weekend permissions suspended for phase 1&2 quarantine

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
RuneTheChookcha

Re: weekend permissions suspended for phase 1&2 quarantine

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:04 pm

So the director of the confederation of the Ferias Libres is asking feria vendors to go to their usual feria place, and be there. But there will be no buyers. But no problem. Just do "deliveries". I am impressed.

"It was Gloria Guaiquiante, director and spokesperson of the confederation [de Ferias Libres], pointing out that “this weekend you [feria vendors] will indeed be able to be at your ferias, but making deliveries [!!!]. There will not be permits for people [buyers] so that they can go out to do their shopping, but you will be able to make deliveries: answer the calls and orders that they can make through WhatsApp ”.

Confederación de Ferias Libre: Hagamos un esfuerzo en conjunto por salir adelante de esta pandemia

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... emia.shtml
- How does one cross a river?
- Don't get your feet wet.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:57 pm

RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:04 pm
So the director of the confederation of the Ferias Libres is asking feria vendors to go to their usual feria place, and be there. But there will be no buyers. But no problem. Just do "deliveries". I am impressed.

"It was Gloria Guaiquiante, director and spokesperson of the confederation [de Ferias Libres], pointing out that “this weekend you [feria vendors] will indeed be able to be at your ferias, but making deliveries [!!!]. There will not be permits for people [buyers] so that they can go out to do their shopping, but you will be able to make deliveries: answer the calls and orders that they can make through WhatsApp ”.

Confederación de Ferias Libre: Hagamos un esfuerzo en conjunto por salir adelante de esta pandemia

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... emia.shtml
I saw her on the day they announced "ferias" would be open while no one had permisos and I have also been wondering how the hell she expects produce sellers whose business model revolves around having people come to them build up delivery capacity within a couple days.

This report claims that less than 5% of all produce sellers offer deliver, so I'm really not sure how that would work out: https://www.t13.cl/videos/nacional/vide ... e-delivery
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

gringalais

Post by gringalais » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:27 am

During the last lockdown, I was able to find a guy that delivered vegetables. It wasn't easy, though. It took some searching and every time I wanted to order, I had to request his price list, send him an order by WhatsApp and send him the money by a bank transfer. I tried to order from him after the lockdown ended, but he told me he was no longer doing delivery.

My husband was able to go to Líder Express yesterday afternoon at around 5. He said it wasn't busy, but the shelves looked pretty sad. They were out of a lot of stuff.

gringalais

Post by gringalais » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:28 am

Delivery out in the country! :lol:
Attachments
ExHtxx6W8AETgZz.jpg

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:19 pm

gringalais wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:27 am
I tried to order from him after the lockdown ended, but he told me he was no longer doing delivery.
According to the MercadoLibre vendor WhatsApp group I follow, the authorities have gotten really strict on issuing permits to delivery operations. Only real businesses with all the proofs in a narrow list of product categories can be out during quarantine.
Que será, será.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:55 pm

We have a series of taxi and collectivo drivers that will deliver to us out at our house. Typically works pretty good for them, as they typically deliver stuff when they are slow, unless we expressly tell them we are in a hurry; and, then they pickup some rides on the way back to town at the same time.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:10 pm

Today was the first time there was a long line for the pre-booked at the HiperLider here in San Antonio. This agglomeration obviously people from Algarrobo to Santo Domingo who would otherwise shop this weekend but had to before the one-time (previously the new permanent rule) prohibition this weekend. Good job technocrat douchebags!
Que será, será.

gringalais

Post by gringalais » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:23 pm

It is so stupid, I just don't know what to say anymore. Did the virus tell the Health Ministry that it is going to behave particularly bad this weekend? With Semana Santa coming up, I sense we are going to have more disorganized policies that are poorly communicated.

In February, the Minister said that by late March we should at least be seeing some impact of the vaccinations on deaths and ICU patients. Today in the news I read that they now want to increase ICU capacity to 4,000 by April 6th. Who is going to staff those beds? I think there is no one left. Where is the reduction in the ICU patients?

-----------------

But I must stop my rant to say that Cervecería Die M is the best delivery. We ordered in the morning and it was here this afternoon, delivered by the founder himself!!

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:26 pm

Started with just a week to flatten the curve then a couple of weeks then a month and then we never heard about the "curve" thing again and we are now a year plus into the state of emergency and lockdowns with no let up in sight.

Don't rant too much and become a nail, enjoy the artesanal beer, I know I've been drinking just a teeensy bit more. :D
Que será, será.

gringalais

Post by gringalais » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:36 pm

EEUU - I am drinking Die M and listening to Nostalgias by Andrés Calamaro (originally from Carlos Gardel):

The first line is: Quiero emborrachar mi corazon :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0dmZZ3MSbI

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:51 pm

My two permisos are done for the week so I am preparing to hunker down in situ for the next 6 to 7 days. Let's see if I can stick to my list and schedule of simple to-do's to grand projects. The Bianchi stationary bike which I bought for an incredible price before Linio and Falabella delivery went downhill beckons me to add to the cumulative km count.

Salud.
Que será, será.

gringalais

Post by gringalais » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:15 pm

We bought a stationary bike a few months ago too. It will be very useful in this lockdown, I think. I've been pretty good already getting in my minutes. We have to maintain ourselves elegantly middle-aged after all. Apart from that, finishing the xeriscape in the front yard is the main project.