Mobility Pass for Vaccinated Chilean Residents

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
okemillett

Mobility Pass for Vaccinated Chilean Residents

Post by okemillett » Fri May 28, 2021 3:25 pm

Hello all,

I see there is an announcement that there is supposed to be a 'Mobility Pass' if you are fully vaccinated. Yet I cannot find an app or website where I obtain this.

Is there any information about such a pass? Anyone have the links for the agency issuing the pass?

I am a bit concerned as I obtained the vaccine in the US before I returned to Chile, so I will have to prove to the local authorities I am indeed fully vaccinated (I have my US documents).

-Oke in El Quisco.

tiagoabner

Re: Mobility Pass for Vaccinated Chilean Residents

Post by tiagoabner » Fri May 28, 2021 3:59 pm

Here you can find a lot of info about it: https://www.chileatiende.gob.cl/fichas/ ... -movilidad

This is the official website and FAQ: https://www.gob.cl/yomevacuno/pasemovilidad/

This is the website where you can get the Pase de Movilidad: www.mevacuno.cl

As of yesterday, there was no information available on how to validate a vaccine shot from abroad, although that will presumably be clarified by the government in the next few days.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

okemillett

Post by okemillett » Fri May 28, 2021 5:26 pm

Thanks! :)

Donnybrook2

Post by Donnybrook2 » Sun May 30, 2021 11:23 am

Answered in frequent question #21:

https://saludresponde.minsal.cl/pase-de-movilidad/

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sun May 30, 2021 11:38 am

Yep, it seems that they have added some more Frequently Asked Questions there. At this time, vaccines taken abroad aren't eligible for the Pase de Movilidad.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

Donnybrook2

Post by Donnybrook2 » Sun May 30, 2021 12:41 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 11:38 am
Yep, it seems that they have added some more Frequently Asked Questions there. At this time, vaccines taken abroad aren't eligible for the Pase de Movilidad.
I think they get added to frequently so it is worth checking often.

olafboswijk

Post by olafboswijk » Mon May 31, 2021 10:53 am

tiagoabner wrote:
any idea if this will change? we have been abroad since a year and are planing to get our shots (probably Pfizer) here in the Netherlands. it would be pretty strange to have to get the same shots again in Chile.

Donnybrook2

Post by Donnybrook2 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:14 am

olafboswijk wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 10:53 am
tiagoabner wrote:
any idea if this will change? we have been abroad since a year and are planing to get our shots (probably Pfizer) here in the Netherlands. it would be pretty strange to have to get the same shots again in Chile.
If you are resident in Chile and are not yet vaccinated here then you are not in the local system and could get vaccinated again when you come. However, there is no clear picture yet if you could - or should - get a second two dose vaccine of Pfizer or a different one after a period of time. There is no scientific information to guide you. I do believe that everyone should get vaccinated as soon as they can. Eventually vaccinations in other countries are going to receive some sort of recognition as long as they are approved vaccines at your destination. The low acceptance of Sinovac in the world means that those of us who had no choice when vaccinated are looking at a more difficult problem in the future, so we are also interested in the possibilities of a different vaccine after a period of time. But, so far, it is wait and see.

okemillett

Post by okemillett » Mon May 31, 2021 2:06 pm

Yeah - we got the two-jab course of Moderna while in the US on a business trip in Mar-April. Which I don't even think is in use in Chile (although I believe it is understood to be a perfectly good vaccine.)

I intend to travel with my passport and original vaccination document in case I am asked to show my pass, and talk my way through it. No one has asked me (yet) to show this permission, nor have I seen any checkpoints, but we live in a smaller town.

I would not really want to get a second vaccine in Chile as I don't think there is any sound research to say what the implications are of getting a multiple vaccine across different brands. I assume it probably relatively inert, but it seems wasteful of time, resources and unnecessarily risky.

We can't be the only people in this boat, presumably they will figure out how to deal with 'outliers' in time. (Or scrap the whole 'passport' entirely.)