weekend permissions suspended for phase 1&2 quarantine

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
gringalais

Re: weekend permissions suspended for phase 1 quarantine

Post by gringalais » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:06 pm

Thanks, EEUU. I had forgotten about the reservations. I may have to try it.

I have lost track of the times that a website will say it has delivery in all the Metropolitan Region, but then you try and place an order and are told they don't deliver to our address. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Today they were showing a map, supposedly of the Metropolitan Region, on TV to indicate which comunas are in phase one and which are in phase two. It was basically Gran Santiago plus some places to the north of Santiago like Lampa and Colina.Everything to the south, Pirque, Buin, Paine, Isla de Maipo, etc. didn't exist. I guess we are no longer part of the Metropolitan Region! At least we have Viña Santa Rita and Cervecería Die M nearby that deliver.

My husband was just remembering that there's this smaller supermarket that we used to go to on occasion that told us they can deliver when the last lockdown was about to hit. We never tried it, but they could be an option too.

scandinavian

Post by scandinavian » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:55 pm

No cornershop? The app I mean

gringalais

Re: weekend permissions suspended for phase 1&2 quarantine

Post by gringalais » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:52 pm

Unfortunately, Cornershop has been "coming soon" for the two years we have lived here. I check every once in a while, but so far no luck.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:13 pm

The worse was Jumbo. They worked once where we lived, and never worked again.

We spent an hour loading up the shopping cart. Get to checkout, and they tell us the next delivery is in 3 months. Tried it again, after doing all the shopping and they tell us at checkout they don't deliver to our area. yet, I have friends on the other side of the same town, that have no problem getting Jumbo to deliver in about 24 - 48 hours.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:28 pm

Funny thing is I have good friend that works for the legal department of cencosur.

Every time he comes to visit, I lecture him on how half-ass they are running Jumbo, or Easy, etc.

Our conversations always go something like,

Me, bitching

He is like, "dude, not my department".

I said, "dude, you work in the legal department, it is all your department. fix it".

Think that conversation has been going on for about 10+ years now. Does not seem to be helping.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:44 pm

Well, thought the government was pushing their luck with this. They are already walking it back a bit, and confirmed it is only for the weekend of the 27th and 28th.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... ntena.html

PDT_Armataz_01_40 :fire:

scandinavian

Post by scandinavian » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:06 pm

admin wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:13 pm
The worse was Jumbo. They worked once where we lived, and never worked again.

We spent an hour loading up the shopping cart. Get to checkout, and they tell us the next delivery is in 3 months. Tried it again, after doing all the shopping and they tell us at checkout they don't deliver to our area. yet, I have friends on the other side of the same town, that have no problem getting Jumbo to deliver in about 24 - 48 hours.
I think they more or less have given up and just handed that part of the business to Cornershop. About 50% of shoppers in my local Jumbo are from Cornershop. It was a massive switch when Cornershop went from Lider to Jumbo last year

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:53 pm

admin wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:44 pm
Well, thought the government was pushing their luck with this. They are already walking it back a bit, and confirmed it is only for the weekend of the 27th and 28th.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... ntena.html

PDT_Armataz_01_40 :fire:
Those technocrat fumbducks don't have the slightest idea how the rest of the world lives. Think about that when it applies to other even directly related topics that pertain to YOU if you are not in their econ-$ocio circle establi$hment left, center, right or whatever.
Que será, será.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:15 pm

On the streets, was it wise to give 20 something chilenas of Minsal (yes females the primary workers for this in my observations and anecdotes), probably in their first jobs (a government one at that) most likely still living with Mom and/or Pa, sooo much power and leeway to boss around the populace only because they had everything from a revolver to semi-auto pistol wielding Carabinero and PDI to milcos with .308 FALs or shotguns at the ready to back up their "decisions"?

Look at the reactions in Europe. Maybe Chilelandia has been P whipped, but for how long?
Que será, será.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:26 pm

well, pinata is out with a new announcement of "please do not lynch me" bonos for the new quarantine.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Economia/ ... tenas.html

looks like up to 1,5 million monthly income qualifies for the 500,000 pesos bono, and bigger ones for people that qualify for other economic conditions on an ongoing monthly basis, and number of days under quarantine.

mem

Post by mem » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:31 am

admin wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:44 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:17 pm
For Lider Hiper and Express and Acuenta, this works very well:

https://www.lider.cl/agenda/
yea, the problem with the big chains, their delivery service sucks outside of santiago and the central regions. classic case of Chilean marketing hype, that does not work worth a shit in practice.
Country bumpkins get very little love, while the city dwellers get most of the bonos

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:24 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:15 pm
Look at the reactions in Europe. Maybe Chilelandia has been P whipped, but for how long?
If you've been following news coverage of the reactions in Europe for some time, you can arrange the countries by the protests frequency and strength. Where does Spain stand in the list?..
- How does one cross a river?
- Don't get your feet wet.