Border Closed through JULY 25th (updated), citizens and residents included

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
admin
Site Admin

Border Closed through JULY 25th (updated), citizens and residents included

Post by admin » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:54 am

This has been extended through the JULY 25th, 2021.

Including residents and citizens, and they must apply for special permissions for extraordinary circumstances.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

tiagoabner

Re: Chile border closed for 30 days, citizens and residents included

Post by tiagoabner » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:04 pm

Changes to lockdown and other healthcare policies in Chile:
- All borders are closed during April.
- The curfew now starts on 9 pm. Effective immediately.
- Sanitary checkpoints are in effect immediately around areas in lockdown.
- Non-essential businesses are going to be closed during lockdown stages 1 (Monday to Sunday lockdown) and stage 2 (Sat/Sun quarantine). Essential businesses will be prohibited from selling non-essential goods to try to lower movement of people and goods. This is effective starting this Friday.
- Stricter definitions of essential workers to further restrict transit permits during lockdown.
- Individual permits within lockdown level 1 & 2 counties will be limited to 2 per week, but only 1 can be used during weekends.
- Church attendance is limited to 5 people maximum.
- Starting on Monday, it will be possible to go out from 6 to 9 am to do exercise in open areas (usually parks). Social distancing and mask wearing are going to be mandatory. There's no need to get a permit to do this, but you're expected to exercise as close to your home as possible.

Further measures may be implemented in the future. This was all from a live press release, I'll post a link to a news article once someone compiles it all.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Chile Borders Closed for 30 days, citizens and residents included

Post by admin » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:10 pm

we are pulling the official resultions, because there is a whole rats nest of constitutional issues tied up in this.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:10 pm

The government is literally changing the announcements as we speak,
Se restringen los viajes al extranjero por todo el mes de abril tanto para ciudadanos chilenos como extranjeros residentes. Se podrá solicitar, en caso de situación extraordinaria, un permiso para salir a través de Comisaría virtual. Esto sólo puede ser solicitado si es fundamental para el país, por una medida humanitaria, porque sea esencial para la salud o porque la persona que sale no vuelve.
but, we have new publications from the government that are obmitting something from the earlier announcement.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:12 pm

As it stands now, essentially for 30 days from the 5th of april, citizens and residents can not leave the country except with a special permit.

among other reasons, if you are leaving without returning for at least 30 days.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:22 pm

1. Cierre de fronteras durante abril:
a. Se restringirán los viajes al extranjero por el plazo de 30 días, tanto para
ciudadanos chilenos como extranjeros residentes. Se permitirá, a través de la Comisaría Virtual,
mediante un formulario, solicitar autorización extraordinaria para el viaje de personas al
exterior, por motivos urgentes y calificados de carácter humanitario, tratamientos de salud o
gestiones imprescindibles para la marcha adecuada del país.
b. Se prohibirá, también por 30 días, el ingreso de extranjeros no residentes en
Chile, con excepción de aquellos debidamente autorizados por la autoridad consular chilena en
el país de origen, bajo criterios sanitarios fundados emitidos por la autoridad sanitaria, mirando
siempre el interés general del país.
c. Se exigirá que los choferes de camiones que ingresen por frontera terrestre,
cuenten con PCR de máximo 72 horas y se realizarán de exámenes aleatorios de antígenos por
personal de Salud a choferes que ingresan al país. En el caso de que uno de ellos tenga examen
positivo al Coronavirus, ingresará a una residencia sanitaria y la empresa transportista deberá
hacerse cargo de la operación de la carga y del camión.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:31 pm

O.k., government screwed up the announcement again.

they just clarified that chileans and residents outside the country currently, can return with all the various sanitary requirments of PCR tests, 5 day mandatory quarantine in government hotel, etc.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:33 pm

no foreigners without residency, unless they obtain a special permission from the chilean consulate outside of chile, and then only under limited emergency circumstances. They also must comply with quarantine, PCR tests, etc.

standby, I am sure they will have to clarify their clarification a few more times.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:46 pm

here is the link for reserving the hotel,

https://hoteles-en-transito-minsal.travelsecurity.cl/

chesswolf

Post by chesswolf » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:00 pm

I'd love to hear about that condition that allows residents to leave if they don't return "for at least 30 days." I have a three month trip planned soon and would be thrilled to hear that I can still go... if I can find any flights

Donnybrook2

Post by Donnybrook2 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:48 pm

chesswolf wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:00 pm
I'd love to hear about that condition that allows residents to leave if they don't return "for at least 30 days." I have a three month trip planned soon and would be thrilled to hear that I can still go... if I can find any flights
Give it until next week for clarification but I don't see why you couldn't go if not returning in April. LATAM has had flights continuously, although sometimes not every day, so at least you should be able to fly via Miami.

SUPagogo

Post by SUPagogo » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:24 pm

Hi, Before changing my ticket from leaving US april 5 to leaving April 4 instead, I want to make sure I am interpreting the info that I can ARRIVE on the 5th (not a resident anylonger).

The reservation agents I spoke with say YES as long as I leave US before 5th I am OK to enter on the 5th.

Anyone else interpret this the same?

much appreciated.