ACTIVE CRISIS ZONES

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: ACTIVE CRISIS ZONES

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:18 pm

Although the monkey-zombie attacks I mean peaceful protests have only paralyzed Chile's most important cargo port for two days, the dreaded dark hours approach of Day 2. So far, only the Mayorista 10 was sacked and slightly burned and the VTR office and an AFP office thoroughly burned and the Tottus warehouse resacked and about 10 other businesses on the main thoroughfare got cagado, thus far the area has fared better than the prior week's large march that made it to cuico Santo Domingo.

Salud

I find it strange that Frente Amplio ("F"ookin A"rseholes) and CUT ordered San Antonio workers to go on strike while Sharpie''s Valpo no (YES, the cargo ships are being diverted to still active Valpo). Like I said, SA workers are useful idiots just like in the Maersk saga. So many times in the past, SA port workers strike in solidarity with Valpo (same patron power dynamic of Santiago vs. the provinces but on a port level despite SA being the most important cargo port of Chile) and again SA shits on itself once more to the benefit of Valpo.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:58 pm

La Serena, Avda. Francisco de Aguirre. This evening sacked the ground floor of the Hotel Costa Real, and later started a fire.

Seems to have now calmed down as no more sirens, and I just saw a bunch of flaites heading home after the fun.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:31 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:18 pm
Day 2. So far, ...
You lost diario El Líder de San Antonio to fire, around 20:30 - 21:00.

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... igua.shtml

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:37 pm

RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:31 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:18 pm
Day 2. So far, ...
You lost diario El Líder de San Antonio to fire, around 20:30 - 21:00.

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... igua.shtml
Es verdad, very true, 31 years and they were reporting the shit recently 9 out of 10 times giving benefit of the doubt of "peaceful" protest. And they alwyas gave ample space to the local desparicidos of San Antonio during Pino even leaning quite left. This is terrorism.

Where are you outside of Chile Fuckwits to defend this? GODDAMN YOU ALL!

ADDS TO THE GROWING BODY OF WISDOM I REALIZE IN THE (initially heard) SENTIMENTS OF THE ANTI-ALLENDE PERSONS I'VE MET IN CHILE...
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:24 am

Yeah, I have noticed that the official "narrative" for those years has been systematically altered over the years; the version that is peddled these days bears little resemblance to what actually occurred. Even stuff on Wikipedia is constantly altered.

Same thing is happening right now; for all Piñera's faults, he is not a violador, torturador or asesino and neither are the Police. And we are not living in a Dictatorship.

But those are classic smear tactics, and they work quite well when enough people repeat the lies. I guess you could call it his Pinochización.
pinera-huele-a-dictadura.jpg

Après moi, le déluge

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:00 am

“Nos retiramos de El Belloto. Estamos absolutamente superados. Tengo carabineros lesionados, los vehículos apedreados, bombas molotov, no tengo gas, no puedo disparar escopetas. Está la cagá”.

Please read this. Updated 0:04

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... aiso.shtml

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:19 am

Firmly on topic (yesterday, for Stgo anyway):
WEB-NAC-bloqueo-de-calles-271119.jpg

Après moi, le déluge

ghibli

Post by ghibli » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:58 am

to eeuunikkeiexpat and fraggie092. First, what do you mean by ::" Where are you outside of Chile Fuckwits to defend this? GODDAMN YOU ALL!
ADDS TO THE GROWING BODY OF WISDOM I REALIZE IN THE (initially heard) SENTIMENTS OF THE ANTI-ALLENDE PERSONS I'VE MET IN CHILE... "

I don't see the connexion with Allende and the mis-information currently being spread out side of chile, for example Andre Vitchek hyperventalating about alledged police brutality. The reality was - whatever you may think of Allende - the us in the person of Nixon and Kissinger did everything they could to cripple the economy of chile and make it seem that it was ALL Allende's fault. It's starting to sound a bit like the north versus the south Civil War in the us. 150 years later there is still antagonism - although none of the original contestants are still alive, and most people don't read history so they don't really know what they're fighting about. So are we seeing the same "Allende versus Pinochet" lucha? Forgetting that history shows that divide and conquer is one of the ways the rich stay rich. JP Morgan just keeps on chugging.

What really really puzzles me here is wondering who gains by all this destruction? Clearly the working people, retired people, middle class people and even the self indulgent show off students are all going to lose big time. It could take years to repair all the damage. As eeuuikkie says - el lider in San Antonio was a pretty good paper run by some resolute peeps. Gone now. Of course it's not all Pinera's fault - although he's had six years now to make some improvements and did just about nothing. Lazy rich old guy. Got rich due to Pinochet connexions. Rich brother living in the us. Nothing more or less. Bachelet? Her last term was - nothing - the tide going out. Pitiful. So that's a decade of no imporvements. You can't blame that on foreign press. And you can't blame foreign press - left or right - for the savagery and violence - although you can certainly wonder who's egging them on behind the scenes. I know that chilenos hate bolivia but there is no denying that lots of usaid money and school of the americas savages were behind the current coup. Is that what chile wants?

Chilenos need to look into their own hearts and clean up their house. It's really tragic. Chile could lead the world in things like renewable energy, astronomy, agriculture, in addition to mining. As for the carabineros - well I wasn't there in Santiago, but the carabineros I have personally encountered seem to be trying very hard to be restrained. Frankly, if someone was throwing a molotov cocktail at me, I'd shoot them too. If you're going to set fire to a hospital, you can't really expect someone with kid gloves to gently pick you up and put you down on a cushion. These saqueo-ists are like bratty kids having temper tantrums. How many people's lives have been lost because the hosiptal was closed, the <SPAM WORD> was looted?

Maybe I'm in the wrong thread here. This isn't exactly active crisis - more like a slow motion feeling sad for a sometimes wonderful country now a disaster.... to fraggie092 - I was jsut writing this while you posted the map. Thank you.

ghibli

Post by ghibli » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:01 am

If you are wondering what the spam word was - it was <SPAM WORD>. don't see the harm in that.

ghibli

Post by ghibli » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:02 am

I'll try again. The spoam word was a word which means a location which sells perscription medications.

dmwbmw2

Post by dmwbmw2 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:38 am

....more like a slow motion feeling sad for a sometimes wonderful country now a disaster....

You managed to put in to words exactly what I have been feeling.

4 of the last 10 days I have been unable to get to my place of work due to cuts on Hwy 160.

Again today. If its not burning tires now its a truckload of sardines.

I am starting to get used to driving/riding down the wrong side of the limited access highways. Slowly the rules start to disappear and then you look up and find total chaos.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:00 am

ghibli wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:58 am
What really really puzzles me here is wondering who gains by all this destruction?
These people!
EJqgg9kXUAUDOCV.jpg large.jpg
And for those who don't know who they are, here's some help. They're the ones who organize the national strikes. And covertly promote violent activity as well.
EJs8m_bXkAEEw4V.jpg large.jpg
And some more...the "abstainers". It you cannot put names to at least 4 of those faces, then you are truly clueless! They're the tail that's been wagging the Chilean dog for some time now.
golpe.jpg
Most of the ppl in these pics are generously remunerated by the taxpayer btw.

Après moi, le déluge