Quarentines and fines

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Quarentines and fines

Post by admin » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:55 pm

worth a double post.

so I was driving from frutillar to llanquiheu this evening on the back road.

right exactly where the county line is, there was a carbinareios parked with a checkpoint. they were just sitting in their car, with a cone in the middle of the road.

I have been driving that road for over 10 years, sometimes 10 times a day, and I have never ever seen the police. not one. let alone a check point.

My bet, they are gearing up to shutdown the regions / towns.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:57 pm

oh, carry your ID at all times. They will detain people for not having an ID.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:57 pm

Here we go.

quarantine goes in to effect in Santiago in a few minutes.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:16 am

Temuco and padres de las casa (just outside temuco), quarantine announced.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:29 pm

There are lots of delivery drivers working around Las Condes. If you need to go out, you are expected to request a permit through this website:

https://comisariavirtual.cl/

They have recently added an option to get a permit if you are a foreigner (presumably using your passport number), so there's really no reason to risk a $50k fine if you are in a quarantined area.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:40 pm

Good info, I just passed that data to the TripAdvisor Chile forum.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:15 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:29 pm
There are lots of delivery drivers working around Las Condes. If you need to go out, you are expected to request a permit through this website:

They have recently added an option to get a permit if you are a foreigner (presumably using your passport number), so there's really no reason to risk a $50k fine if you are in a quarantined area.
Are restaurants doing delivery as well or is it just the super markets?

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:32 pm

GAminer wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:15 pm
tiagoabner wrote:

Restaurants are doing deliveries as well. There are lots of them that are closed due to staffing issues, though.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:50 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:32 pm
GAminer wrote:
tiagoabner wrote:

Restaurants are doing deliveries as well. There are lots of them that are closed due to staffing issues, though.
I was trying to schedule a grocery delivery through the lider website for when I get back next Wednesday, but there was nothing in stock or available dates for delivery. Jumbo had dates starting April 8, so at least with the restaurants operating I can have something to hold me over for a week.

I assume I cannot request a permiso to get groceries while I am under the mandatory 14 day quarantine.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:51 pm

GAminer wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:50 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
GAminer wrote:
tiagoabner wrote:

I was trying to schedule a grocery delivery through the lider website for when I get back next Wednesday, but there was nothing in stock or available dates for delivery. Jumbo had dates starting April 8, so at least with the restaurants operating I can have something to hold me over for a week.

I assume I cannot request a permiso to get groceries while I am under the mandatory 14 day quarantine.
I don't believe so, but it should be possible to schedule the delivery through one of the food delivery apps, such as Rappi, Pedidos Ya or Cornershop. I have just checked on Rappi and they have delivery slots available for Jumbo Kennedy in Las Condes (the one closest to me) for tomorrow. They also allow you to place orders up to April 9, so in theory, you should be able to go in there and place an order right now if you need it delivered on April 1st.

I would place it with a delivery time of 2-3 hours after when you expect to be home if you were traveling during normal times to account for delays. That way you can be home in order to talk to the shopper through the app if they need to make changes to your order due to items being out of stock (you can ask them to replace items automatically, but 9 out of 10 times they will message anyway). We are living unusual times, but it should be possible for you to get your delivery with little to no trouble.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:08 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:51 pm
GAminer wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:50 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
GAminer wrote:
tiagoabner wrote:

I don't believe so, but it should be possible to schedule the delivery through one of the food delivery apps, such as Rappi, Pedidos Ya or Cornershop. I have just checked on Rappi and they have delivery slots available for Jumbo Kennedy in Las Condes (the one closest to me) for tomorrow. They also allow you to place orders up to April 9, so in theory, you should be able to go in there and place an order right now if you need it delivered on April 1st.

I would place it with a delivery time of 2-3 hours after when you expect to be home if you were traveling during normal times to account for delays. That way you can be home in order to talk to the shopper through the app if they need to make changes to your order due to items being out of stock (you can ask them to replace items automatically, but 9 out of 10 times they will message anyway). We are living unusual times, but it should be possible for you to get your delivery with little to no trouble.
Cool. So should i place the order a few days ahead of time to be delivered a couple hours to get back? I am not too experienced with rappi.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:20 pm

64 cases being referred to the prosecutors office related to violations related to the health crisis.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... covid.html

They range from people not completing their mandatory 14 day quarantine to assholes selling fake hand sanitizer to government officials disclosing private patient information (think that is a message to Barbie in Maipu to keep her mouth shut).