Border Closed through JUNE 30th (updated), citizens and residents included

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 24182
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Chile Borders Closed for 30 days, citizens and residents included

Post by admin » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:49 am

keep us updated.

The government screwed this up bad. people with residence in santiago area, were being sent home for lack of hotels,

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... casa.shtml
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 24182
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Chile Borders Closed for 30 days, citizens and residents included

Post by admin » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:04 pm

The hotel association came out and said the hotels are at 30% capacity, and it is the government that screwed up.the execution
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
murf
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:00 pm
Location: chicagoish

Re: Chile Borders Closed for 30 days, citizens and residents included

Post by murf » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:08 pm

Hi all

Has anyone received the necessary permission to leave the country?

I ask because my wife, a Chilean citizen with residency in the US is due to fly home (to US) on Tuesday and any information will be greatly appreciated.


Thanks
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 24182
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Chile Borders Closed for 30 days, citizens and residents included

Post by admin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:34 pm

murf wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:08 pm
Hi all

Has anyone received the necessary permission to leave the country?

I ask because my wife, a Chilean citizen with residency in the US is due to fly home (to US) on Tuesday and any information will be greatly appreciated.


Thanks
everyone that we know that has left, left before monday.

but, in theory, if she does not plan to return for at least 30 days, she should be fine.

however, I also do not see a legal mechanism by which the government can stop a chilean citizen from returning.

99% of the bullshit they are saying publicly right now, is unenforceable legal bullshit. It will not standup to any serious judicial challenge. the only question is, are you willing to spend more time and resources to challenge it than they are?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
murf
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:00 pm
Location: chicagoish

Re: Chile Borders Closed for 30 days, citizens and residents included

Post by murf » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:02 pm

Thanks boss man.

I really appreciate the response.

She probably will not want to return before Xmas at the earliest.

She/we live permanently in the US and the reason for her visit to chile during a pandemic was unfortunately a bonafide one so here’s hoping the powers that be cut her some slack.

I’ll post an update when relevant.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

mrweis
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:06 am

Re: Chile Borders Closed for 30 days, citizens and residents included

Post by mrweis » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:09 am

admin wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:34 pm
murf wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:08 pm
Hi all

Has anyone received the necessary permission to leave the country?

I ask because my wife, a Chilean citizen with residency in the US is due to fly home (to US) on Tuesday and any information will be greatly appreciated.


Thanks
everyone that we know that has left, left before monday.

but, in theory, if she does not plan to return for at least 30 days, she should be fine.

however, I also do not see a legal mechanism by which the government can stop a chilean citizen from returning.

99% of the bullshit they are saying publicly right now, is unenforceable legal bullshit. It will not standup to any serious judicial challenge. the only question is, are you willing to spend more time and resources to challenge it than they are?
Just to clarify, if you are leaving for longer than 30 days you do not need permissions via health or humanitarian reasons?

chesswolf
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Chile Borders Closed for 30 days, citizens and residents included

Post by chesswolf » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:53 pm

I requested permission to leave in early May and return in August, on already purchased tickets. It was denied because I clearly didn't intend to leave and never return - I had return tickets! So staying out of the country 30+, 60+, or even 90+ days is not good enough reason, at least not for the person who responded to my query. Fortunately, I got that response on Saturday and, as a result, flew out Sunday. From what I read, I got out while I still could. It was either get out then or not at all.

Kdburns
Rank: Chile Forum Tourist
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:49 pm

Re: Chile Borders Closed for 30 days, citizens and residents included

Post by Kdburns » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:46 pm

chesswolf wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:53 pm
I requested permission to leave in early May and return in August, on already purchased tickets. It was denied because I clearly didn't intend to leave and never return - I had return tickets! So staying out of the country 30+, 60+, or even 90+ days is not good enough reason, at least not for the person who responded to my query. Fortunately, I got that response on Saturday and, as a result, flew out Sunday. From what I read, I got out while I still could. It was either get out then or not at all.
Interesting experience thanks for sharing. I’m Curious if they would approve a departure permission for a date (may in your case July in mine) that is outside the current 30 day lockdown?
Your reason for denial is a little confusing maybe you miss typed.
“ It was denied because I clearly didn't intend to leave and never return” the way you say it, the issue is you planned to return? What did the rejection actually say? Anyhow I’m interested to see how this lock down shapes up. I imagine any rejection or denial could easily be the old Tuesday/Thursday rule... glad you were able to make your trip.

chesswolf
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Chile Borders Closed for 30 days, citizens and residents included

Post by chesswolf » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:59 pm

Here's the exact rejection email I got.

"De acuerdo a lo señalado en inciso segundo del Articulo Primero del Decreto Supremo N°102, de 2020, del Ministerio del Interior y Seguridad Pública y sus modificaciones posteriores, especialmente la señalada en el Articulo Segundo numero 1) letra a) del Decreto Supremo Nº 82 de 01 de abril de 2021, del Ministerio del Interior y Seguridad Pública, se RECHAZA la solicitud de autorización excepcional para el egreso del país, por no acreditarse suficientemente la causal invocada, ya que los documentos acompañados no acreditan la residencia permanente del solicitante en el extranjero, máxime si se aporta una fecha de regreso al territorio nacional próxima en el tiempo.
Para consultas, podrá escribir al correo solicitudviajesalexterior@interior.gob.cl indicando el número de solicitud mencionado en este correo."

Kdburns
Rank: Chile Forum Tourist
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:49 pm

Re: Chile Borders Closed for 30 days, citizens and residents included

Post by Kdburns » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:08 pm

chesswolf wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:59 pm
Here's the exact rejection email I got.

"De acuerdo a lo señalado en inciso segundo del Articulo Primero del Decreto Supremo N°102, de 2020, del Ministerio del Interior y Seguridad Pública y sus modificaciones posteriores, especialmente la señalada en el Articulo Segundo numero 1) letra a) del Decreto Supremo Nº 82 de 01 de abril de 2021, del Ministerio del Interior y Seguridad Pública, se RECHAZA la solicitud de autorización excepcional para el egreso del país, por no acreditarse suficientemente la causal invocada, ya que los documentos acompañados no acreditan la residencia permanente del solicitante en el extranjero, máxime si se aporta una fecha de regreso al territorio nacional próxima en el tiempo.
Para consultas, podrá indicando el número de solicitud mencionado en este correo."
Thanks for posting this. So is sounds like you wanted to return and they didn’t like that. I guess they are taking the you are either for us or against us approach. Add to this the sugar <SPAM WORD> vaccine we are all getting and it doesn’t look great for “normality” returning.
I’d be interested to hear from somebody approved to leave. Anyone feeling a little bit claustrophobic?

chesswolf
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Chile Borders Closed for 30 days, citizens and residents included

Post by chesswolf » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:35 pm

Yeah, I've heard of those who have been approved but each one had one way tickets and expressed they had no intentions of returning. In my case, I was going to return 100 days later, and that wasn't good enough. I wonder what would have happened had I lied, said I had no intentions of returning, and yet returned 100 days later.

Jamers41
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Chile Borders Closed for 30 days, citizens and residents included

Post by Jamers41 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:09 am

chesswolf wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:35 pm
Yeah, I've heard of those who have been approved but each one had one way tickets and expressed they had no intentions of returning. In my case, I was going to return 100 days later, and that wasn't good enough. I wonder what would have happened had I lied, said I had no intentions of returning, and yet returned 100 days later.
Presumably it would depend on the current rules at the time of your return.......and considering they change the rules a lot, that's really difficult to say. The future is tough to predict, as the saying goes.

Post Reply