weekend permissions suspended for phase 1&2 quarantine

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
admin
Site Admin

weekend permissions suspended for phase 1&2 quarantine

Post by admin » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:52 pm

The government has announced the suspension of personal permissions for weekends for areas under phase 1 and 2 quarantine, starting this Saturday.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... ntena.html

UPDATE: Government has clarified that it only for the 27th and 28th.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Re: weekend permissions suspended for phase 1 quarantine

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:02 pm

But you can leave the house for a walk or other physical activity between 6 am and 9 am. Perfect hours to get mugged on those days.
Que será, será.

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:05 pm

"La medida aplicará a las zonas que están en Fase 1 y 2."
- How does one cross a river?
- Don't get your feet wet.

gringalais

Post by gringalais » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:08 pm

They also expanded quarantine to many more municipalities. Yet, somehow they still want the elections will go on as scheduled?

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:18 pm

My guess is the government doesn't want the elections to go through, but they're slow-rolling things to avoid having to deal with the political fallout.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:46 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:18 pm
My guess is the government doesn't want the elections to go through, but they're slow-rolling things to avoid having to deal with the political fallout.
Not so sure about that. I think the center left to right (the establishment), is calculating the far left will have less traction / say in the rewrite right now, as the populations in general is just overall not in the mood for airy fairy unicorns and rainbows crap of the commie kids; especially considering they do not have their number one big stick: thousands of kids protesting and throwing a fit in the street.

There is also the calculation, that if this fails, the current constitution stands.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:20 pm

My guess is the elections will either go ahead in April or just be pushed back a few months, I can't see them being pushed back into next year or cancelled altogether.

So it looks like supermarkets and other food places will be closed on Saturday and Sunday. What this means is that everywhere in town will be crowded on Monday and Friday, which to some slight extent can sometimes already be the case so it will get worse.

Friday 2nd April and Monday 5th April will likely be particularly bad as I believe people have just got their salary most commonly by around then?

This Friday 26th March and Monday 29th March could also be messy as people get used to the new situation and the need for more planning ahead.

I think the smart move is to plan most outings on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from now on, and only go out Mondays and Fridays if you have to. This will I think both reduce your COVID exposure and also save time on queing and stress.

The way I planned food purchases years ago as a student would not work here. It was basically "I am currently eating plain pasta since that was the only thing left, so perhaps I will go to the supermarket tomorrow."

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:51 pm

So reduce the days people can get the basics of life after they already shortened the time to two hours and frequency to twice a week. Lot more stress for people already stressed and fatigued by it all.
Que será, será.

gringalais

Post by gringalais » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:07 pm

So true, EEUU. I'm not happy about this at all. We are really busy with work during the week and with places closing earlier, sometimes it's hard to plan a trip to the store. Weekends simply work better for us than during the week. I guess we are stuck running to the Líder Express in town mid-week as soon as they open. Tottus gets full early as does the Hiper Líder. Going to Jumbo takes more than the 2 hour limit and requires moving between comunas.

Of course in the press conference, the big suggestion was to order delivery as if everyone can do that. The only grocery delivery we can get where we live is Telemercados. None of the main supermarket chains deliver here. We have found out the hard way that once the quarantines start, Telemercados quickly runs out of stock of everything. we preemptively tried to place an order a few weeks ago and it was already slim pickings.

And, what is the point, anyways from an epidemiological standpoint? It's just going to lead to more crowding during the week. It's like the malls when they sent the RM back to phase 2 in December.

Luckily, we are reasonably stocked with most things right now. If this drags out, though, it's going to become a hassle.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:17 pm

For Lider Hiper and Express and Acuenta, this works very well:

https://www.lider.cl/agenda/
Que será, será.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:44 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:17 pm
For Lider Hiper and Express and Acuenta, this works very well:

https://www.lider.cl/agenda/
yea, the problem with the big chains, their delivery service sucks outside of santiago and the central regions. classic case of Chilean marketing hype, that does not work worth a shit in practice.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:47 pm

we do have our small local store that will deliver to us, and the owner is actually opening a medium size grocery store down the road from us that he believes he will be able to set prices lower than the bigger chains in town. I will just be happy to not need to go in to town for groceries. We essentially have no quarantine enforcement, as long we do not go in to town.