Chile 2010 Earthquake anniversary (2015)

Everything to do with the earthquake in Chile 2010 including contacting relatives, latest news from regions and cities, search for assistance, how to help Chile, and anything else related to the disaster and recovery.
Forum rules
The Chile Forum policy against new users linking is suspended for the Chile Earthquake Forum during this crisis. BE WARNED: SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS WILL STILL BE SLAPPED DOWN HARD!! Legit links to information and resources however is fully welcome.
El Lechero

Re: Chile 2010 Earthquake anniversary (2015)

Post by El Lechero » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:00 pm

A couple of examples in the last few days.
you cant do extensions to your house without permission. In our street there are 5 houses with extensions all with no permission.
heres a good one, if you own a dog you cant just let it roam the street while you are at work.
You are not suppossed to butcher your own cows, guess what ?
Etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc
these are just minor things.
want to move up the scale?
Mall owners building malls without proper permissions.
Bridges that dont have permission
etc etc etc
I could go on but i guess if you dont know what im on about there is no point.

SCL

Post by SCL » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:19 pm

True as far as the examples with the house extensions. Now, as to build a mall without permits, that one is a little hard to believe. Or to build a bridge without permission... ufff....

marti
Location: Another project. Another country. And besides, the wench is dead.,

Post by marti » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:45 pm

[aaa
La mitad de eficaz. El doble de caro. El triple de complicado. Un país de cuarto.

El Lechero

Post by El Lechero » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:54 pm

Paz mar in the los lagos region have 4 malls in the region. 3 of them cant be opened or finished as they dont have right permissions. Google it en christiano as marti would say.

marti

Post by marti » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:13 pm

La mitad de eficaz. El doble de caro. El triple de complicado. Un país de cuarto.

marti

Post by marti » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:20 pm

GringoVikingo

Post by GringoVikingo » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:24 pm

Hehe Lechero, yes Chile have lot of rules, and many give no sence :?: But do you know the rules for Norwegian milkfarmers. Cow have it's own mattress, and summervacation to :D
http://www.na-weekly.com/heritage/norwe ... -vacation/
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
"George Carlin"

El Lechero

Post by El Lechero » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:13 pm

SCL wrote:True as far as the examples with the house extensions. Now, as to build a mall without permits, that one is a little hard to believe. Or to build a bridge without permission... ufff....
I am not just making things up for the hell of it. These are all things that are widely known in the community. Local newspapers and radio stations talk about it, facebook pages, friends that work in the industry discuss it openly. The extension of houses while bad is not as bad as the back handers and corrupt practices that goes on everyday between developers and the local muni .

marti

Post by marti » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:15 pm

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:33 am

Another example, this time from La Serena:
A builder started clearing land on a project that will eventually consist of 1800 apartments without any type of permission:
...Sin embargo, la empresa no ha cursado los permisos necesarios para comenzar con la construcción de los departamentos....
http://diarioeldia.cl/articulo/social/i ... as-reclamo
Après moi, le déluge

SCL

Post by SCL » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:22 am

The question that floats to the surface from all this crap (which I admit it is true, with the footnote that the government eventually goes after most of them) is whether this is an expression of the most aggressive aspects of an economic culture imposed by you know who.

The freedom that many investors demand in little Chili for their economic activities (and goals) is not acceptable in most civilized countries. So, is it a "cultural' problem, or, is it a problem that stems from a particular school of economics?

I have read some of the material produced by some of the think tanks in Chile and you have to say: "Whoa... wait a minute, where are you going?"

Buchi, for instance, an idol of the economic right, has preached for more freedom for economic projects over and over again. An economic system essentially with no limits, as the market would punish those who do harm.

For the last 40/50 years you have had a country with terribly weak and almost blind press. TV= Essentially no news of any quality shown on TV (In my last visit to SCL I said to friends that if you want disconnect from the world and its tragedies, this is the place to live).

So, how do we inform/educate the masses?

Farandula is the name of the game.

Farandula today,
farandula tomorrow,
farandula always.

marti

Post by marti » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:24 pm