coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
admin
Site Admin

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by admin » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:13 pm

The government is lifting restrictions on several communities in RM and around the country, entering phase 2, but I am not even going try and unpack all the details.

Will link to an article when they are done.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:22 pm

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:31 pm

ooo, good doctor has lost it.

he is going off on the United states and the WHO today.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fxhZ2Z-Y4ls

honestly, the suckers had it coming.

mem

Post by mem » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:28 pm

nwdiver wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:59 pm
mem wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:28 am
admin wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:08 am
yea, I don't even know how to start listing the reasons I will never touch a Chinese vaccine.

I am not anti-vaccine, I am anti-Chinese vaccine.

Let me put it this way, I won't buy egg rolls made in China. I sure as hell am not touching a chinese vaccine.

I have seen first hand the way Chinese conduct scientific research. I taught at a Chinese research university. I have seen them do everything from falsifying data, to leaving thousands of research animals dying in pain, to contaminating other scientists research out of simple carelessness and lack of understanding of basic lab protocols. The most common, is a complete lack of grip on plagiarism in conducting research. It is one thing to copy someone else's research without giving credit. It is a complete other thing to copy research they don't even understand what it is and how use it.

Forget about medical ethics. Does not exist. That is a whole other long cultural debate.

At best, and hopefully, they are just ripping off someone's formula that knew what they were doing, and they are able to accurately replicate it.
I was looking into this china/Chile vaccine and comparing it to the other vaccine candidates for its design and structure

Apparently all three...Cansino(china/chile), Moderna, and Innovio, are all "novel" messenger RNA vaccines (no pun intended)

All three are an entirely new type of "vaccine", in fact calling it a vaccine may actually be a stretch in anything other than a colloquial sense. Like calling plasma therapy a "vaccine".

Good information in this article about these for those interested in the makeup

https://cen.acs.org/pharmaceuticals/vac ... nes/98/i14

Yes, looking at the mechanism these “vaccines” use it appears to be more of a probiotic than traditional vaccine....I have no problem with that if it works, and yes I understand vaccines are probiotics...
After reading that article and some other documents, the mRNA vaccines operate like a virus themselves by hijacking your own cells machinery to use that machinery to manufacture a replica of the spike protein of this coronavirus...and I guess somehow that results in some level of antibodies that begins to grow at 14 days after the injection and then peaks at 28 days.

My concerns:

1) there is no track record for these types of new mRNA vaccines. No large scale long term studies. Just a frenetic panic release to stop the covid19 pandemic.
2) No information that I can find on how long these 14-28day antibodies stick around. You'd think that would be important info given temporary the antibodies are for those that recover and then either have a rebloom or recatch of this virus. But oh wait, right, no long term studies...of course they dont know how long these antibodies stick around...not enough time has passed from the tests of these pilot mRNA vaccines. However the precedence of organic recovery antibodies only lasting a handful of weeks does not bode well for this
3) the type 1 interferon over response that can be caused by these mRNA vaccines that in some cases results in autoimmunity. Ouch. I guess thats the cost of doing mRNA business when a humans own cells are hijacked to try to induce a specific immune response.
4) An mRNA vaccine (I think Modernas) was tested in Seattle and there is an article you can find online of a test participant hospitalized as a result of a severe reaction (103Ftemp, vomiting, fainting, flu like symptoms ...and I dont think that even the worst case because I don't think he even had the T1 interferon/autoimmunity response. This is the wa compost article describing his experience. Granted, he was in a higher dose group, it just feels like there is an effort to sugarcoat this with aspartame. Draw your own conclusions
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... rc404=true

So why are they futzing with mRNA vaccines? I guess cause they are quick to produce/manufacture. Seems to be the main motivation. Its fast.

So "cheap" and "fast"...unfortunately the third attribute of that iron triangle is "good".... (Cheap, Fast, or Good...pick 2)

I dont see how this can be characterized as a probiotic. I have taken probiotics for a long time...even more than is recommended and I've never has any issues even close to what appears to be possible with these mRNA treatments

I think I'd rather pay millions of pesos in cash, out of pocket , at a private clinic, for plasma therapy than roll the dice with this cheap and fast novel stuff. Call me crazy. I dont want myself or my family to be sacrificed on any clinical learning curve

drunken days

Post by drunken days » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:49 pm

mem wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:28 pm
... operate like a virus themselves by hijacking your own cells machinery to use that machinery to manufacture a replica of the spike protein ...
And the formulation of the said "replica" is designed by humans, bio-engineers.
mem wrote:
... that in some cases results in autoimmunity...
Plus, possibly, in some other families of cancer-like genetic disorders.
mem wrote:
...I dont want myself or my family to be sacrificed on any clinical learning curve...
By no means do I.
All that you touch
All that you see
All that you taste ...

~ Eclipse, by Pink Floyd, from the "Dark Side of the Moon"

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:44 pm

Government Report:

2,287 new cases, 343,592 total confirmed cases

18,403 active cases

106 new deaths, 9,020 total deaths (as reported to the civil register in the last 24 hour).

504 ventilators available

1,600 in icu, 245 critical

19,133 tests conducted, 1,504,844 total tests completed

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:02 pm

so I was trying to make some guestimate as to when this might end, based on data we have now vs. the early days. It was just too fragmented and inconsistent to make projections.

assuming we hold steady, with about 3,000 cases a day on average.

if we assume about x10 officially dignosed vs. infected, which has held up pretty well everywhere antibody sampling has been conducted. mas o menos.

with 18 million people in the country, we need at least 80% to be fairly certain of herd immunity, or 14,400,000 people.

343,592 have been officially diagnosed.

x10 infected but not dignosed

call it
3,500,000 have been infected

leaving about 10,900,000 yet to be infected.

at, 30,000 new infections per day

we have about 363 days to go. call it a year, to natural herd immunity reaches 80%

obviously, there are all sorts of assumptions there, that could be played with.

The big point I wanted make is to have a look at when herd immunity in chile might be achievable, and is it before a vaccine will likely be ready.

Seems it might be.

figure another 6 months, end of 2020, before a vaccine is approved. another 6 months to a year to produce, distribute, vaccinate everyone to herd immunity levels (80% of population). probably more that a year before it is widely available.

A vaccine might be helpful to finally snuff out the remainder of the virus from clusters popping up, or protecting the most high-risk, but given this conservative back of the napkin check, it looks like it not going to be very helpful even if ready relatively soon and it is effective.

In short, one way or the other, likely by july 2021 , this bug will have either fully burned itself out or at least is transmitted in such small numbers as to be of no real consequence in chile. perhaps some extra care for the extremely vulnerable is still required, but society at large should be back to normal in Chile.

I am however not going to try and extend that guestimate to other countries; but Chile should be done with this, with or without a vaccine by next year.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:44 pm

that is the good news.

at about 2.57% of cases resulting in death conservatively, there could up to 280,000 dead to come.

or with my guestimate of 3,500,000 already infected we have a
case fatality rate of
0.25%

resulting in an additional 27,250 deaths by July next year.

jistoner

Post by jistoner » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:31 pm

We got stopped at one of the "many" check stops and they where wanting some kind of health passport, does anyone know what they are talking about?

Yesterday we where told that we had to go to the police station to get a pass to go from 1 region to another (los Rios to Araucanía,) I hope they don't go any crazier here.

drunken days

Post by drunken days » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:53 pm

jistoner wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:31 pm
We got stopped at one of the "many" check stops and they where wanting some kind of health passport, does anyone know what they are talking about?
About this one, venerable:

https://covid-19.cl/cuarentena/pasaportes-sanitarios/
All that you touch
All that you see
All that you taste ...

~ Eclipse, by Pink Floyd, from the "Dark Side of the Moon"

jistoner

Post by jistoner » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:21 pm

drunken days wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:53 pm
jistoner wrote:

Thank you for providing this information.

My next question is, what do you do if you don't have a smart phone?

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:35 pm

jistoner wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:21 pm
drunken days wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:53 pm
jistoner wrote:

Thank you for providing this information.

My next question is, what do you do if you don't have a smart phone?
Get your "pasaporte sanitário" on www.c19.cl and print it.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.