Border Closed through JULY 25th (updated), citizens and residents included

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Border Closed through JULY 14th (updated), citizens and residents included

Post by admin » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:01 pm

border closure extended until July 25th.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Border Closed through JULY 25th (updated), citizens and residents included

Post by admin » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:12 pm

they do seem to be taking smaller bites.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Donnybrook2

Post by Donnybrook2 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:32 pm

Here's hoping when they do open it is not so wide as last time. Otherwise we will be right back in the same place. We need green, amber, red country lists for entry requirements. We also need some sort of control over where Chileans can go but I don't know how this could be controlled.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:39 pm

Donnybrook2 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:32 pm
Here's hoping when they do open it is not so wide as last time. Otherwise we will be right back in the same place. We need green, amber, red country lists for entry requirements. We also need some sort of control over where Chileans can go but I don't know how this could be controlled.
The winter vacation for the kids is the one that worries me.

I can just see a bunch of the administration boneheads, with their los condes trophy wives and private school kids, being nagged, ''but, we want to go to Mami for vacation, just open the boarder dad".

I swear, every single time, they have made a mega mistake (e.g. vacation last summer), it just screamed pressure from the los condes 'I am the center of my own frigen universe' types, caving to pressure to change the rules just to accommodate their needs. :roll:

Donnybrook2

Post by Donnybrook2 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:30 am

admin wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:39 pm
Donnybrook2 wrote:

I can just see a bunch of the administration boneheads, with their los condes trophy wives and private school kids, being nagged, ''but, we want to go to Mami for vacation, just open the boarder dad".

I swear, every single time, they have made a mega mistake (e.g. vacation last summer), it just screamed pressure from the los condes 'I am the center of my own frigen universe' types, caving to pressure to change the rules just to accommodate their needs. :roll:
I live in Las Condes and no one listens to me!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:26 am

Donnybrook2 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:30 am
admin wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:39 pm
Donnybrook2 wrote:

I live in Las Condes and no one listens to me!
:lol:

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:19 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:38 pm
Data point: brother of my wife entered Chile two days ago from Colombia and is at the Hotel Neruda in Providencia and did not have to pay.
Actually, they made him stay the whole 10 days at the transit hotel so the 5 day/5-day thingy may have changed.
Que será, será.

paladin

Post by paladin » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:16 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:19 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Data point: brother of my wife entered Chile two days ago from Colombia and is at the Hotel Neruda in Providencia and did not have to pay.
Actually, they made him stay the whole 10 days at the transit hotel so the 5 day/5-day thingy may have changed.
What do you have to do, to get your stay for free ?

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:32 pm

paladin wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:16 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
I am not clear on that. I need to ask for more details. He is a repatriating Chilean who fled Colombia after many years due to the current unrest which he says is far worse than what the media reports. He claims that people's homes are being invaded due to hunger.
Que será, será.

Donnybrook2

Post by Donnybrook2 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:46 pm

paladin wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:16 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
If you are a Chilean or resident returning to Chile and left Chile before 28th March, then they pick up the bill. You don't get a choice of hotel, which you do if you are paying.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:08 pm

They are changing the restrictions for the borders.

waiting for more details, but does not look like it is going to change much beyond chileans and residents with vaccinations can leave the country without needing to request a permission.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:10 pm

they have actually made it harder to enter the country.