Quarantine requirements for all travelers to Chile (UPDATE 2, Jan 7th)

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
41southchile

Re: Mandatory quarantine requirements for all travelers to Chile (UPDATE 2, Jan 7th)

Post by 41southchile » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:16 pm

BOBSYDOW@VERIZON.NET wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:57 pm
I am not a guide, but I do hire them a lot. The lodge owner guides me. And I already get my fill of summer fishing here in the US. If I was a guide, I'd be there all season. It's just my Southern Hemisphere place. Maybe this is the year to finally try New Zealand. But I like Chile.
Hahahaha. You really don’t have a clue do you?
By the way NZ is closed to foreigners, there’s about a 3 month wait even for NZ citizens to get space in the mandatory government/military run quarantine facilities that everyone has to go through for 2 weeks when they get off the plane. Good luck with the fishing
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

BOBSYDOW@VERIZON.NET

Re: Mandatory quarantine requirements for all travelers to Chile (UPDATE 2, Jan 7th)

Post by BOBSYDOW@VERIZON.NET » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:20 pm

We release every single one. The fish might be a little less "educated" about not eating fake bugs.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:32 pm

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:04 pm
It's just painful to reschedule eight people, get time off work, guides, lodge capacity, etc.
I mean, Chile has passed the better part of the last year completely closed off, and even when it opened, it was with a 14-day quarantine for tourists. While rescheduling vacations is certainly a hassle, you should've seen this one coming from miles away.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

BOBSYDOW@VERIZON.NET

Post by BOBSYDOW@VERIZON.NET » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:39 am

?? The 14 day quarantine at arrival in Santiago went away many weeks ago. The new rules have been in effect for ten days. I was supposed to see that from miles away?

If you have anything helpful to say, I am all ears. If you want to ridicule people who have enjoyed visiting your country for 17 straight years, I can't stop you.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:24 am

Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:39 am
I was supposed to see that from miles away?
... By checking at the official government website? It was linked multiple times at this and other threads already.
If you have anything helpful to say, I am all ears.
Don't come to Chile if you can't afford to stay indefinitely. Rules are being updated frequently and with little to no notice. The country is for all practical purposes under martial law, so you might want to skip non-esential travel.
You want to ridicule people who have enjoyed visiting your country for 17 straight years, I can't stop you.
The advice given here seems to apply to your situation. You asked if you could come to Chile and we've explained why that's a very bad idea. People only started to mock you once you started to explain why the rules shouldn't apply to you. That mindset won't make you any friends in Chile or in this forum.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:35 pm

The minister of health, besides placing large parts of southern chile's population under quartine level 1, has also decreed no more than 5 people per household in the entire country. I highly doubt they are planning on making an exception for hotels and lodges.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:12 pm

admin wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:35 pm
The minister of health, besides placing large parts of southern chile's population under quartine level 1, has also decreed no more than 5 people per household in the entire country. I highly doubt they are planning on making an exception for hotels and lodges.
But they bring in a few thousand dollars, surely they will look the other way 🙄

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:21 pm

They may look the other way then charge US $65,000 x 9 = US $585,000 thank you very much...
Que será, será.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:32 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:21 pm
They may look the other way then charge US $65,000 x 9 = US $585,000 thank you very much...
Yup, I was being facetious.
Sorry, but I am kind of losing patience with people who seem to be wanting to carry on like normal after nearly a year of extreme disruption in everyone's lives . To those people and all the people backpacking around in Puerto Varad etc, get with the program, deal with it there are no vacations this year.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:50 pm

No one come to Chile!!!!

That simple.

The hospitals are maxed out right now.

This mornings report from the minister of health: 180 ICU beds available, IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY.

number of new infections this morning, 3,900

In less than 7 days, there will be zero ICU beds available in the country.

If you get a boo boo, you are on your own. You better hope your snoopy band-aid in your first aid kit can handle it.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

BOBSYDOW@VERIZON.NET

Post by BOBSYDOW@VERIZON.NET » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:09 am

Thank you admin, nwdiver, and donnybrook2 for your practical advice in how things are, which is why i looked for this site and came here. I listened to all of it, and I appreciate it, and I will follow your kind advice.

I do read the Chilean government advisories and the US Embassy site every other day or so. I did not read prior posts on this forum. I just found this site the other day and figured people here would know what's going on. I assumed it was OK to ask a question without reading the whole site first, but perhaps that was wrong. I didn't realize it was a membership club.

For some others, it seems that even travel forums now are a place to display hostility and mockery. I hope this will pass with the virus. I'll stay away, as you desire, because of the firm and cordial advice of the people who did not react with disdain from the anonymous safety of their keyboard. There's no need for that attitude. Courtesy works fine.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:35 am

we are looking at basically two seasons of very few people fishing. By next year the trout will be zombie cannibals. you can skip the fly in fly fishing.