coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
nwdiver

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by nwdiver » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:28 pm

41southchile wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:38 am
PXYC wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:27 am
Confession: I red today an article about scientists studying the chance of not being possible to naturally immunize after surviving covid-19, and got seriously depressed. :cry:
At least 91 cases in Sth Korea have it after supposed recovery of coronavirus of a total of 7000 recovered. Looks like not everyone has immunity after having it, it is perhaps a reactivation rather than reinfection
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/ ... pL9H2kXadM
You are right reinfection has to be in a new outbreak, separated by time ( normally 8-10 months) from the first infection.
It's all about the wine.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:48 pm

now we got the government press conference after idiot pinera opened his mouth

286 new cases, 7,213 cases

7 new deaths, 80 deaths total

2,059 claimed to be recovered.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:55 pm

at this point, any idiot politician or government official that starts talking about "opening the economy" or returning to "normal", that is not followed by anything less than a full throated "I don't know" or "we don't know", I instantly put in the box of information sources to 'never to be trusted again'.

I want the science, the data, the statistics, and a solid logic behind it; and, not some politically sanitized and filtered version.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:59 pm

admin wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:55 pm
at this point, any idiot politician or government official that starts talking about "opening the economy" or returning to "normal", that is not followed by anything less than a full throated "I don't know" or "we don't know", I instantly put in the box of information sources to 'never to be trusted again'.

I want the science, the data, the statistics, and a solid logic behind it; and, not some politically sanitized and filtered version.
That would be the dickshit talking about opening the economy that claimed the virus was so brilliant the antibiotics couldnt keep up with it
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:31 pm

41southchile wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:59 pm
admin wrote:

That would be the dickshit talking about opening the economy that claimed the virus was so brilliant the antibiotics couldnt keep up with it
You mean the one that keeps pushing anti malarial drugs that he and his family happen to be major shareholders in a company that manufactures said drugs?????? That dickhead?
It's all about the wine.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:33 pm

Off topic again, pumpkin head has a new America First statistic, highest number of deaths to COVID 19 in the world......
It's all about the wine.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:45 pm

nwdiver wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:33 pm
Off topic again, pumpkin head has a new America First statistic, highest number of deaths to COVID 19 in the world......
:lol: :shock: :roll:

FrankPintor

Post by FrankPintor » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:29 pm

admin wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:45 pm
nwdiver wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:33 pm
:lol: :shock: :roll:
MAGA 🙄
Caracas es Caracas. Lo demás es monte y culebra!

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:58 pm

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well.

Not including the quanratined zones of Santiago and certain towns...for the rest of Chile.... is there a list of specific things you can and cannot do, whether by law. some organized list like this one for the UK:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rom-others

Also, a specific question, can you drive through a quarantined Santiago barrio if you are just passing through it without getting out of the car...or would you have to plot a route all around it? (Assume neither your start nor end point is in a quarantined zone.)

Thanks.

Ripsigg

Post by Ripsigg » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:25 am

nwdiver wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:31 pm
41southchile wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:59 pm
admin wrote:

You mean the one that keeps pushing anti malarial drugs that he and his family happen to be major shareholders in a company that manufactures said drugs?????? That dickhead?
Ok, he is a pumkinhead, BUT let's not let our dislike of him cloud the facts.
1) He owns less than $1500 in Sanofi.
2) Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine are generics.
3) It is a bonafide treatment. I was reading the treatment reports coming out of China AND Korea showing that they were being used with some effectiveness. I actually read a blog post in January from a Chinese doctor who treated his own father with Chloroquine.

FYI, this was all when Trump was saying everything was under control and there was no problem at all. I bought my stash in the first week of February. Generic Mexican :)

Once you understand how the virus works and how it's theorized that chloroquine works, it makes sense. It attacks one of the spikes that attaches to the cells. It also theorized to work as a Zinc Ionophore. Basically, it helps Zinc get into the cells to stop the virus from replicating. It helps your own body immune system fight. It's not a cure, it's just a treatment and it doesn't always work. But it does provide the answer as to why any treatment with Chloroquine also includes Zinc.

Interestingly, there are other natural supplements that do the same thing (Quinine is a natural substance). Quercetin and Curcumin both are theorized to attack the virus in the same way as a Chloroquine, BUT they aren't being used right now because , you know why. The pumpkin head's friends can't earn money off of it.

Ripsigg

Post by Ripsigg » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:27 am

Let me add: I think he is pushing the drugs because he wants people to think he is actually doing something when he can't do jack without getting in the way. He should have been doing something back in January.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:50 am

so seems to be some early evidence that the virus was in the wild and spreading back in December in los angels California.

https://www.theblaze.com/2020/04/12/cor ... cember/amp

I am curious if they turn-up antibodies in lab samples and blood banks back in December.