Border Closed through JUNE 30th (updated), citizens and residents included

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
vamoschile

Re: Border Closed through MAY (updated), citizens and residents included

Post by vamoschile » Sun May 23, 2021 12:55 pm

Is there any update on if they will open the border without special permission in June? If nothing official what are your best guesses?

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Sun May 23, 2021 2:19 pm

vamoschile wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:55 pm
Is there any update on if they will open the border without special permission in June? If nothing official what are your best guesses?
I have not seen anything yet but I'm sure they will make comments soon enough.

paladin

Post by paladin » Sun May 23, 2021 7:14 pm

no doubt it will be announced on 31 May to make sure we cant plan to travel soon.

admin
Site Admin

closed through July 15th

Post by admin » Mon May 24, 2021 3:12 pm

They just announced closure to continue until 15th of July.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

tiagoabner

Re: closed through July 15th

Post by tiagoabner » Mon May 24, 2021 3:40 pm

admin wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 3:12 pm
The government's Twitter post lists June 15. Source: https://twitter.com/ministeriosalud/sta ... 08172?s=20

Still waiting on an official decree to get the exact date.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Mon May 24, 2021 3:49 pm

admin wrote:
Here's a link with the excerpt from the press release stating it has been renovated until June 15: https://www.meganoticias.cl/nacional/33 ... emx01.html
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Mon May 24, 2021 4:01 pm

admin wrote:
Here's a link with the excerpt from the press release stating it has been renovated until June 15: https://www.meganoticias.cl/nacional/33 ... emx01.html

admin
Site Admin

Re: Border Closed through July 15th (updated), citizens and residents included

Post by admin » Mon May 24, 2021 4:05 pm

frigen press conference. I was sure she said july, but who knows with all the mumbling through the mask.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Border Closed through JUNE 15th (updated), citizens and residents included

Post by admin » Mon May 24, 2021 4:08 pm

I don't doubt they will continue it through July.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue May 25, 2021 10:50 am

Greetings all.

Anyone flown up to the states recently,? we flying to LA in mid July , to fly onto NZ. I know we need PCR flying into NZ and as we have nearly a week in LA just looking online it looks like it is easy enough to get a test within 72 hours to carry on to NZ.

Anyone have any recommendations in Santiago, where to get an on time PCR test, as I understand it PCR tests are still needed to fly into the US.
I get my second vaccine pfzier tomorrow , so probably doesn't make a difference and still need to have PCR I guess ?

I know NZ is still not opening up in any meaningful way and still doesn't recognise vaccines , apparently there might be some easing of restrictions in January for vaccinated people.

Any recommendations would be appreciated , the other complicating factor is we leave on a Tuesday night so have to either get one on the Sunday to be within 72 hours or the Monday morning and have its back within 24 to 36 hours
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

41southchile

Re: Chile Borders Closed through MAY (updated), citizens and residents included

Post by 41southchile » Tue May 25, 2021 11:58 am

tiagoabner wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:52 pm
paladin wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:41 pm
I read today that the govt is “ thinking about” having some kind of passport ( how long do you need to decide that ??) , and that it could be ready by around September. What do we have, apart from that little card we get when vaccinated, to show the authorities in other countries like say Europe, where I hope to travel to in July? The card I have could easily be forged by any amateur and there’s no way it can be verified. I asked via Chile Atiende what they could offer, but never received a reply.
They seem to be working on it behind the scenes already. Access www.mevacuno.cl and create an account. Under "Mis vacunas" you should be able to get a vaccine certificate. There's nothing official out there about this yet, but I assume this is going to be the vaccine certificate.
Yes this site is up and running, it has my first vaccine uploaded and options to get certificate after the second one, it even gives a QR code at the moment to say I have had 1st one.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

scandinavian

Post by scandinavian » Tue May 25, 2021 12:32 pm

41southchile wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:50 am
Greetings all.

Anyone flown up to the states recently,? we flying to LA in mid July , to fly onto NZ. I know we need PCR flying into NZ and as we have nearly a week in LA just looking online it looks like it is easy enough to get a test within 72 hours to carry on to NZ.

Anyone have any recommendations in Santiago, where to get an on time PCR test, as I understand it PCR tests are still needed to fly into the US.
I get my second vaccine pfzier tomorrow , so probably doesn't make a difference and still need to have PCR I guess ?

I know NZ is still not opening up in any meaningful way and still doesn't recognise vaccines , apparently there might be some easing of restrictions in January for vaccinated people.

Any recommendations would be appreciated , the other complicating factor is we leave on a Tuesday night so have to either get one on the Sunday to be within 72 hours or the Monday morning and have its back within 24 to 36 hours
You can book a time online at Clinica Alemana, Las Condes or Santa Maria. Make sure to select the "traveller" PCR test and not the symptomatic one. Results should be back within max 24 hours