Quarentines and fines

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 22273
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by admin » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:20 pm

It took one idiot with covid to break quarantine for the mall alto los condes to be closed.

https://www.latercera.com/nacional/noti ... GWMN3WITE/
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 22273
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by admin » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:44 pm

I have not tested it, but a passport should work for obtaining permission to go out during the quarantine zones via the website.


again, always carry identification (with or without a quarantine).
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 22273
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by admin » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:48 am

If the fines don't get some people's attention, how about a few bullets.

The military shot a guy who tried to evade a checkpoint early this morning in Arica.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... ue-de.html

This is not your warm fuzzy hippy dipshit social revultion crap. The military is serious about this.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
tiagoabner
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1154
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:48 am
Location: Concón

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:22 pm

Comisaria Virtual's website isn't coping well with the increased demand for permits after the government announced the new requirement to use masks in public transportation. I've been trying to get the permit for 30 minutes now.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 22273
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by admin » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:15 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:22 pm
Comisaria Virtual's website isn't coping well with the increased demand for permits after the government announced the new requirement to use masks in public transportation. I've been trying to get the permit for 30 minutes now.
why would the mask requirements effect that web site?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
tiagoabner
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1154
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:48 am
Location: Concón

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:25 pm

admin wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:15 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:22 pm
Comisaria Virtual's website isn't coping well with the increased demand for permits after the government announced the new requirement to use masks in public transportation. I've been trying to get the permit for 30 minutes now.
why would the mask requirements effect that web site?
Higher demand, from people wanting to go out to buy?
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 22273
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by admin » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:53 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:25 pm
admin wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:15 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:22 pm
Comisaria Virtual's website isn't coping well with the increased demand for permits after the government announced the new requirement to use masks in public transportation. I've been trying to get the permit for 30 minutes now.
why would the mask requirements effect that web site?
Higher demand, from people wanting to go out to buy?
Guess that is a big deal if you got to be to work in the morning.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Jamers41
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by Jamers41 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:24 pm

admin wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:53 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:25 pm
admin wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:15 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:22 pm
Comisaria Virtual's website isn't coping well with the increased demand for permits after the government announced the new requirement to use masks in public transportation. I've been trying to get the permit for 30 minutes now.
why would the mask requirements effect that web site?
Higher demand, from people wanting to go out to buy?
Guess that is a big deal if you got to be to work in the morning.
Hmmm.......we bought ours online. There's still too many people who cannot make online purchases or are not comfortable with them I suppose.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 22273
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by admin » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:52 pm

so we are suppose to have "sanitary barriers" in both frutillar and llanquiheu now.

well, I drove my mother in law to dialysis in puerto varas tonight (that is a whole other story).

I decided, due to none of the girls on route 5 at the toll booths were wearing masks or gloves last time, never mind I do not want a bunch of dirty change back that was in the other side of the country this morning, I would avoid the highway. With her in the car, with all her conditions, my objective was to avoid all human contact. I don't care if they are prepped for a moon walk, no contact.

well I managed to make it on the backroads to puerto varas and back, passing in to and out of three towns, and never be stopped for a sanitary check. so, if I was under a quarantine order, it would be extremely easy to avoid being stopped, if you knew the area a little bit.

The only checkpoint I seen was stopping cars going in to llanquie (i was headed out) from the highway, and it was pure security theater.

Three guys in head to foot suits, gloves, masks. one guy walking around the cars spraying who know what sort of highly toxic shit on the cars. you know cars that were just traveling 120 km an hour in full daylight. I doubt there are a whole lot of live viruses on them of any real concern.

how many millions of dollars are being pissed in to the wind with that political dog and pony show?

yet, somehow, the toll booths can pass dirty change from driver to driver all day, everyday, all over the country.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
eeuunikkeiexpat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 8234
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:25 pm

Nothing like taking advantage of the Chilean need to tattle to enforce what is largely conventionally unenforceable ...

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 6.09.00 PM.jpg
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

mem
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 880
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by mem » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:40 pm

admin wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:52 pm
so we are suppose to have "sanitary barriers" in both frutillar and llanquiheu now.

well, I drove my mother in law to dialysis in puerto varas tonight (that is a whole other story).

I decided, due to none of the girls on route 5 at the toll booths were wearing masks or gloves last time, never mind I do not want a bunch of dirty change back that was in the other side of the country this morning, I would avoid the highway. With her in the car, with all her conditions, my objective was to avoid all human contact. I don't care if they are prepped for a moon walk, no contact.

well I managed to make it on the backroads to puerto varas and back, passing in to and out of three towns, and never be stopped for a sanitary check. so, if I was under a quarantine order, it would be extremely easy to avoid being stopped, if you knew the area a little bit.

The only checkpoint I seen was stopping cars going in to llanquie (i was headed out) from the highway, and it was pure security theater.

Three guys in head to foot suits, gloves, masks. one guy walking around the cars spraying who know what sort of highly toxic shit on the cars. you know cars that were just traveling 120 km an hour in full daylight. I doubt there are a whole lot of live viruses on them of any real concern.

how many millions of dollars are being pissed in to the wind with that political dog and pony show?

yet, somehow, the toll booths can pass dirty change from driver to driver all day, everyday, all over the country.
I was hoping the Government would "help the average chileno" by just announcing "no more tolls for now". Avoid all that contact and help everyone same some money. no red tape, no complex rules. Just open the toll gw's nationwide, for free, until further notice.

nikotromus
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:12 am
Location: Lolol Chile
Contact:

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by nikotromus » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:50 pm

I think all the sheltering in place is starting to get to affect your mind. Suspend the tolls in Chile? You sound insane.

The world could suffer a thermonuclear war and the Chileans would still be collecting their road tolls and parking fees. ;-)

Post Reply