coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
41southchile

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by 41southchile » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:36 am

Yeah a big Air Force boeing 767 or similar has come in low and slow last three days into Puerto Montt in the late afternoon.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:35 pm

Hey let's open up Mr Mayor of Puerto Montt, yeah good idea.
"el sistema de atención de urgencias y el flujo de ambulancias está colapsado".
8 months in......guess its not unique to Puerto Montt
https://www.soychile.cl/Puerto-Montt/So ... Montt.aspx

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:05 pm

dmwbmw2

Post by dmwbmw2 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:32 pm

I live in Concepcion in a rented apartment, working, stuck here since January.

I own an apt in Providencia which is still on the books as my principal residence even though my license now has Concepcion.

I have a lot of business and financial tramites and personal things that I must do in Santiago by year end.

As Conce is Phase 2 and may not move any time soon, at least not in the right direction, and Provi moving from Phase 3 to 4 this week, is there a legal way for me to drive to Providencia around Dec 20 and back to Conce Dec 27 or do I have to leave at 2 am on my BMW motorcycle with a blackout switch wired to the taillights?

alextrombone

Post by alextrombone » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:07 am

dmwbmw2 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:32 pm
I live in Concepcion in a rented apartment, working, stuck here since January.

I own an apt in Providencia which is still on the books as my principal residence even though my license now has Concepcion.

I have a lot of business and financial tramites and personal things that I must do in Santiago by year end.

As Conce is Phase 2 and may not move any time soon, at least not in the right direction, and Provi moving from Phase 3 to 4 this week, is there a legal way for me to drive to Providencia around Dec 20 and back to Conce Dec 27 or do I have to leave at 2 am on my BMW motorcycle with a blackout switch wired to the taillights?
Legal? Probably technically not. But, judging by what I’ve seen, it seems pretty easy to get a permission or salvoconducto to travel between regions. I know someone who travelled between Osorno and Valdivia (both in phase 1) and they were able to obtain a permission because they “were bringing medicine to an elderly relative”. As an immigrant, I’m not so prepared to brazenly lie like that, but it seems like a lot of people just do, because the carabineros simply do not check.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:14 pm

there is a salvoconducto for moving between regions, and various other reasons.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:12 pm

Perros que detectan el covid-19 reforzarán fiscalizaciones durante compras navideñas en la RM

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... a-rm.shtml

"...en una hora, los cuatro perros pueden controlar alrededor de 200 personas..."

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:24 am

so I am scratching my head about these announcements from maderna and Pfizer regarding the magical "95%" claims.

someone explain the math to me. perhaps the back of my napkin is dirty.

so, maderna for instance, had 30,000 participants in their study, 15,000 got a placibo, and among those only a couple hundred people contracted covid. rember, they are suppose to be testing in areas with up to 50% positivity rates in the population.

my math says, we would expect at least 1,500 cases or more in the placibo group.

what did they lock them in a bubble?

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:26 am

here is a great article on the history behind both vaccines and their companies:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/10/the ... cine-race/

in short, mRNA vaccine has never been successfully done before, and both these companies have never developed a single product before.

I am not a flat earther, but I have a lot of experience with first generation technology. The rule with first gen tech is simple: wait.

Wait, until it is no longer first generation. I will not buy a first generation cell phone. A first generation car. I will not even fly on a first generation airplane, and this has the potential to be a super charged 737-max.

wish them the best of luck. hope it turns out well for everyone's sake. sounds like there is super potential in the technology to solve all sorts of medical issues. but, not donating my arm to that experiment.

I was talking to my neighbor / friend that is a retired french doctor. he just got back in the country. The subject came up about the mRNA vaccines. The way his eyebrows went up and he rolled his eyes pretty much said it all.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:21 pm

Puerto varas going backwards into paso 2

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:53 pm

41southchile wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:21 pm
Puerto varas going backwards into paso 2
yea, got woken up about 2 a.m. last week with steady stream of airforce planes going overhead for about 30 mins. they were evacuating patients out of the puerto montt hospital which was maxed out.

the idiot mayor of pv was calling for people to ignore the quarantine. he is trying to save the tourism money, not the people.

In a lot of ways PV being in quarantine is more of a hassle for us personally than frutillar. I can get by without going to frutillar much, but tend to do shopping in pv and also have to take my mother in law in to pv three times a week for dyalis.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:57 pm

The doctor at the dyalis center told everyone that they were not sending anyone to the puerto montt hospital anymore unless they were really dieing. a couple of weeks ago they called an ambulance for one of the patients that had a swallon foot. The guy went to the PM public hospital, caught covid and died the following week.