ACTIVE CRISIS ZONES

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
Dosedmonkey

Re: ACTIVE CRISIS ZONES

Post by Dosedmonkey » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:27 pm

Rancagua had some of the worst disturbances outside Santiago in first two weeks, including the first Carabinero station to be attacked. Not sure if that measures the community as a whole, I don't know the town. Looked at moving to the countryside before Rancagua near Buin at one point, and it was very nice houses on the outskirts of a shady feeling town. We went in to the little PDI station in Buin and asked, and they laughed at us for wanting to move to the area, and said the new builds are in a really bad location. Not sure if that was just their perspective as they deal with the worst in town day in day out.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:07 pm

Dosedmonkey wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:27 pm
Rancagua had some of the worst disturbances outside Santiago in first two weeks, including the first Carabinero station to be attacked. Not sure if that measures the community as a whole, I don't know the town. Looked at moving to the countryside before Rancagua near Buin at one point, and it was very nice houses on the outskirts of a shady feeling town. We went in to the little PDI station in Buin and asked, and they laughed at us for wanting to move to the area, and said the new builds are in a really bad location. Not sure if that was just their perspective as they deal with the worst in town day in day out.
Well if that's the case it hasn't been evident in the news lately.

We went to Rancagua for a day in late October about a week after the unrest started, and saw a few car dealerships attacked and one supermarket looted and damaged, which was not really comparable to the level of damage in Puente Alto or large swaths of Santiago, they also didn't have long lines just to get into a store and make purchases like the ones that we saw in Santiago on that same Saturday. Having said that, I'm aware that the center of Rancagua (not where we want to move to) is not the most beautiful part of Chile.

Dosedmonkey

Post by Dosedmonkey » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:23 pm

It was all from bio bio noticias I saw quite a bit of disorder there. Perhaps it is because they have much less Carabineros there and didn't expect the problems. It was a few weeks back so can't remember now.

Buin PDI I am going back a few years now and it was more to do with a high amount of drug users and crime related to it.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:27 pm

Yeah we considered Buin also, I have not heard anything at all really in the last month about looting or nonsense there, but basically we decided against a house in Buin purely for economical reasons.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:10 pm

I'm sorry, but I have to ask.

What the fuck are you people reading or being told that would even put those shithole industrial low class, toxic and social disasters on your "to be considered as a place to live" radar screen?

I mean if someone is offering to pay you a crazy amount of money to live there, well kind of understand; but, otherwise not really.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:44 pm

Manifestation fuerte, Plaza de Armas, Talca, now. Seems peaceful but animated. Setting off fireworks. En Linea Maule on FB

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:54 pm

San Antonio: CUT (asshole commies) directed port worker union (overpaid useful idiots) have said that they will be on strike Monday and Tuesday. Not clear is if other ports like Valpo will participate and other unions like transport will participate. These CUT sponsored marches usually end up in violence <sigh...>
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:51 pm

More sirens (probably ruta 5 going toward La Serena)... it sounds serious. But it's the first I heard today, so that's a good thing.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:31 pm

thanks thisis

vamoschile

Post by vamoschile » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:44 pm

admin wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:10 pm

What the fuck are you people reading or being told that would even put those shithole industrial low class, toxic and social disasters on your "to be considered as a place to live" radar screen?

I mean if someone is offering to pay you a crazy amount of money to live there, well kind of understand; but, otherwise not really.
I don't live there but when we originally moved to Chile and we were going to work in Santiago we looked at possible suburbs that you could take the train/bus easily and get to Santiago for work. Buin/Paine seem to fit into these locations since they are on the ruta 5. The other reason we looked was because you still get a campo feel. In the end we decided against it because of the commute and like you said industrial feeling. I don't think there is anything wrong living there it just didn't make sense to us in the end.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:48 pm

vamoschile wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:44 pm
admin wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:10 pm

I don't live there but when we originally moved to Chile and we were going to work in Santiago we looked at possible suburbs that you could take the train/bus easily and get to Santiago for work. Buin/Paine seem to fit into these locations since they are on the ruta 5. The other reason we looked was because you still get a campo feel. In the end we decided against it because of the commute and like you said industrial feeling. I don't think there is anything wrong living there it just didn't make sense to us in the end.
Even Melipilla an agro stronghold can be a shithole. My wife's wannabe cuica aunt had her house robbed three times. So those more "rural" looking or seeming locales can be far from tranquil. Always do check with the local pacos and civilian pacos.

- Søren Kierkegaard

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:56 am

San Antonio 25 November: transport union joined so no public transport today.

San Antonio, tomorrow, 26 November: roads will be blocked probably like the day where the march made it to cuico Santo Domingo and resulted in a huge fight and tons of damage.

- Søren Kierkegaard