NEW TRAVEL QUARTINE REQUIREMENTS MARCH 20th, 2020

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
Post Reply
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 24151
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

NEW TRAVEL QUARTINE REQUIREMENTS MARCH 20th, 2020

Post by admin » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:45 pm

THIS THREAD IS REPLACED BY NEW QUARTINE REQUIREMENTS.


NEW THREAD IS HERE: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=17769#p208572


o.k., new quarterintine requirements for all travelers to chile, especially effecting anyone traveling from Brazil or that has been to Brazil in the last 14 days.

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... irus.shtml
Todos los viajeros, independiente de su origen, deberán cumplir cuarentena obligatoria de 10 días, sin posibilidad de eximirse.
Los viajeros que resulten positivos dentro de los primeros 14 días en el país deberán hacer su cuarentena obligatoria en una residencia sanitaria.
Los viajeros con síntomas deberán ir a una residencia sanitaria hasta descartar el contagio.

Los viajeros deberán trasladarse a su lugar de cuarentena de forma directa, sin interactuar con otras personas y siempre con mascarilla.
El aislamiento debe ser individual o con el mismo grupo que se haya viajado.
Las personas no pueden compartir con otros residentes del hogar que no hayan viajado ni recibir visitas.

Indicaciones especiales para origen Brasil
Los viajeros provenientes de Brasil o que hayan estado en ese país en los últimos 14 días deberán trasladarse a un hotel transitorio durante 72 horas, independiente de tener un resultado negativo, y luego con una nueva PCR negativa podrán continuar su aislamiento en el lugar de residencia.
Todos los costos asociados a su ingreso (traslado, hotel transitorio y PCR) deberán ser pagados por el mismo pasajero al momento de obtener su pasaporte sanitario en Brasil.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
eeuunikkeiexpat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 8513
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Somewhere south of Valpo

Re: NEW QUARTINE REQUIREMENTS MARCH 20th, 2020

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:32 pm

Yesterday, "don't come to Chile!", today, even more so.

Damn, wouldn't it be easier to just limit entry to residents and citizens?
Que será, será.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 24151
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: NEW QUARTINE REQUIREMENTS MARCH 20th, 2020

Post by admin » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:40 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:32 pm
Yesterday, "don't come to Chile!", today, even more so.

Damn, wouldn't it be easier to just limit entry to residents and citizens?
yea, I am thinking a lot about closed barn doors and horses escaping.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 24151
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: NEW TRAVEL QUARTINE REQUIREMENTS MARCH 20th, 2020

Post by admin » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:44 pm

I seen how in Germany it went from 25% British varient to 75% of the cases being the british varient in one month.

we only have a few confirmed cases of the brazilian varient in the country, but they are not doing DNA testing on every PCR positive.

That handful, could be thousands of cases of both the brazilian and british varient in the wild, and niether originated in brazil nor the U.K. They are in the wild in every Western country.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

vamoschile
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:43 am

Re: NEW TRAVEL QUARTINE REQUIREMENTS MARCH 20th, 2020

Post by vamoschile » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:14 pm

admin wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:45 pm
o.k., new quarterintine requirements for all travelers to chile, especially effecting anyone traveling from Brazil or that has been to Brazil in the last 14 days.

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... irus.shtml
Todos los viajeros, independiente de su origen, deberán cumplir cuarentena obligatoria de 10 días, sin posibilidad de eximirse.
Los viajeros que resulten positivos dentro de los primeros 14 días en el país deberán hacer su cuarentena obligatoria en una residencia sanitaria.
Los viajeros con síntomas deberán ir a una residencia sanitaria hasta descartar el contagio.

Los viajeros deberán trasladarse a su lugar de cuarentena de forma directa, sin interactuar con otras personas y siempre con mascarilla.
El aislamiento debe ser individual o con el mismo grupo que se haya viajado.
Las personas no pueden compartir con otros residentes del hogar que no hayan viajado ni recibir visitas.

Indicaciones especiales para origen Brasil
Los viajeros provenientes de Brasil o que hayan estado en ese país en los últimos 14 días deberán trasladarse a un hotel transitorio durante 72 horas, independiente de tener un resultado negativo, y luego con una nueva PCR negativa podrán continuar su aislamiento en el lugar de residencia.
Todos los costos asociados a su ingreso (traslado, hotel transitorio y PCR) deberán ser pagados por el mismo pasajero al momento de obtener su pasaporte sanitario en Brasil.
Admin, do you know when the rules go into effect? The article and video confused me because it sounds like it starts Thursday but is that the Brazil part or all the new rules?

Video part at 6:30 and goes to 11 minutes. The part with the Thursday date starts at 10:00.

The ministro website doesn't have an effective date.

I have a family member coming to Chile on Monday and was curious if the old rules still apply on Monday. They are coming from Arizona and they are not going through Brazil.

Thanks

vamoschile
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:43 am

Re: NEW TRAVEL QUARTINE REQUIREMENTS MARCH 20th, 2020

Post by vamoschile » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:18 pm

vamoschile wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:14 pm
admin wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:45 pm
o.k., new quarterintine requirements for all travelers to chile, especially effecting anyone traveling from Brazil or that has been to Brazil in the last 14 days.

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... irus.shtml
Todos los viajeros, independiente de su origen, deberán cumplir cuarentena obligatoria de 10 días, sin posibilidad de eximirse.
Los viajeros que resulten positivos dentro de los primeros 14 días en el país deberán hacer su cuarentena obligatoria en una residencia sanitaria.
Los viajeros con síntomas deberán ir a una residencia sanitaria hasta descartar el contagio.

Los viajeros deberán trasladarse a su lugar de cuarentena de forma directa, sin interactuar con otras personas y siempre con mascarilla.
El aislamiento debe ser individual o con el mismo grupo que se haya viajado.
Las personas no pueden compartir con otros residentes del hogar que no hayan viajado ni recibir visitas.

Indicaciones especiales para origen Brasil
Los viajeros provenientes de Brasil o que hayan estado en ese país en los últimos 14 días deberán trasladarse a un hotel transitorio durante 72 horas, independiente de tener un resultado negativo, y luego con una nueva PCR negativa podrán continuar su aislamiento en el lugar de residencia.
Todos los costos asociados a su ingreso (traslado, hotel transitorio y PCR) deberán ser pagados por el mismo pasajero al momento de obtener su pasaporte sanitario en Brasil.
Admin, do you know when the rules go into effect? The article and video confused me because it sounds like it starts Thursday but is that the Brazil part or all the new rules?

Video part at 6:30 and goes to 11 minutes. The part with the Thursday date starts at 10:00.

The ministro website doesn't have an effective date.

I have a family member coming to Chile on Monday and was curious if the old rules still apply on Monday. They are coming from Arizona and they are not going through Brazil.

Thanks
Forgot the link to the video.

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1zqKVXMNWkdJB

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 24151
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: NEW TRAVEL QUARTINE REQUIREMENTS MARCH 20th, 2020

Post by admin » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:21 pm

believe the article said the 25th, but I am waiting for the government to de-clusterf***k their announcement.

Typically takes them a few days after the first one.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

vamoschile
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:43 am

Re: NEW TRAVEL QUARTINE REQUIREMENTS MARCH 20th, 2020

Post by vamoschile » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:47 pm

"El Ministerio de Salud anunció este sábado nuevas restricciones a las personas que ingresen al país vía aérea, la única frontera oficialmente abierta en Chile, con el objetivo de disminuir la posibilidad de circulación de nuevas variantes del coronavirus, reportadas en el extranjero.

En resumen, las medidas consisten en:

Todos los viajeros, independiente de su origen, deberán cumplir cuarentena obligatoria de 10 días, sin posibilidad de eximirse.
Los viajeros que resulten positivos dentro de los primeros 14 días en el país deberán hacer su cuarentena obligatoria en una residencia sanitaria.
Los viajeros con síntomas deberán ir a una residencia sanitaria hasta descartar el contagio.

Los viajeros deberán trasladarse a su lugar de cuarentena de forma directa, sin interactuar con otras personas y siempre con mascarilla.
El aislamiento debe ser individual o con el mismo grupo que se haya viajado.
Las personas no pueden compartir con otros residentes del hogar que no hayan viajado ni recibir visitas.

Indicaciones especiales para origen Brasil

Los viajeros provenientes de Brasil o que hayan estado en ese país en los últimos 14 días deberán trasladarse a un hotel transitorio durante 72 horas, independiente de tener un resultado negativo, y luego con una nueva PCR negativa podrán continuar su aislamiento en el lugar de residencia.
Todos los costos asociados a su ingreso (traslado, hotel transitorio y PCR) deberán ser pagados por el mismo pasajero al momento de obtener su pasaporte sanitario en Brasil.

Estas medidas entrarán en vigencia desde el jueves 25 de marzo a las 5:00 horas y se mantendrán al menos por un mes, para luego ser reevaluadas.

Desde el Ministerio de Salud llamaron a quienes no necesitan viajar, que se mantengan en el país.

chesswolf
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: NEW TRAVEL QUARTINE REQUIREMENTS MARCH 20th, 2020

Post by chesswolf » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:43 pm

I'm waiting for clarification on this part:

"Los viajeros deberán trasladarse a su lugar de cuarentena de forma directa, sin interactuar con otras personas y siempre con mascarilla."

Does that mean we can no longer take connecting flights to regiones? We used to get 24 hours to use any transportation to get to our homes. Is a private car waiting for you upon arrival the only way now?

Donnybrook2
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:39 am

Re: NEW TRAVEL QUARTINE REQUIREMENTS MARCH 20th, 2020

Post by Donnybrook2 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:53 pm

chesswolf wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:43 pm
I'm waiting for clarification on this part:

"Los viajeros deberán trasladarse a su lugar de cuarentena de forma directa, sin interactuar con otras personas y siempre con mascarilla."

Does that mean we can no longer take connecting flights to regiones? We used to get 24 hours to use any transportation to get to our homes. Is a private car waiting for you upon arrival the only way now?

This point was not very clear but on the Ministry of Health "Salud Responde" about the new rules, question #15 says you have 24 hours to get to your destination. It does not state how you should get there except that you must avoid all contact with others. I imagine you could take private transport to your destination but flights and buses may now not be allowed. They might clarify this later in the week.
https://saludresponde.minsal.cl/pregunt ... ros/#vel15

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 24151
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: NEW TRAVEL QUARTINE REQUIREMENTS MARCH 20th, 2020

Post by admin » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:18 pm

THIS THREAD IS REPLACED BY NEW REQUIREMENTS.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=17769#p208572

Due to british and brazilian varient being found, new restrictions on travel to Chile.

31 match, all people entering the country must spend 5 days on a quartine hotel. foriegners, citizens, and residents included.

They must complete another 5 day quarantine at their destination in the country.

all travelers after 27 march, must pay for the quartine themselves.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Post Reply