coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
admin
Site Admin

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by admin » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:20 pm

yea, this is literally what has been keeping me up at night lately.
20201119_181933.jpg
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:22 pm

lot of those twin otters overhead these days.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:35 pm

just had another one do a fly by.

I think puerto varas is most definitely gping to get the full lockdown. They typically move in military personnel about a week or two before going to phase 1, enter phase 2 for a week.

papageno

Post by papageno » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:13 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:35 pm
just had another one do a fly by.

I think puerto varas is most definitely gping to get the full lockdown. They typically move in military personnel about a week or two before going to phase 1, enter phase 2 for a week.
They're here. Army trucks on the Costanera yesterday. But the place has been jammed with people, so no surprise.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:14 pm

Those planes have been sporadically buzzing over for weeks/months, yeah the twin otters today, but also a jet circling too, flying over roughly ever 20 minutes for an hour or so this evening, I tell myself they are just practice flights , just training the pilots .
🤔🤪
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:24 am

so, Capital Economics seems to believe chile is the only country in latin america that is in a position to do large scale vaccinations in 2021.

Chile prepurchased 10 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine, but almost more important Chile has the existing vaccine infrastructure to handle deploying a 2 shot, -100 degree vaccine. Chile has been doing large scale vaccine programs for 40+ years.

whatever else chile might get wrong or right with public health care, the vaccine program has been one of the best in the world eliminating dieses that are still endemic to the nieghbors and most of the world.

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/eco ... 2021.shtml

Huelshoff

Post by Huelshoff » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:13 am

Well that is some good news!

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:03 am

admin wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:24 am
so, Capital Economics seems to believe chile is the only country in latin america that is in a position to do large scale vaccinations in 2021.

Chile prepurchased 10 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine, but almost more important Chile has the existing vaccine infrastructure to handle deploying a 2 shot, -100 degree vaccine. Chile has been doing large scale vaccine programs for 40+ years.

whatever else chile might get wrong or right with public health care, the vaccine program has been one of the best in the world eliminating dieses that are still endemic to the nieghbors and most of the world.

Exactly, that's what makes the whole throwing the baby out with the bath water changing the constitution option so pointless.
The already useful/well functioning bits of society could have easily been improved on, but I guess perception was reality for many in the country who felt they had been screwed over. Nevermind the fact they are multiple times better off than their parents and grandparents generation, which can't easily be said for many other countries in the neighborhood.
Ah well, what's done is done, now they have made their bed they have to sleep in it, and no crying when(if) things turn to shit and get hijacked by the state and populists.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

ghibli

Post by ghibli » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:31 am

a couple of points re the vaccines... truly the Pfizer effort looks scary. Not even tested on animals and an entirely new approach which is now all of three months old? No thanks. Add to that the fact that the us .gov has given all these pharma f's complete immunity from any liability and I'm out.

Re chile and vacinations: When I was bitten by the street dog in Valpo the chile .gov paid for the five injections. I was told that chile is so determined to eliminate rabies (and other diseases) that the vaccination is provided free. I did have to pay for the wound repair plus antibiotics, but anyway, thank you chile!

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:35 am

"It has been said that Chile is the worst country in Latin America, except for all others."
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

papageno

Post by papageno » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:27 pm

ghibli wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:31 am
a couple of points re the vaccines... truly the Pfizer effort looks scary. Not even tested on animals and an entirely new approach which is now all of three months old? No thanks. Add to that the fact that the us .gov has given all these pharma f's complete immunity from any liability and I'm out.

Re chile and vacinations: When I was bitten by the street dog in Valpo the chile .gov paid for the five injections. I was told that chile is so determined to eliminate rabies (and other diseases) that the vaccination is provided free. I did have to pay for the wound repair plus antibiotics, but anyway, thank you chile!
Dog bites; yeah that was my experience too. :roll:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:13 pm

41southchile wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:03 am
admin wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:24 am

Exactly, that's what makes the whole throwing the baby out with the bath water changing the constitution option so pointless.
The already useful/well functioning bits of society could have easily been improved on, but I guess perception was reality for many in the country who felt they had been screwed over. Nevermind the fact they are multiple times better off than their parents and grandparents generation, which can't easily be said for many other countries in the neighborhood.
Ah well, what's done is done, now they have made their bed they have to sleep in it, and no crying when(if) things turn to shit and get hijacked by the state and populists.
Yea, would not want to point out to them that they are alive at all. Their heads would explode.

What is the child mortality rate among the neighbors?