of the States

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

frozen-north
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1783
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:28 am

Re: The State of the States

Post by frozen-north » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:47 pm

Britkid wrote:
In the absence of John, I shall shortly be finding a random article from the Guardian so that Andres can have an argument with someone. I shall then proceed to defend modern left wing thought at great length for the next 20 pages. Please stand by while I search the Guardian website for something interesting. I will get back to you.
Don't be silly. There is no need to look at The Guardian, it just takes a little memory of what happened when vaccines weren't available. Are you also against the diphtheria vaccine? I remember some medical books from the 1950s which had information on how to do an emergency tracheotomy at home.

Andres
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2696
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 3:09 am
Location: in transit

Re: a justification for enforced 'immunization'

Post by Andres » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:16 pm

admin wrote:
Andres wrote:Will this be a justification for enforced 'immunization' in the not-too-distant future?
For the sake of 'public safety', of course.

Pandemic Risk: Zika Mosquitos in 129 California Cities
http://www.breitbart.com/california/201 ... ia-cities/
did you really just site breitbart as a source?
Whether or not the data stated is true is far more important than "the source".
Even perennial liars (like CNN, the New York Times and the Washington Post) might sometimes post factual information of value.

In this case, the breitbart article links to California state government websites which support the assertion of the virus in California.
https://www.cdph.ca.gov/HealthInfo/disc ... ionMap.pdf

But the important factor here is not whether (or not) there are really mosquitoes in California bearing the Zika virus, or whether the Zika virus is really dangerous, but that the government asserts that the mosquitoes are prolific in California and that they are dangerous.
And, therefore, what ('immunization' or other actions) they will force on the citizenry under the guise of 'public health'?
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

Andres
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2696
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 3:09 am
Location: in transit

Re: The State of the States

Post by Andres » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:28 pm

frozen-north wrote:
Andres wrote:
Will this be a justification for enforced 'immunization' in the not-too-distant future?
For the sake of 'public safety', of course.

Pandemic Risk: Zika Mosquitos in 129 California Cities
Really?
Are you also against the tetanus vaccine? Any objections to antibiotics?
Just like your other post, it is a straw man argument.
Your assertion is equivalent to equating my objection to rape to an objection to sex.

No, I am not against vaccines as a general rule.

But one has to wonder why there must be laws protecting vaccine manufacturers against prosecution.
Can they not make a credible argument that their vaccines are safe?
There are those who say the poisons in some vaccines for children are causing psychological and other health issues in children.
I do not know the truth, but when someone runs to the government to protect themselves from scrutiny (like Monsanto also has done), it makes me wonder what the truth really is, and why they do not want it revealed.

As for Zika, there are statistics which refute the conclusion that the Zika virus is definitely responsible for the negative effects on babies, and that Zika, while conincident with some of the babies with symptoms, does not explain all of them. Therefore, there might be another more relevant cause. If there is, we should find out what it is.
I believe in acting on conclusions based upon facts, not conclusions based upon MSM memes promulgated by pharmaceutical companies and government authorities they have 'captured'.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

Andres
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2696
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 3:09 am
Location: in transit

Re: The State of the States

Post by Andres » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:29 pm

frozen-north wrote:
Britkid wrote:
In the absence of John, I shall shortly be finding a random article from the Guardian so that Andres can have an argument with someone. I shall then proceed to defend modern left wing thought at great length for the next 20 pages. Please stand by while I search the Guardian website for something interesting. I will get back to you.
Don't be silly. There is no need to look at The Guardian, it just takes a little memory of what happened when vaccines weren't available. Are you also against the diphtheria vaccine? I remember some medical books from the 1950s which had information on how to do an emergency tracheotomy at home.
That is a straw man assertion.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

Andres
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2696
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 3:09 am
Location: in transit

Re: The State of the States

Post by Andres » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:08 am

For decades, some of the dirtiest, darkest secrets of the chemical industry have been kept in Carol Van Strum’s barn. . . . more than 100,000 pages of documents obtained through legal discovery in lawsuits against Dow, Monsanto, the Environmental Protection Agency, the U.S. Forest Service, the Air Force, and pulp and paper companies, among others.

As of today, those documents and others that have been collected by environmental activists will be publicly available through a project called the Poison Papers. Together, the library contains more than 200,000 pages of information and “lays out a 40-year history of deceit and collusion involving the chemical industry and the regulatory agencies that were supposed to be protecting human health and the environment. . .

https://www.poisonpapers.org/

Crony capitalism and regulatory capture, at its finest.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

at46
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 919
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:13 pm
Location: Vancouver/Santiago

Re: The State of the States

Post by at46 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:29 pm

Andres wrote: ...lays out a 40-year history of deceit and collusion involving the chemical industry and the regulatory agencies
More on the forty year mark:
http://www.torontosun.com/2017/07/25/me ... t-40-years

User avatar
eeuunikkeiexpat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 7509
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

The eclipse and the fate of kings and empires...

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:48 am

Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

User avatar
MikieO
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1613
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 2:41 pm
Location: USA

Re: The State of the States

Post by MikieO » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:22 am

Hah, I was outside to look at the eclipse but the smoke from forest fires "eclipsed" it. :roll:
“Now, a lifetime of experience has left me bitter and cynical.” ~ Calvin & Hobbes

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: The State of the States

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:29 pm

MikieO wrote:Hah, I was outside to look at the eclipse but the smoke from forest fires "eclipsed" it. :roll:
hey KikieO, you are about "two" days earlier! The Eclipse does not happen till 8/21 according to the media. But in Chile may be different date, who knows.....
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Jamers41
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: The State of the States

Post by Jamers41 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:56 am

There is no eclipse in Chile, at least not in 2017...........it's only a Northern Hemisphere event.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 17889
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: The State of the States

Post by admin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:05 pm

seen one mentioned for Chile in 2019 and 2020 coming up.
http://www.emol.com/noticias/Tecnologia ... Chile.html

Not a big solar eclipse fan. Seen a few. Overrated, hazy uncomfortable blue light event, you really can not look at directly.

Lunar eclipses, I think are much cooler. At least you can "watch" them, weather permitting.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 17889
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: The State of the States

Post by admin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:09 pm

in English.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/up ... tes-places

seems to be some diffrence on exactly where those two eclipses pass in Chile. The first it seems is in the north, while they warn about the weather. Not sure that makes sense, a couple years in advanced, especially over a dessert. Pucon is the other one. Then the weather in July is probably an issue. Not sure I would plop down thousands of dollars, years in advance for that one.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Post Reply