Quarantine requirements for all travel to Chile

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
User avatar
helibel
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:27 am
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: Quarantine requirements for all travelers to Chile (UPDATE 2, Jan 7th)

Post by helibel » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:09 pm

How easy or difficult is it to get a test in the south. If we come, and have to quarantine until we get a negative test. Are readily available in towns like Futrono? We will also need a negative PCR within 72 hours of travel to return to Puerto Rico with results . It is certainly not easy I. Our little town I Puerto Rico, so I wonder how it is there?

jb_chile
Rank: Chile Forum Tourist
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:30 am
Location: USA

Re: Quarantine requirements for all travelers to Chile (UPDATE 2, Jan 7th)

Post by jb_chile » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:26 pm

helibel wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:25 am
woo Hoo, I received my first shot of the Moderna vaccine last week and will get the second Booster on the 7th of February. Will I have to quarantine in March if we come to Chile?
Helibel,
I am a newbie here, but I know enough that the bureaucracy tends to follow the rules in Chile and frankly everywhere. Until you see Chile (and probably other countries or states or puerto rico around the same time) say that vaccine is as good as a test, then expect to need a test to the extent current regulations say. Congrads on getting the vaccine. I am expecting to get my first and second shortly so I know the great feeling it is regardless of the current rules. Countries are looking into the idea of a 'vaccine passport' like has been mentioned relative to 'yellow fever' but I have not heard any country do that yet.
I am not your doctor, lawyer, accountant, broker, financial professional or other advisor. Consider all my posts entertainment.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23223
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Quarantine requirements for all travelers to Chile (UPDATE 2, Jan 7th)

Post by admin » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:48 pm

helibel wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:09 pm
How easy or difficult is it to get a test in the south. If we come, and have to quarantine until we get a negative test. Are readily available in towns like Futrono? We will also need a negative PCR within 72 hours of travel to return to Puerto Rico with results . It is certainly not easy I. Our little town I Puerto Rico, so I wonder how it is there?
local hospital / clinic should be able to do one.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

such_cuidadano
Rank: Chile Forum Tourist
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 8:13 pm

Re: Quarantine requirements for all travelers to Chile (UPDATE 2, Jan 7th)

Post by such_cuidadano » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:17 am

I have a visa temporaria in tramite and return to Chile at January 30th. I asked the PDI officer while leaving how do I enter - as a resident and a tourist. He said a tourist. Anybody knows about the duration of a travel insurance I have to buy for this covid requirement?

such_cuidadano
Rank: Chile Forum Tourist
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 8:13 pm

Re: Quarantine requirements for all travelers to Chile (UPDATE 2, Jan 7th)

Post by such_cuidadano » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:50 am

such_cuidadano wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:17 am
I have a visa temporaria in tramite and return to Chile at January 30th. I asked the PDI officer while leaving how do I enter - as a resident and a tourist. He said a tourist. Anybody knows about the duration of a travel insurance I have to buy for this covid requirement?
At the end I wasn't asked about any insurance and they didn't give me the tourist visa. I guess I entered as a resident.
Also they make PCR test for everyone coming from abroad, which affects connection time. It's about 1 hour more, the queue is slow.

jb_chile
Rank: Chile Forum Tourist
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:30 am
Location: USA

Re: Quarantine requirements for all travel to Chile

Post by jb_chile » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:03 pm

I have read the simple description of the quarantine flying internationally into Santiago as 10 days but (maybe?) if after 7 days you get a negative PCR test, you can get out early. Is there somewhere in Santiago where you can get maybe get same day or one day PCR results ? If you get such a result quickly enough, do the current rules allow you out of quarantine or is there another step ? I understand immigration is separate from communes' rules.
I am not your doctor, lawyer, accountant, broker, financial professional or other advisor. Consider all my posts entertainment.

Jamers41
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Quarantine requirements for all travel to Chile

Post by Jamers41 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:05 am

jb_chile wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:03 pm
I have read the simple description of the quarantine flying internationally into Santiago as 10 days but (maybe?) if after 7 days you get a negative PCR test, you can get out early. Is there somewhere in Santiago where you can get maybe get same day or one day PCR results ? If you get such a result quickly enough, do the current rules allow you out of quarantine or is there another step ? I understand immigration is separate from communes' rules.
I just had a PCR test done (first time actually) on Monday and it was free and results were provided the next day......not sure how typical that is compared to the average experience.

GAminer
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:05 pm

Re: Quarantine requirements for all travel to Chile

Post by GAminer » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:20 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:05 am
jb_chile wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:03 pm
I have read the simple description of the quarantine flying internationally into Santiago as 10 days but (maybe?) if after 7 days you get a negative PCR test, you can get out early. Is there somewhere in Santiago where you can get maybe get same day or one day PCR results ? If you get such a result quickly enough, do the current rules allow you out of quarantine or is there another step ? I understand immigration is separate from communes' rules.
I just had a PCR test done (first time actually) on Monday and it was free and results were provided the next day......not sure how typical that is compared to the average experience.
In Chile? Could you please PM where you went to get it done.

User avatar
eeuunikkeiexpat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 8402
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Somewhere south of Valpo

Re: Quarantine requirements for all travel to Chile

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:30 pm

Every province (at least San Antonio) has a circulating free PCR test team. Check your local twitter feed and media for location and other details.
Que será, será.

daveuk
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:11 pm

Re: Mandatory quarantine requirements for all travelers to Chile (UPDATE 2, Jan 7th)

Post by daveuk » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:17 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:56 pm

Chile is currently open for tourists, so it should be possible to get in and get a visa on arrival, assuming you meet all the government's requirements (PCR test, Covid-covering travel insurance, 14-day quarantine on arrival). Most nationalities can get up to 90 days on a tourist visa, but that can be renewed once. Each county ("comuna") has different rules on whether or not it's in lockdown at a given time, so you may need to do a lot of planning in order to actually get from Santiago to Patagonia. Also, rules may change without notice, so you should only travel if you're willing/able to stay for longer should things change.
Hi Tiago! Can I just verify this re: open for tourists? I've had real trouble finding anything categorical about this on the Chilean government sites.

I have quite a long story, but here it is as short as possible! Been with my Chilean partner (soon to be wife) for 9 years, lived in Chile for a year together, currently live in Scotland and visit family there each year. This year we were desperate to visit together to be with her family for a couple of months as we were concerned that the situation could get worse again in the cooler months.

The issue is that as UK residents I wouldn't be able to go directly there if I had been in the UK for 14 days before arriving, so after weeks of calling embassies, airlines and googling I've now been in Ecuador for 14 days and will be travelling to Santiago tomorrow +o(

I've done tons of research and also heard from a friend who works within the Chilean government that I'll be ok, but I'd really like to hear from anyone who has travelled into Chile as a tourist or knows of anyone who has! Also, if anyone could point me in the direction of any official Chilean government pages that show non-residents are allowed in I would be eternally grateful (the UK gov page shows that we are, but I'd like to be prepared!)

Thanks everyone, I'm so close to finally getting in and being with family that I'd love the piece of mind to know that I won't have any travel troubles tomorrow!

Dave

PS Nice to meet you all and apologies for such a long first post!!

User avatar
eeuunikkeiexpat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 8402
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Somewhere south of Valpo

Re: Quarantine requirements for all travel to Chile

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:28 pm

Very good info:

https://www.nuevopudahuel.cl/covid-19-en?language=en


Timatic:
Passengers who have been in the past 14 days in the United Kingdom are not allowed to enter.

Passengers must have a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR SARS-CoV-2 test result. The test must have been taken at most 72 hours before departure of the last direct flight to Chile.

This does not apply to passengers younger than 2 years.

Passengers must have a travel insurance with a minimum coverage of USD 30,000 to cover all expenses originated by Coronavirus (COVID-19), e.g., medical treatments, repatriation costs, etc.

An Affidavit for Travellers to Prevent Coronavirus Diseases (COVID-19) (Declaracion Jurada) must be completed at www.c19.cl at most 48 hours before arrival.

Passengers could be subject to Coronavirus (COVID-19) test upon arrival.

Passengers must undergo “Passenger Tracking" for 14 days or until they leave Chile.

Passengers are subject to quarantine.
Que será, será.

daveuk
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:11 pm

Re: Quarantine requirements for all travel to Chile

Post by daveuk » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:53 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:28 pm
Very good info
Thank you so much eeuunikkeiexpat! It's also great to see what comes up on Timatic as well so if there are any issues with Latam I can refer them to that.

I thought all was well but was put into a state of shock a couple of hours ago when I came across the following on serviciosconsulares punto cl.
Frequently asked questions on the ban of entry to non-resident foreign people

1- Who can enter the country during the ban of entry to non-resident foreigners?
A: Chileans and foreigners with regular residence in Chile.

2- While the ban on entry is in force, who cannot enter Chile?
A: Entry will not be permitted to any foreign person, who is not a regular resident of the country.
Fortunately it appears to be out of date, but I did panic when I saw it. I've already had some bad luck with flights due to airlines not understanding Chile's current regulations, so this definitely takes the edge off

Post Reply