Quarantine requirements for all travel to Chile

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
jb_chile

Re: Quarantine requirements for all travel to Chile

Post by jb_chile » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:03 pm

I have read the simple description of the quarantine flying internationally into Santiago as 10 days but (maybe?) if after 7 days you get a negative PCR test, you can get out early. Is there somewhere in Santiago where you can get maybe get same day or one day PCR results ? If you get such a result quickly enough, do the current rules allow you out of quarantine or is there another step ? I understand immigration is separate from communes' rules.
I am not your doctor, lawyer, accountant, broker, financial professional or other advisor. Consider all my posts entertainment.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:05 am

jb_chile wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:03 pm
I have read the simple description of the quarantine flying internationally into Santiago as 10 days but (maybe?) if after 7 days you get a negative PCR test, you can get out early. Is there somewhere in Santiago where you can get maybe get same day or one day PCR results ? If you get such a result quickly enough, do the current rules allow you out of quarantine or is there another step ? I understand immigration is separate from communes' rules.
I just had a PCR test done (first time actually) on Monday and it was free and results were provided the next day......not sure how typical that is compared to the average experience.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:20 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:05 am
jb_chile wrote:
I just had a PCR test done (first time actually) on Monday and it was free and results were provided the next day......not sure how typical that is compared to the average experience.
In Chile? Could you please PM where you went to get it done.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:30 pm

Every province (at least San Antonio) has a circulating free PCR test team. Check your local twitter feed and media for location and other details.
Que será, será.

daveuk

Re: Mandatory quarantine requirements for all travelers to Chile (UPDATE 2, Jan 7th)

Post by daveuk » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:17 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:56 pm

Chile is currently open for tourists, so it should be possible to get in and get a visa on arrival, assuming you meet all the government's requirements (PCR test, Covid-covering travel insurance, 14-day quarantine on arrival). Most nationalities can get up to 90 days on a tourist visa, but that can be renewed once. Each county ("comuna") has different rules on whether or not it's in lockdown at a given time, so you may need to do a lot of planning in order to actually get from Santiago to Patagonia. Also, rules may change without notice, so you should only travel if you're willing/able to stay for longer should things change.
Hi Tiago! Can I just verify this re: open for tourists? I've had real trouble finding anything categorical about this on the Chilean government sites.

I have quite a long story, but here it is as short as possible! Been with my Chilean partner (soon to be wife) for 9 years, lived in Chile for a year together, currently live in Scotland and visit family there each year. This year we were desperate to visit together to be with her family for a couple of months as we were concerned that the situation could get worse again in the cooler months.

The issue is that as UK residents I wouldn't be able to go directly there if I had been in the UK for 14 days before arriving, so after weeks of calling embassies, airlines and googling I've now been in Ecuador for 14 days and will be travelling to Santiago tomorrow +o(

I've done tons of research and also heard from a friend who works within the Chilean government that I'll be ok, but I'd really like to hear from anyone who has travelled into Chile as a tourist or knows of anyone who has! Also, if anyone could point me in the direction of any official Chilean government pages that show non-residents are allowed in I would be eternally grateful (the UK gov page shows that we are, but I'd like to be prepared!)

Thanks everyone, I'm so close to finally getting in and being with family that I'd love the piece of mind to know that I won't have any travel troubles tomorrow!

Dave

PS Nice to meet you all and apologies for such a long first post!!

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:28 pm

Very good info:

https://www.nuevopudahuel.cl/covid-19-en?language=en

Timatic:
Passengers who have been in the past 14 days in the United Kingdom are not allowed to enter.

Passengers must have a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR SARS-CoV-2 test result. The test must have been taken at most 72 hours before departure of the last direct flight to Chile.

This does not apply to passengers younger than 2 years.

Passengers must have a travel insurance with a minimum coverage of USD 30,000 to cover all expenses originated by Coronavirus (COVID-19), e.g., medical treatments, repatriation costs, etc.

An Affidavit for Travellers to Prevent Coronavirus Diseases (COVID-19) (Declaracion Jurada) must be completed at www.c19.cl at most 48 hours before arrival.

Passengers could be subject to Coronavirus (COVID-19) test upon arrival.

Passengers must undergo “Passenger Tracking" for 14 days or until they leave Chile.

Passengers are subject to quarantine.
Que será, será.

daveuk

Post by daveuk » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:53 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:28 pm
Very good info
Thank you so much eeuunikkeiexpat! It's also great to see what comes up on Timatic as well so if there are any issues with Latam I can refer them to that.

I thought all was well but was put into a state of shock a couple of hours ago when I came across the following on serviciosconsulares punto cl.
Frequently asked questions on the ban of entry to non-resident foreign people

1- Who can enter the country during the ban of entry to non-resident foreigners?
A: Chileans and foreigners with regular residence in Chile.

2- While the ban on entry is in force, who cannot enter Chile?
A: Entry will not be permitted to any foreign person, who is not a regular resident of the country.
Fortunately it appears to be out of date, but I did panic when I saw it. I've already had some bad luck with flights due to airlines not understanding Chile's current regulations, so this definitely takes the edge off

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:41 am

GAminer wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:20 pm
Jamers41 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:05 am
jb_chile wrote:
In Chile? Could you please PM where you went to get it done.
At the nearest 'consultorio' here in Puente Alto......that particular one is called San Alberto Hurtado. It belongs to "La Católica's" (the private university's) network of healthcare centers.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:43 am

daveuk wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:53 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:28 pm
Very good info
Thank you so much eeuunikkeiexpat! It's also great to see what comes up on Timatic as well so if there are any issues with Latam I can refer them to that.

I thought all was well but was put into a state of shock a couple of hours ago when I came across the following on serviciosconsulares punto cl.
Frequently asked questions on the ban of entry to non-resident foreign people

1- Who can enter the country during the ban of entry to non-resident foreigners?
A: Chileans and foreigners with regular residence in Chile.

2- While the ban on entry is in force, who cannot enter Chile?
A: Entry will not be permitted to any foreign person, who is not a regular resident of the country.
Fortunately it appears to be out of date, but I did panic when I saw it. I've already had some bad luck with flights due to airlines not understanding Chile's current regulations, so this definitely takes the edge off
I have not heard of any changes since late December so as far as I know they are allowing non-resident foreigners to enter.......but the requirements are pretty strict, and the Covid test is something that normally requires preparation and can't be done on the fly or last minute.

daveuk

Post by daveuk » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:21 am

Jamers41 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:43 am

I have not heard of any changes since late December so as far as I know they are allowing non-resident foreigners to enter.......but the requirements are pretty strict, and the Covid test is something that normally requires preparation and can't be done on the fly or last minute.
Arrived in Chile yesterday and everything worked out! Luckily I had everything needed (and had a clear idea of the requirements) as Latam alone checked everything twice. Once you get to SCL all your paperwork is verified again at a health checkpoint. Quite slow at first but after being static in a pretty long queue for 35 minutes things started to move much quicker.

Basically, for any non-resident that's deterred by the 14 day UK rule - as long as you can spend the 14 days outside of the UK before arriving there's no problem at all. Just be 400% sure you have all the required paperwork *and the PCR* along with international health/travel insurance with a printout that clearly shows that it covers covid. Also print outs of previous flight booking info to give evidence of the 14 days.

Thanks for all the info yesterday, really glad I found this forum!

susiedillon

Post by susiedillon » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:59 am

Welcome to Chile, Dave! Doing some homework and a positive attitude ... you’ll do well here. Enjoy!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:59 pm

chile will start new restrictions for anyone that has been in Brazil in the last 14 days.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... arias.html

people arriving that have been in brazil, will be transported to a sanitary residence where they must wait for a PCR test. If they are negative they will be allowed to complete quarantine at their destination. positive, they must stay in the sanitary residence and finish their quarantine.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.