Chilean border's to open to tourist, none-residents

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
frozen-north

Re: Chilean border's to open to tourist, none-residents

Post by frozen-north » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:24 pm

susiedillon wrote:
So .....In Canada we had submitted our Sworn Affidavit forms (found at www.c19.cl and which asks for details of the PCR test and results) 48 hours before our estimated arrival in Chile.
Arrival? But the page you provided earlier says 'Before you leave'?
Presentar Test PCR negativo tomado hasta 72 horas antes de embarcar.

https://chile.gob.cl/chile/recomendacio ... -noviembre
And the problem you had of getting a test on time has been solved for other Canadians, unfortunately too late for you.
Friday, November 27, 2020 4

Air Canada has joined forces with Shoppers Drug Mart to offer flyers a pre-departure RT-PCR test — which detects whether a person tests positive for COVID-19 — that is needed for international travel.
Starting Dec. 7, eligible Air Canada flyers can book and buy a COVID-19 test at most Shoppers Drug Mart locations in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... d-pcr-test

Air Canada, Shoppers Drug Mart offering pre-flight rapid COVID-19 tests for international passengers

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/air-canada-sh ... -1.5207791

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:21 pm

I would highly caution against using those "home tests" that the airlines are pushing. sooner or later someone. is going to have a rude awaking when they reject it.

The regulation says a qualified lab.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

susiedillon

Post by susiedillon » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:33 pm

Frozen North, my bad, you are correct! The c19.cl form should be submitted 48 hours before departure.

And your news about the availability of PCR tests for travellers through specified pharmacies is very good news indeed. This will save a lot of people a lot of hassle. Just as we had our second set of tests on Tuesday courtesy of OHIP before we left, our <SPAM WORD> received notification that the government would no longer cover tests for travel purposes. We slipped in under the gun. The cutback should not be a surprise really.

susiedillon

Post by susiedillon » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:34 pm

What is spammy about the word “pharmacist”?

chesswolf

Post by chesswolf » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:03 pm

susiedillon wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:35 pm
As an ironic post script, at some stage during all of this A did not communicate with B, and we still receive a daily email from the Health people as if we were in quarantine, a form requesting information on our daily health status. I dutifully fill them out and return them. Its a lot simpler than trying to explain that we are not in quarantine! Small price ..... Estamos en Chile .... gracias a dios! Hope this helps others - or at least until the rules change - and if there are any other questions, PM me, and I will try my best to answer.
I could be wrong, but I think everyone has to do that, whether they are supposed to quarantine or not. They're acknowledging that just because you have a negative PCR from 72 hours ago doesn't mean you didn't pick it up within the last week or so, so they're trying to keep track of everyone's symptoms if you recently travelled internationally.

susiedillon

Post by susiedillon » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:45 pm

Thanks, Mr.Wolf. That must be why.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:39 am

susiedillon wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:34 pm
What is spammy about the word “pharmacist”?
It typically comes with people / bots promoting little blue pills from china. :mrgreen:

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:41 am

chesswolf wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:03 pm
susiedillon wrote:
As an ironic post script, at some stage during all of this A did not communicate with B, and we still receive a daily email from the Health people as if we were in quarantine, a form requesting information on our daily health status. I dutifully fill them out and return them. Its a lot simpler than trying to explain that we are not in quarantine! Small price ..... Estamos en Chile .... gracias a dios! Hope this helps others - or at least until the rules change - and if there are any other questions, PM me, and I will try my best to answer.
I could be wrong, but I think everyone has to do that, whether they are supposed to quarantine or not. They're acknowledging that just because you have a negative PCR from 72 hours ago doesn't mean you didn't pick it up within the last week or so, so they're trying to keep track of everyone's symptoms if you recently travelled internationally.
also contact tracing. If say one of the passengers on a plane comes up positive, they got yo be able to find you.

lost gringo

Post by lost gringo » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:42 am

Has anyone here flown recently from southern regions to Santiago?
I'm a permanent resident. I need to fly from Puerto Montt (PMC) to the U.S. for an emergency situation.
The requirements to return I understand but does anyone know what the current requirements are to fly PMC to SCL to connect with a flight to the U.S.?

I assume it's possible because Latam is currently selling that flight but the requirements to travel between regions keeps changing so I am unsure.

Is permission to travel between regions needed if I am not leaving the airport, only connecting to an international flight? Is a PCR test needed for the PMC to SCL flight? anything else I should know?
Thanks for any help.
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
allegedly said by Mark Twain

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:34 am

susiedillon wrote:
OK, so I promised a report on how our re-entry into Chile went this time around!
Remember, we are both Permanent Residents and the following only applies to P.R in good standing.

So .....In Canada we had submitted our Sworn Affidavit forms (found at www.c19.cl and which asks for details of the PCR test and results) 48 hours before our estimated arrival in Chile. We knew that this test would be date-expired by the time we reached SCL. But we had decided to do it to satisfy any awkward questions from the airline at check in. We immediately received a response from our Affidavit submission telling us we would have to quarantine for 14 days. Clearly the system had recognized that the timing between taking the PCR test and our arrival exceeded the maximum of 72 hours. Luckily at check in, our Air Canada agent did her homework and found the rules vis-a-vis Residents vs. Tourists. We were allowed to board. At our next stopover, the agent was slightly less knowledgeable and it was lucky that we had printed out all the corresponding rules from the websites that I mentioned in a previous post. And again after she read a couple of pages (!!!), we were allowed to board. We were still desperately hoping that we would receive the results of our second and more recent PCR test that ‘might’ allow us to enter Chile without having to quarantine. The last opportunity for us to receive the results was during our final layover in a transit lounge in GRU. And as we boarded for the final leg of our trip, we received the results just as we were starting to pull away from the gate! Especially good timing, as we had read that PCR test results received after landing in Chile would NOT be accepted. We also had not been able to ascertain whether electronic PCR test results would be accepted. All of our tests were carried out by the same pharmacist and processed by the same laboratory, which may have helped - the format and wording was exactly the same in both the hard copy of the first tests and the digital copy of the second tests.

After landing in SCL, the first ‘desk’ that you must go after clearing immigration to is the Health authorities, there they checked the letter ( which I believe was the so-called Health Passport) that we had received in Canada from them saying that we would be required to quarantine. When we showed them the digital results of our second PCR test - negative- on our ipads, there was a bit of confusion, but a superior officer came over to the desk and declared the results acceptable. Again, I think we may have been lucky that someone actually took the initiative to ask for help from the boss. Doesn’t always happen! We were then sent to a further desk, where a new digital health passport was issued in accordance with our latest PCR negative test, allowing us to enter without need for quarantine. And then we were sent on our way! Yay! This was late Friday afternoon (11 Dec) and we were told that we could proceed to our home in Maule, no restrictions! So we and a million Santiaguinos crawled out of the capital to make our escape before the weekend curfew. This was OUR experience - no-one at the airport was interested in any other paperwork, simply our health passport. We abided by the minute to the timings required for submission of the affidavit. The arrival of the second PCR tests by email in GRU just squeaked us in within the limits. It helped that all the personnel that we dealt with tried their best to help us. All in all, we were fortunate ...but we were also well prepared.

Congratulations and welcome back by the way.

susiedillon

Post by susiedillon » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:50 pm

Thank you! Nice welcome back, Jamers41.

susiedillon

Post by susiedillon » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:59 pm

BTW. We are still submitting our daily health reports via email, and so far no-one has actually come here to check up on us ... though on the C19.cl form (travellers sworn affidavit) we had inadvertently provided phone numbers that were incorrect. And there is no way to correct them so far as I can tell. Thankfully we will be freed from the form-filling requirement on Christmas Day ...wheee! A(nother) reason to celebrate!