Corona Virus! (OLD)

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Corona Virus!

Post by admin » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:41 pm

NBA just suspended the season.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:22 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:05 pm
he is fucking nuts

he just blaimed it all on Europe.
Pretty rich coming from him. History will truly remember him for this (that's all he will be rememberedfor) and his countries monumental fuck up.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

chilly

Post by chilly » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:46 am

admin wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:13 pm
he did. he just stopped all cargo from Europe.

what fuck does that have to with any of this?
The President later rushed to clarify on Twitter that he was stopping travel and not trans-Atlantic trade in goods, and officials said his plan did not apply to Americans or US permanent residents -- though such travelers would face mandatory quarantines.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/12/poli ... index.html

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:43 am

chilly wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:46 am
admin wrote:

The President later rushed to clarify on Twitter that he was stopping travel and not trans-Atlantic trade in goods, and officials said his plan did not apply to Americans or US permanent residents -- though such travelers would face mandatory quarantines.

yea, that is exactly the type of clarity the World needs in the middle of a pandemic.

Pleasssse

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:14 am

admin wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:43 am
chilly wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:46 am
admin wrote:

yea, that is exactly the type of clarity the World needs in the middle of a pandemic.

Pleasssse
What's the saying in rural Chile ?

la culpa no es del chancho, sino del que le da el afrecho.
It's not the pigs fault, rather the one who gives it (feeds it) the bran.

Trump supporters saying he is a genius doing a great job. It's all the media's fault to make sure he doesn't win the election.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51840227

gregf

Post by gregf » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:24 am

That speech last night... what a disaster. Me Me Me, I took unprecedented action, but those damn European communists!

So tell ing that he is trying to speak directly to the business sector and wall street and not the american people, who he demonstrably does not give two fucks about. For him the scoreboard is the DOW and that's that.

Unfortunately I don't see the country learning any lessons about electing people like Trump, etc instead of competent studied people who have at least some idea what the fuck they are doing, or who to ask (AND LISTEN TO) when they don't.

I have a feeling this is going to go way worse than I was imagining. Which was not too bad. Damn.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:33 am

gregf wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:24 am
That speech last night... what a disaster. Me Me Me, I took unprecedented action, but those damn European communists!

So tell ing that he is trying to speak directly to the business sector and wall street and not the american people, who he demonstrably does not give two fucks about. For him the scoreboard is the DOW and that's that.

Unfortunately I don't see the country learning any lessons about electing people like Trump, etc instead of competent studied people who have at least some idea what the fuck they are doing, or who to ask (AND LISTEN TO) when they don't.

I have a feeling this is going to go way worse than I was imagining. Which was not too bad. Damn.
I have the same dread/feeling , he has really fucked up, and completely lying last night, as usual of course but this time he is not lying about irrelevant shit, this is going to cost a lot of lives.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:38 am

It did sound like he was saying stopping cargo, but it was a mistake. He meant to say he wasn't stopping cargo but made a mistake or wasn't clear.

It sounded like an autocue speech last night, and I suspect he misread it.

If you look at the written statements put out, I think it's clearer.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:43 am

gregf wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:24 am

He droned on in a monotone like it was a sermon... but this is who the Americans want, as appalling as he is to the rest of the world. I think there is some heavy-duty herd-mind manipulation going on, via the television and media and social media. Decades ago Marshall McLuhan warned of the power of the media, we are seeing it and not believing it. This nation is hypnotized to find their answers in fast food and drugs.

If half of every populace is average intelligence, half is below average. Anyone with normal to low intelligence is easily susceptible to media manipulation. And stupid does not realize it is stupid. We have a nation of obese morons run by a schoolyard bully. What could possibly go wrong?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:34 am

latam is stopping flights from buenos Aires to miami.

https://www.df.cl/noticias/empresas/ind ... 04650.html

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:35 am

meanwhile, Trump manged to avoid travel bans on countries where he has hotel properties in Europe.

huummmmm.

yea, he is obviously worried about the well being of Americans.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:47 am

33 cases in Chile as of today. most are north of the bio bio river.