ALL TRAVELERS TO CHILE TO BE QUARTINED!!!!

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
SUPagogo

Re: ALL TRAVELERS TO CHILE TO BE QUARTINED!!!!

Post by SUPagogo » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:24 pm

Ok. This info helps. Thank you.

SUPagogo

Post by SUPagogo » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:27 pm

I guess what I saved in airfare I will make up for by renting a hotel room I didn’t even want!

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:30 pm

SUPagogo wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:56 pm
I have a ticket booked for April 5 to June 5! Wondering about the Hotels that being used for the 5 day quarantine. Because it’s a long trip and necessary I will have to put up with the 5 days but I need to be able to work from there. Anyone have an idea where I can look for the info on where the quarantine is held? Thanks.
Yeah I want to know the same thing because Grandma is/was supposed to come visit and meet her baby grandson next month. Where is the info on "transit hotels"? How much do they cost? What forms of transport can you take to get there? Etc.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:45 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:30 pm
SUPagogo wrote:
I have a ticket booked for April 5 to June 5! Wondering about the Hotels that being used for the 5 day quarantine. Because it’s a long trip and necessary I will have to put up with the 5 days but I need to be able to work from there. Anyone have an idea where I can look for the info on where the quarantine is held? Thanks.
Yeah I want to know the same thing because Grandma is/was supposed to come visit and meet her baby grandson next month. Where is the info on "transit hotels"? How much do they cost? What forms of transport can you take to get there? Etc.

Mine is free, but apparently that is changing for those arriving to the country next week. They take you from the airport in a van with other suspected or confirmed cases.

chesswolf

Post by chesswolf » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:03 pm

What's the difference between a "hotel transitorio" and a "residencia sanitaria"? Anyone know?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:42 pm

chesswolf wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:03 pm
What's the difference between a "hotel transitorio" and a "residencia sanitaria"? Anyone know?
"hotel transitorio" is for travelers. They are not allowing travelers that may be carring the varrient from outside the country to mix with people inside the country that need a place to quartine.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

SUPagogo

Post by SUPagogo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:55 pm

Hi. I appreciate everyone’s feedback. I’m trying to nitpick the details here re the transit hotel. Thank you Admin for clarifying re the difference between the two.

Re the “5 days” does anyone know if this means 5 nights leave day 6 or 4 nights leave day 5 if PCR test is negative? Thanks again.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:59 pm

GAminer wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:45 pm
Jamers41 wrote:
SUPagogo wrote:

Mine is free, but apparently that is changing for those arriving to the country next week. They take you from the airport in a van with other suspected or confirmed cases.
Ok great, but other details that I can't seem to find anywhere would be really helpful. Do you have a choice of hotel? A choice of room? What are the (approximate) costs? Does it have to be arranged before arrival or can you do it once at the airport? Info like that would be extremely useful.....if you can provide it, thanks :)

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:00 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:59 pm
GAminer wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:45 pm
Jamers41 wrote:
SUPagogo wrote:

Ok great, but other details that I can't seem to find anywhere would be really helpful. Do you have a choice of hotel? A choice of room? What are the (approximate) costs? Does it have to be arranged before arrival or can you do it once at the airport? Info like that would be extremely useful.....if you can provide it, thanks :)
You don't get to choose. They take you to one of the hotels that they are using and they take your information and your vitals, and then you wait until your pcr result is back and of its negative they give you a certificado de traslado. If it is positive they take you to a residencia sanitaria, which is pretty much the same thing, but for confirmed or suspected cases of covid.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:59 am

$450,000 pesos seems to be the price

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Economia/ ... nsito.html

transport to the hotel from the airport
PCR tests
3 meals a day

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Fugger

Post by Fugger » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:46 am

GAminer wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:00 pm
You don't get to choose. They take you to one of the hotels that they are using and they take your information and your vitals, and then you wait until your pcr result is back and of its negative they give you a certificado de traslado. If it is positive they take you to a residencia sanitaria, which is pretty much the same thing, but for confirmed or suspected cases of covid.
It seems that with the new regime you now get to choose your "hotel de estadía obligatorio". According to https://www.c19.cl/ you need to book through Travel Security or Cocha and available hotels in Santiago are between CLP 200k (2*) and CLP 700k (5*). This includes food and lodging but not PCR test and transfer.
1531 pacta sunt servanda

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:38 am

Everyone should take note that there is the real possibility that the borders with Chile will be completely closed again. The government is hinting at it, and it will likely be with little to no notice when it happens.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... iones.html

when they close the border, they still have to let residents and citizens in.