weekend permissions suspended for phase 1&2 quarantine

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
admin
Site Admin

Re: weekend permissions suspended for phase 1&2 quarantine

Post by admin » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:32 pm

Really, they should have a system to buy and sell permissions. Like last week, I did not use any of my permissions and neither did my wife. This week I have used one. Actually, I really don't need to use any of them, sometimes for weeks at a time. I have a three time a week standing sudo-permission to drive my mother in law to dyalis in Puerto Varas, and they are in phase 2. So, once there I can go shopping, etc, in the middle of the week. On top of which, we have three houses next to each other, and there is always someone going to town and doing shopping. So, collectively we rarely max out our permissions.

They should be like carbon credits, call them "covid credits". Think about it, if some moron wants to drop say a million pesos a day buying up other people's permissions, I am fine with staying home. That is that many less people in circulation. Rather than having millions of people in circulation, exchanging covid, you might have a few thousand or tens of thousands of the same people in circulation that are actually at risk. likewise, there might be people that have real legit reasons they need to be out more than the permissions allow; while, people that really don't need to go out, but might need the money, can cash in their covid credits on the market.

Hell, it could be bigger than bitcoin :lol: :roll:
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:36 pm

Seriously though people, don't push your luck.

Had a client recently try to push the limits, and got nailed with a 2.5 million peso fine.

Definitely will put a crimp in your beer budget.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

gringalais

Post by gringalais » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:54 pm

Yeah. I follow the rules no matter how stupid I think some of them are. I don't want a hefty fine for sure.

When I went to the security booth today to pick up a package the guard had signed for, he mentioned that there's a nearby minimarket doing delivery. I took down the number just in case. I don't anticipating needing anything, but you never know. It could come in handy.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:31 pm

so this last weekend is just a dress rehearsal for semana santa / easter weekend that is 4 days.

among other things, there will be no travel between at least at least 4 regions.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... Santa.html

They have not clarified the other rules, especially considering thete were some rather fuzzy court rullings that forced the government to back off restrictions for religious meetings.

I am sure this all going to end well, will be clearly communicated, in a timely manner so we a have plenty of time to prepare and adjust. :roll: :shock: :lol:

gringalais

Post by gringalais » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:42 pm

Does anyone have experience with Fazil, Tottus' food delivery service? They just started offering it in our area. With things as they are, I figure it can't hurt to have as many options as possible.