Quarentines and fines

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 21853
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by admin » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:56 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:25 pm
Nothing like taking advantage of the Chilean need to tattle to enforce what is largely conventionally unenforceable ...


Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 6.09.00 PM.jpg
There is a suprisingly simple and legal work around for that; but, I thought it better not to publish it.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 21853
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by admin » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:30 pm

so seems that next week chile will start implementing an ID system for people that have been infected and recovered and confirmed by test to be free of the virus. those certified will be free of all the quarantine restrictions.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... virus.html

they are also talking about extending this to include those that were infected, not previously tested or identified, once the antibody test is implemented. believe they were buying anti-body tests from korea last I heard.

still lot more details needed on this.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

mem
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 868
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by mem » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:53 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:30 pm
so seems that next week chile will start implementing an ID system for people that have been infected and recovered and confirmed by test to be free of the virus. those certified will be free of all the quarantine restrictions.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... virus.html

they are also talking about extending this to include those that were infected, not previously tested or identified, once the antibody test is implemented. believe they were buying anti-body tests from korea last I heard.

still lot more details needed on this.
Uh this is insane. There is zero proof of "immunity" in people that have had it and "recovered". In fact on the contrary people that were recovered and released are testing positive again.

I dont get how people can think there is ever any immunity to this. Again this is not cholera, typhoid, or polio.

There is a reason that there is no "immunity" from common colds and even annual influenza.

Huge mistake to trust in this immunity hopium

https://www.foxnews.com/world/coronavir ... e-covid-19

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 21853
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by admin » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:21 pm

mem wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:53 pm
admin wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:30 pm
so seems that next week chile will start implementing an ID system for people that have been infected and recovered and confirmed by test to be free of the virus. those certified will be free of all the quarantine restrictions.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... virus.html

they are also talking about extending this to include those that were infected, not previously tested or identified, once the antibody test is implemented. believe they were buying anti-body tests from korea last I heard.

still lot more details needed on this.
Uh this is insane. There is zero proof of "immunity" in people that have had it and "recovered". In fact on the contrary people that were recovered and released are testing positive again.

I dont get how people can think there is ever any immunity to this. Again this is not cholera, typhoid, or polio.

There is a reason that there is no "immunity" from common colds and even annual influenza.

Huge mistake to trust in this immunity hopium

https://www.foxnews.com/world/coronavir ... e-covid-19
toss them out in the wild, and see if they get sick again.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 21853
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by admin » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:16 pm

so, seems an overwhelming number of morons are trying to go on vacation to the beach and other tourist destinations for the Easter weekend; and the government really did not think this one through. it should have been a nationwide curfew.

frutillar had a traffic jam at the entrance as a pile of idiots tried to come to the beach for the weekend; even though the regional governor ordered all beaches closed this weekend and there are sanitary barriers in place.

I really would not be surprised to see some sort of total lockdown this weekend; but, afraid it is too late.

that projected peek for one to two weeks from now just became a self-fullfiling prophecy.

also seems Argentina is dealing with the same problem.

Easter is going to throw gas on the latin American pandemic.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
FrankPintor
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1361
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:53 pm
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by FrankPintor » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:39 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:16 pm
also seems Argentina is dealing with the same problem.

Easter is going to throw gas on the latin American pandemic.
We had a dry run for this at the long weekend of March 21-24, the national quarantine was announced for the 20th, and a bunch of people made a dash for the Atlantic coast.. the president said anyone who leaves Buenos Aires isn't coming back, I don't know exactly how that worked out, but I see that up to now 2600 cars are sequestered for breaking the quarantine, I doubt if there will be many brave people trying it on this time.
Caracas es Caracas. Lo demás es monte y culebra!

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 21853
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by admin » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:42 pm

FrankPintor wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:39 pm
admin wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:16 pm
also seems Argentina is dealing with the same problem.

Easter is going to throw gas on the latin American pandemic.
We had a dry run for this at the long weekend of March 21-24, the national quarantine was announced for the 20th, and a bunch of people made a dash for the Atlantic coast.. the president said anyone who leaves Buenos Aires isn't coming back, I don't know exactly how that worked out, but I see that up to now 2600 cars are sequestered for breaking the quarantine, I doubt if there will be many brave people trying it on this time.
sure seems a few are trying

https://www.perfil.com/amp/noticias/act ... bles.phtml
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

ghibli
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:18 pm

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by ghibli » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:34 pm

My measure of how many Santiago yuppies are arriving at the coast is: how many rude aggressive drivers there are. how many packs of dogs are loose in the streets (leash law here but many of the yuppies are not going to comply) long lines in the groceries stores. So, according to my measurements - an increase, but not as horrible as february.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 21853
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by admin » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:06 pm

yea, sanitary barriers my ass.

drove out the frutillar route 5 exit at 8:30 tonight.

yea, there were markers and a tent setup at the entrance, but no one around.

I guess the virus is like the city workers, it does not work after 5 p.m.

probably going to make it home on the backroad, and not see anyone either coming in the other entrance to town.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 21853
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by admin » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:17 pm

mem wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:53 pm
admin wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:30 pm
so seems that next week chile will start implementing an ID system for people that have been infected and recovered and confirmed by test to be free of the virus. those certified will be free of all the quarantine restrictions.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... virus.html

they are also talking about extending this to include those that were infected, not previously tested or identified, once the antibody test is implemented. believe they were buying anti-body tests from korea last I heard.

still lot more details needed on this.
Uh this is insane. There is zero proof of "immunity" in people that have had it and "recovered". In fact on the contrary people that were recovered and released are testing positive again.

I dont get how people can think there is ever any immunity to this. Again this is not cholera, typhoid, or polio.

There is a reason that there is no "immunity" from common colds and even annual influenza.

Huge mistake to trust in this immunity hopium

https://www.foxnews.com/world/coronavir ... e-covid-19
you are not the only one that thinks it is a stupid idea, at least the way they are going about it.

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... rtos.shtml
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
eeuunikkeiexpat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 8165
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:21 pm

DGAC has closed the airspace over the 5th Region after reports that real cuicos were defying Santiago RM quarantine using helicopters to go to their second homes on the coast.

For those who want to come by auto to the provincia de San Antonio, there are REAL controls, 16 of them (Carabineros, military, Salud, local authorities) and then citizen action that erupted last night preventing entry into Santo Domingo and onwards (Rapel) to the south and Llolleo/San Antonio and onwards to the north:

https://twitter.com/RodrigoOgalde/statu ... 5898858501
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

mem
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 868
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by mem » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:45 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:21 pm
DGAC has closed the airspace over the 5th Region after reports that real cuicos were defying Santiago RM quarantine using helicopters to go to their second homes on the coast.

For those who want to come by auto to the provincia de San Antonio, there are REAL controls, 16 of them (Carabineros, military, Salud, local authorities) and then citizen action that erupted last night preventing entry into Santo Domingo and onwards (Rapel) to the south and Llolleo/San Antonio and onwards to the north:

https://twitter.com/RodrigoOgalde/statu ... 5898858501
people are taking helicopters down to their vacation homes in the rural south IX
I'm used to seeing helicopters here during high season, but this time of year it's way more than usual.
I was trying to figure out how they are getting away with that.

Post Reply