ALL TRAVELERS TO CHILE TO BE QUARTINED!!!!

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
User avatar
tiagoabner
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:48 am
Location: Concón

Re: ALL TRAVELERS TO CHILE TO BE QUARTINED!!!!

Post by tiagoabner » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:21 pm

Some passengers have reported that the government ran out of rooms in "Hoteles de transición" this morning, during the first day the new measures are being implemented. Seremi de Salud claims this was taken care of by noon.

Source: https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... upos.shtml
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

Donnybrook2
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:39 am

Re: ALL TRAVELERS TO CHILE TO BE QUARTINED!!!!

Post by Donnybrook2 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:24 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:21 pm
Some passengers have reported that the government ran out of rooms in "Hoteles de transición" this morning, during the first day the new measures are being implemented. Seremi de Salud claims this was taken care of by noon.

Source: https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... upos.shtml
If you look at the c19 page, it gives the names of the two travel agencies which passengers must use to book a hotel. Only then can they continue to fill in the c19 form. It is all supposed to be booked and, I believe, paid before the next step. So not sure what was going on there. I would imagine that some arrived without booking beforehand?

User avatar
tiagoabner
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:48 am
Location: Concón

Re: ALL TRAVELERS TO CHILE TO BE QUARTINED!!!!

Post by tiagoabner » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:55 pm

Donnybrook2 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:24 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:21 pm
Some passengers have reported that the government ran out of rooms in "Hoteles de transición" this morning, during the first day the new measures are being implemented. Seremi de Salud claims this was taken care of by noon.

Source: https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... upos.shtml
If you look at the c19 page, it gives the names of the two travel agencies which passengers must use to book a hotel. Only then can they continue to fill in the c19 form. It is all supposed to be booked and, I believe, paid before the next step. So not sure what was going on there. I would imagine that some arrived without booking beforehand?
I'm really not sure. The C19 pasaporte sanitário is mandatory for anyone coming into the country, and has been for a really long time. However, I had looked at it last week and that link to book the hotel de tramite wasn't there. If I had to guess, I would guess someone added that there in the last few days and people didn't notice.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23820
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: ALL TRAVELERS TO CHILE TO BE QUARTINED!!!!

Post by admin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:20 pm

DGAC (FAA of chile) is calling for the government to close the boarders.


https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... virus.html


They say it is absurd to allow tourist in, when most of the country is under lockdown.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
tiagoabner
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:48 am
Location: Concón

Re: ALL TRAVELERS TO CHILE TO BE QUARTINED!!!!

Post by tiagoabner » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:24 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:20 pm
DGAC (FAA of chile) is calling for the government to close the borders.


https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... virus.html


They say it is absurd to allow tourists in when most of the country is under lockdown.
They're not the only ones. :lol:
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23820
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: ALL TRAVELERS TO CHILE TO BE QUARTINED!!!!

Post by admin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:43 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:24 pm
admin wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:20 pm
DGAC (FAA of chile) is calling for the government to close the borders.


https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... virus.html


They say it is absurd to allow tourists in when most of the country is under lockdown.
They're not the only ones. :lol:
There is suppose to be an announcement shortly tonight, possibly tomorrow. pretty much 100% sure they are closing the boarder. everyone is screeming at the government from every corner to close it.

we are telling people already, if they do not have at least a temporary residency visa via the consulate, do not expect to be let in to the country or be ready to cancel their trip at the last moment.

a lot of people are going to be suprised at the airport when they try to get on the plane.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23820
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: ALL TRAVELERS TO CHILE TO BE QUARTINED!!!!

Post by admin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:50 pm

yea, seems the announcement on more restrictions is going to be tomorrow,

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... eves.shtml
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
eeuunikkeiexpat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 8476
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Somewhere south of Valpo

Re: ALL TRAVELERS TO CHILE TO BE QUARTINED!!!!

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:52 pm

Pirahna administration's "there is no risk of tsunami" moment.
Que será, será.

User avatar
murf
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:00 pm
Location: chicagoish

Re: ALL TRAVELERS TO CHILE TO BE QUARTINED!!!!

Post by murf » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:45 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:50 pm
yea, seems the announcement on more restrictions is going to be tomorrow,

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... eves.shtml
Does that pertain to leaving the country also?

(My Spanish isn’t great)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23820
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: ALL TRAVELERS TO CHILE TO BE QUARTINED!!!!

Post by admin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:57 pm

murf wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:45 pm
admin wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:50 pm
yea, seems the announcement on more restrictions is going to be tomorrow,

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... eves.shtml
Does that pertain to leaving the country also?

(My Spanish isn’t great)
no, generally as long as you got somewhere to go and a way to get there, no one is going to stop you leaving. now, if they restrict the boarder coming in, outbound flights tend to be in short supply.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23820
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: ALL TRAVELERS TO CHILE TO BE QUARTINED!!!!

Post by admin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:59 pm

so more details on the mess at the airport. seems another fine case of lack of communication on the part of the government.

https://www.df.cl/noticias/empresas/ind ... 25649.html

they were letting people on flights by just signing a declaration stating they had paid for the hotel. I bet you 3/4ths of the people had no idea what that means.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
murf
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:00 pm
Location: chicagoish

Re: ALL TRAVELERS TO CHILE TO BE QUARTINED!!!!

Post by murf » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:28 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:57 pm
murf wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:45 pm
admin wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:50 pm
yea, seems the announcement on more restrictions is going to be tomorrow,

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... eves.shtml
Does that pertain to leaving the country also?

(My Spanish isn’t great)
no, generally as long as you got somewhere to go and a way to get there, no one is going to stop you leaving. now, if they restrict the boarder coming in, outbound flights tend to be in short supply.
Thanks

My wife has a flight booked to leave in about 2 weeks.


Fingers crossed that things don’t deteriorate in the meantime.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

Post Reply