Chilean border's to open to tourist, none-residents

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Chilean border's to open to tourist, none-residents

Post by admin » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:30 pm

susiedillon wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:59 pm
BTW. We are still submitting our daily health reports via email, and so far no-one has actually come here to check up on us ... though on the C19.cl form (travellers sworn affidavit) we had inadvertently provided phone numbers that were incorrect. And there is no way to correct them so far as I can tell. Thankfully we will be freed from the form-filling requirement on Christmas Day ...wheee! A(nother) reason to celebrate!
yea, a negative PCR on arrival is not get out of jail free card. more like less beucracy. you are still monitored for 14 days.

there was a story in the states today of a guy dying of covid on the plane. they made an emergency landing to deal with it. his whole family had disney world baggage. they did not figure out it was possibly covid related until after the flight had continued on to its destination. how many flights to how many destinations did those passengers continue on to?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:31 am

Chile has closed boarders to the U.K.

more info on this thread,
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=17645

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

DLPurser

Post by DLPurser » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:58 am

Well, I made it back to Chile. Got all my ducks in a row and left Ft Myers on the 18th. The counter staff asked only to see my negative covid test. The connection in Atlanta was a little more chaotic and I needed to produce my affidavit and proof of insurance as well. I think there was some initial confusion as the gate staff was requiring the same documentation for ALL passengers without regard to nationality. This was eventually sorted with the flight departing a little behind schedule.
My wife had driven to Santiago the previous evening where she stayed with family. I had no issues with my arrival at the Santiago airport and we then returned to her sister’s house and stayed for lunch. We left around 4pm for the drive to Chillan. Although I saw a few checkpoints, we were never stopped until reaching the outskirts of Chillan. We only produced my passport and entry visa from the PDI at the airport and this was sufficient for the officer who quickly let us pass. I believe both Chillan and Santiago are currently in phase 2 and was initially a little concerned about traveling between the 2.
I have been receiving an email every day asking about any symptoms I may have and whether or not I have sought any medical attention or obtained a covid test since my arrival. This has been my experience so far and your mileage may vary.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:03 am

With the U.K. travel.ban, this a good time to repeat the obvious:

All these rules are subject to change at any moment.

DO NOT COME TO CHILE, IF YOU CAN NOT STAY INDEFINITELY!!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:03 pm

Chile is possibly closing the boarder again, see this new thread for more information:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=17654

such_cuidadano

Post by such_cuidadano » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:01 am

admin wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:19 pm
on a related note, for residents, temporary residents, and other's we have had lots of people come in recently (like today). There was no issues with simply presenting a PCR test that was under 72 hours on arrival.
If I have a visa temporary in process paper, which category I fall into - resident or non-resident? I just want to know if I need to buy tourist insurance.