coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
tiagoabner

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:12 pm

The healthcare workers union has asked for Paris to leave office due to "gross misconduct", and they're also planning on suing the government: https://www.t13.cl/noticia/nacional/con ... 11-06-2021
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:33 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:12 pm
The healthcare workers union has asked for Paris to leave office due to "gross misconduct", and they're also planning on suing the government: https://www.t13.cl/noticia/nacional/con ... 11-06-2021
they are just another fucking political party pretending to be a "professional association".

like colmed. They represent less than 10% of doctors in the country, are not an official licensing association, but insert themselves in to any thing political they can.

The presidential election is up next, everyone is getting stupid trying to jocky for political positions.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:34 pm

6,234 new cases, 97 deaths today

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:36 pm

They just announced that anyone under 45 that received AstraZeneca, will be given pfizer to complete their vaccination.

which to stupid as shit, because they knew AstraZeneca was a problem when they received the shipment; but they went ahead with it anyway.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:49 pm

Here is a rather worrying line from today's press conference,
de estos 6.234 nuevos casos, el 73% no cuenta con su esquema de vacunación completo y solo el 27% cuenta con sus dos dosis y 14 días".
27% of the positive cases had both dosis. of course, they seem to always fail to provide any details.

positivity rate was down to 8.8%, active cases in the country dropped to 44,000 from 48,000 last week.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:27 pm

admin wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:36 pm
They just announced that anyone under 45 that received AstraZeneca, will be given pfizer to complete their vaccination.

which to stupid as shit, because they knew AstraZeneca was a problem when they received the shipment; but they went ahead with it anyway.
No thanks. I would rather complete mine with AZ. It might seem paranoid but I have read news of occasional (obviously rare) cases of myocarditis after vaccination with Pfizer. The risk is, in general, a bit higher in males (the opposite of the blood clot risk in AZ). I have heart history issues in my family, especially in males (such as myself). There's a reason why I researched and decided that I preferred AZ out of the options available.

I wonder what they're going to do with all the AZ doses that they already purchased.

mem

Post by mem » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:37 pm

admin wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:49 pm
Here is a rather worrying line from today's press conference,
de estos 6.234 nuevos casos, el 73% no cuenta con su esquema de vacunación completo y solo el 27% cuenta con sus dos dosis y 14 días".
27% of the positive cases had both dosis. of course, they seem to always fail to provide any details.

positivity rate was down to 8.8%, active cases in the country dropped to 44,000 from 48,000 last week.
If they weren't tested right before the vaccine then they may have already had it in their system?

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:01 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:27 pm

I wonder what they're going to do with all the AZ doses that they already purchased.
Sobre este último punto dio a conocer que se resolvió que se continuará con la inoculación de Astrazeneca para hombres mayores de 45 años con primeras y segundas dosis
Source: http://www.lanacion.cl/hombres-menores- ... de-pfizer/

I´m fine with Pfizer as second dosis.

News reports I can find on scientific studies suggest AZ-Pfizer gives overall eficacy and safety on a par or better than AZ-AZ.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:31 pm

o.k., so in a not so clandestine party last weekend, we whipped out the antibody tests and drew blood. we were like some sort of satanic cult that worships vampires. way too much blood involved, for there not being a bar room fight. 😆

so, my brother in law, had sinovac with me. He came up negative to barely detectable light lines.

my sister in law, that had pfizer, came up negative for antibodies. I had read about how pfizer was not working in people with lupas, so was keen to test her.

we were concerned at that point we needed to validate that the tests were still working, so my wife that had pfizer, took the test again. she came up with very bright lines, just like the first time.

FYI, exact same box of tests as I took earlier.

just to muddy the water, our friend that originally had sinovac with me, had taken the antibody tests before and came up positive, recently had a first shot of pfizer, in addition to having had two doses of sinovac already, and he came up with very light lines.

long story how that came about, but seems odd that the antibody test would be less definitive after both vaccines.

FYI, he reported a sore arm with sinovac, and he felt like crap for two days with pfizer.

Now, I have couple theories about how we invalidated the tests. They probably were just measuring our blood alcohol content, not the antibodies. 😆

but, the variation in the group of people is surprising, considering we pretty much manged to hold almost all the variables constant.
all the sinovac people, are male, similar ages, all had it at the same time, same bottle, etc. same with the pfizer people. all female, same ages, all had it at the same time, same batch, etc. except for my sister in law with lupas, but even that provides some interesting clues to how the vaccines are behaving.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:50 am

Britkid wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:01 pm
Jamers41 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:27 pm

Sobre este último punto dio a conocer que se resolvió que se continuará con la inoculación de Astrazeneca para hombres mayores de 45 años con primeras y segundas dosis
Source: http://www.lanacion.cl/hombres-menores- ... de-pfizer/

I´m fine with Pfizer as second dosis.

News reports I can find on scientific studies suggest AZ-Pfizer gives overall eficacy and safety on a par or better than AZ-AZ.
Well that's good for you, but there's a reason why I decided on AZ for me after some research. I don't want Pfizer. I guess my other option might be Janssen......assuming it arrives and they would allow me to have it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:41 am

so, now comes the "perhaps we should migrate to a more effective vaccine to end the pandemic in Chile".

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... vid19.html

where were these frigen geniuses all this time?

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:04 am

admin wrote: » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:41 am

so, now comes the "perhaps we should migrate to a more effective vaccine to end the pandemic in Chile".

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... vid19.html

where were these frigen geniuses all this time?
It is a good question, and a similar situation has happened in Canada. I would say that somebody should look at the role that the media has played into this, as they have mainly interviewed the same group of politicians and professionals and repeat what they say as facts. One of them is that the news articles keep on talking about "the results of the study from the university", "el estudio del Minsal", "el estudio de la U de Chile". Even in this forum some posters refer to that *study* in regards to the high level of protection achieved by the Sinovac vaccine. Everybody seem to forget that those are just "preliminary results", that the Chilean vaccination program is a study that has not been finished yet. The Chilean citizens are the guinea-pigs in this experiment.

What is a group of guinea-pigs, a herd or a flock? "Flock immunity"?