Border Closed through JULY 25th (updated), citizens and residents included

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Border Closed through JUNE 30th (updated), citizens and residents included

Post by admin » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:14 am

well, it sounds like piñata is on the verge of loosing his constitutional exception powers. left and right are pushing back on extending them this time.

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... reso.shtml
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:50 am

scandinavian wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:27 am
41southchile wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:34 pm
So still no news from these morons with 7 days till the 30th when it is supposed to be closed till.??
Tried applying online for 14th July exit and was rejected for ‘insufficient evidence’ to leave.
I sent them copies of enrollment at kids schools in NZ , one way airfares, copies of NZ passports and still it was rejected. :roll: :roll:
Morons, Surely it’s better to let people leave especially those with citizenship in other country, just multa me if try and come back or whatever while borders are still closed, but I wouldn’t be able to if they don’t issue me a permit to re enter anyway?
Seems pointless

Where is the effing issue? so much bullshit.
That sounds absurd. I got permission to leave due to sickness in my close family. Had to try 3 times - keep trying would be my strong suggestion. If you are leaving the country for good, then that is a very valid reason
Yeah told my wife to try this time, Ill let her deal with the idiot bureaucracy in Chile, I’ve dealt with the US and NZ, which at least you know where you are, and they outline the steps and criteria clearly.
Not like friggin Chile where it’s subjective and some dipshit is sitting on the other end of the computer making it up as they go.
Ill let you know what happens :roll:
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:53 am

admin wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:14 am
well, it sounds like piñata is on the verge of loosing his constitutional exception powers. left and right are pushing back on extending them this time.

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... reso.shtml
Yeah that sounds about right, oh and Monday is another day off, so I guess they will decide on Tuesday the 29th what’s happening :roll: :roll:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:44 pm

41southchile wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:50 am
scandinavian wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:27 am
41southchile wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:34 pm
So still no news from these morons with 7 days till the 30th when it is supposed to be closed till.??
Tried applying online for 14th July exit and was rejected for ‘insufficient evidence’ to leave.
I sent them copies of enrollment at kids schools in NZ , one way airfares, copies of NZ passports and still it was rejected. :roll: :roll:
Morons, Surely it’s better to let people leave especially those with citizenship in other country, just multa me if try and come back or whatever while borders are still closed, but I wouldn’t be able to if they don’t issue me a permit to re enter anyway?
Seems pointless

Where is the effing issue? so much bullshit.
That sounds absurd. I got permission to leave due to sickness in my close family. Had to try 3 times - keep trying would be my strong suggestion. If you are leaving the country for good, then that is a very valid reason
Yeah told my wife to try this time, Ill let her deal with the idiot bureaucracy in Chile, I’ve dealt with the US and NZ, which at least you know where you are, and they outline the steps and criteria clearly.
Not like friggin Chile where it’s subjective and some dipshit is sitting on the other end of the computer making it up as they go.
Ill let you know what happens :roll:
I hear the government is offering free flights out of the country for migrants. Perhaps you are booking the wrong flight. 😆 🤣

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:46 pm

On a more serious note, they announced a whole mess of new requirements for quartine for entering Chile,

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... delta.html

Donnybrook2

Post by Donnybrook2 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:51 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:46 pm
On a more serious note, they announced a whole mess of new requirements for quartine for entering Chile,

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... delta.html
The only new bit I see is that when you go to your home to quarantine the second 5 day period everyone who lives in the house must also quarantine. The rest should have been in place already. They did follow up with my friends for those following 5 days by phone so it was all followed with them. One thing is obvious from posts in other places is that the special permission is automated. Get the key words right and try often enough and you get it. People are getting it for leaving Chile for good and then coming back in with no consequences to their residence. This is one place they could tighten things up.

Kdburns

Post by Kdburns » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:22 pm

Key change, no public transport for your second 5 days.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:38 pm

People will also be unable to get "permisos" or to use their "pase de movilidad" if they are fined and don't pay their fines. Whether or not that's going to be enforced is a whole different issue.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:23 am

Just in case it wasn't clear, closed till the 14th of July for the time being,

I notice it says

"Los chilenos y extranjeros residentes en el país podrán salir, sin embargo, cumpliendo ciertos requisitos y condiciones. Para esto se deberá realizar una solicitud extraordinaria de viaje a través de la comisaría virtual."

Yeah well here's an idea, it might be a good idea to actually outline those certain requirements and conditions, and not leave the decision up to some desk jockey who rejects the application after less than 3 hours, probably because he or she couldn't be assed looking at it.

My wife applied again yesterday, no reply yet, so taking that as a good sign, as they didn't reject it straight away.

https://www.latercera.com/nacional/noti ... NFV7UT5T4/

41southchile

Re: Border Closed through JULY 14th (updated), citizens and residents included

Post by 41southchile » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:46 pm

All sorted. Dunno why I attempted it in the 1st place, my patience is limited when it comes to bureaucracy.
Took about 18 hours to come through, all approved.
Maybe they were waiting to make sure it would continue to be closed. Idk, doesn’t matter now.

snobrd4life

Post by snobrd4life » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:34 pm

Just something I saw on my feed earlier today…
Attachments
0A9F17C7-9EE1-49AC-B1EA-DA9B3B7618DC.jpeg
ese ruido blanco es una alarma en mis oídos
Not in Chile for now, but still lurking.

paladin

Post by paladin » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:09 pm

I read today that in the month of May, more than 33000 came in/out on international flights ! I imagined that with the restrictions on issuing permits to get out of prison, there would be very few. My problem is that I can perhaps find a good reason to get out,there’s no way I want the hassle and cost of quarantine when I return.