The Trump Administration

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

The Trump Administration

Post by admin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:37 am

Looks like we are stuck with him, for better or worse. So, I thought I would try and consolidate the topic in to one thread, rather than chase dozens of threads on every little subject related to Trump.

The very, very long election thread.
http://www.allchile.net/chileforum/view ... =3&t=13948

The Trump post election to do list:
http://www.allchile.net/chileforum/view ... 69#p168169
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

frozen-north

Re: The Trump Administration

Post by frozen-north » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:28 am

Trump election means boom for arms makers

Donald Trump's victory in the presidential election led to a surge in the prices of shares in arms makers, especially large American ones: Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin and Raytheon all gained between 5.4 percent and 7 percent in the day following the Republican's victory.

http://www.dw.com/en/trump-election-mea ... a-36362944

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:15 am

I can not say for sure yet, but I think we are overall starting to see a trickle of interest in Chile start picking up. I kind of suspected what happened was the Trump win caught a major segment of the U.S. off-guard and now they have had a week to process the implications, they are starting to search for options.

The first signs, were a bunch of clients that had sort of been thinking about moving to Chile or buying real estate in Chile, but never really moved forward, suddenly reactivated their projects with a bit more urgency.

If my suspicious are confirmed, over the next few months, we should see that trickle turn in to a flood. I also suspect it will not just be American's looking to leave, but other countries that believe Trump will do things to impact their security. Perhaps a bit of immigration reversal too from Latin America. Lot of people that say moved to the U.S., are not citizens, start looking for some where else with few less problems.

Again, still early, and just a guess.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:21 am

One thing I have encountered, talking to Chileans, is sudden lack of interest in visiting the United States; which is probably still higher than my own interest in visiting the States.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:21 pm

Funny, I just had another random conversation with a Chilean that says they are afraid to go to the U.S. with their family, and they regularly go to Miami.

This morning I just dropped some spam from real estate agent trying to sell condos in Miami on the forum, and can not recall ever seeing any Miami based real estate agent spam here (perhaps once or twice in 10 years, if ever).

Trump really might have stopped immigration. Just not the illegal type. He just ran off a trillion dollars worth of foreign investment and tourism; and, I thought George Bush was good for tourism.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:57 pm

It will pass. They were fed all the brainwashing BS from CNN Español which made it seem that all Ibero-Americans are "Hispanics", Trump is anti-Hispanic, therefore Trump is against all Hispanics when it was always a "Mexican" and those who pass through Mexico to enter the US illegally issue. Most Chileans that have the money to visit the US probably could pass as white (and likely secretly proud of it) if it wasn't for perhaps a "Hispanic" accent.

My wife before the Visa Waiver Program just could not understand how a foreign wife of a citizen could be denied a visa and be completely blocked from just visiting the US. On her first trip to the States, we went to a Home Depot and I pointed out the group of Mexican/Central Americans in the parking lot doing their daily waiting for work routine to drive home the point how they are in part responsible for the idiotic schizo visa policy as enforced abroad.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Maker42

Post by Maker42 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:14 pm

admin wrote:Funny, I just had another random conversation with a Chilean that says they are afraid to go to the U.S. with their family, and they regularly go to Miami.

This morning I just dropped some spam from real estate agent trying to sell condos in Miami on the forum, and can not recall ever seeing any Miami based real estate agent spam here (perhaps once or twice in 10 years, if ever).

Trump really might have stopped immigration. Just not the illegal type. He just ran off a trillion dollars worth of foreign investment and tourism; and, I thought George Bush was good for tourism.

Fascinating. Was that because he fears persecution from a Trump administration or his supporters? Or because of the current violence being perpetrated by Trump protesters? The former is simply a misconception based on a false caricature painted by the lying media. The later can be avoided by staying out of large cities at night (which I would advise in any case).

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:27 pm

Maker42 wrote:

Fascinating. Was that because he fears persecution from a Trump administration or his supporters? .... The former is simply a misconception based on a false caricature painted by the lying media.
It might be because of news from before Trump got elected:
How Arizona law hurts Hispanic citizens
June 26, 2012

Once upon a time, some lawmakers there decided that the state had a problem with illegal immigrants -- most of whom are Hispanic. So they drafted a sweeping law that wound up inconveniencing, singling out and foisting second-class citizenship upon all Hispanics, including those who were born in the United States.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/26/opinion/n ... index.html

Maker42

Post by Maker42 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:31 pm

frozen-north wrote:
Maker42 wrote:

Fascinating. Was that because he fears persecution from a Trump administration or his supporters? .... The former is simply a misconception based on a false caricature painted by the lying media.
It might be because of news from before Trump got elected:
How Arizona law hurts Hispanic citizens
June 26, 2012

Once upon a time, some lawmakers there decided that the state had a problem with illegal immigrants -- most of whom are Hispanic. So they drafted a sweeping law that wound up inconveniencing, singling out and foisting second-class citizenship upon all Hispanics, including those who were born in the United States.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/26/opinion/n ... index.html
I could see why someone from here would be confused. After all, most of the world thinks CNN is a serious news channel. Heck, even many US citizens STILL think CNN has credibility. Alas, poor sheep.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:48 pm

Maker42 wrote:
I could see why someone from here would be confused. After all, most of the world thinks CNN is a serious news channel. Heck, even many US citizens STILL think CNN has credibility. Alas, poor sheep.
Your reply makes it sound as if CNN made up the news about Arizona SB 1070.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:53 pm

Maker42 wrote:
admin wrote:Funny, I just had another random conversation with a Chilean that says they are afraid to go to the U.S. with their family, and they regularly go to Miami.

Fascinating. Was that because he fears persecution from a Trump administration or his supporters? Or because of the current violence being perpetrated by Trump protesters? The former is simply a misconception based on a false caricature painted by the lying media. The later can be avoided by staying out of large cities at night (which I would advise in any case).
Wholly shit. How does that get spun by the media, such that millions of foreigners around the World would think anything but foreigners are not welcome in the United States?

The guy just elected based on throwing out immigrants, by nearly half of the American electorate. It is not a few bad apples, but a wide spread supported belief among millions of Americans.

That is not some sort of wild liberal media conspiracy, made up at Wolf Blitzer's desk. Every, single, Spanish news station in the World has been covering this since Trump announced he was running. From Havana, Cuba to Punta Arenas, it is pretty much covered on every single news cast that mentions the United States for well over year.

Even if there is some massive conspiracy, the perception is more than out there in the Spanish speaking world. The U.S. has a real image problem now across Latin America, and you would think that could not get any worse with all the bad things the U.S. has done over the last 100+ years in Latin America.

Doesn't really matter to me. I have been telling everyone for years the United States is the most dangerous country I have ever been too. I thought they were all crazy for wanting to go there at all.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:29 pm

For Chile, it was interesting to read the comments after a soychile article on Richard Lagos saying he would join in with other LA leaders in protesting the wall (which we still don't know if it will be a real thing yet). Comments primarily focussed on why don't you tackle real problems of the common person here in Chile instead of interfering in the politics of other countries. Also surprising comments on an article related to the immigrant problem in north Chile and Chile in general with commentators even bringing up Trump in a positive light.

I'd say the ruling elite in Chile have a lot to worry about in the next election if this worldwide populist movement of various stripes right/left/none of the above starting with Brexit and now Trump extends to France and Germany and on and on.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat