ACTIVE CRISIS ZONES

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
Britkid

Re: ACTIVE CRISIS ZONES

Post by Britkid » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:06 pm

Someone posted something called Left Voice on you tube with a live stream of Plaza Italia, but when I look in recent days I only find archives of footage, not live. Maybe they've stopped because they wanted to show that there were massive protests, and lately there aren't. Perhaps Tiagno Abner can comment.

Any of these type of live streams would be useful here also in this thread.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:18 pm

There was a massive protest yesterday on plaza Italia, and there have been protests there everyday since it all began.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

Naolin

Post by Naolin » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:12 pm

Britkid wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:06 pm
Someone posted something called Left Voice on you tube with a live stream of Plaza Italia, but when I look in recent days I only find archives of footage, not live. Maybe they've stopped because they wanted to show that there were massive protests, and lately there aren't. Perhaps Tiagno Abner can comment.

Any of these type of live streams would be useful here also in this thread.
This link keeps a live stream of the Galatia Cima on, along with other news channels

https://alplox.github.io/tele/

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:14 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:18 pm
There was a massive protest yesterday on plaza Italia, and there have been protests there everyday since it all began.
See the fun here

Or here.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

Dosedmonkey

Post by Dosedmonkey » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:26 pm

Seen a knife pulled out in Bella vista there in the little posh restaurant part which has a lot of security. By the time alerted them the guys escaped I think.

Always weary at night (past 22:00) in Santiago. Taxi or car every time. Got the bus once a little later, on Vespucio Norte, the bus didn't stop where I was expecting it to, ended up in a very dodgy area, hiding out until a radio taxi could pick me up. Not bad only the one mistake in all the years of living there. Should of just got a taxi in the first place.
Britkid wrote:

The guy streaming it has probably been arrested or doesn't want to be, seeing anyone with a camera phone out filming is fair game for arrest now.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:49 pm

I just heard a bunch of sirens going by. I think they were on Ruta 5 going toward La Serena. It could be nothing. I hope it's not another gas station burning.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:03 pm

Thanks for the links.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:11 pm

Dosedmonkey wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:26 pm
Seen a knife pulled out in Bella vista there in the little posh restaurant part which has a lot of security. By the time alerted them the guys escaped I think.

Always weary at night (past 22:00) in Santiago. Taxi or car every time. Got the bus once a little later, on Vespucio Norte, the bus didn't stop where I was expecting it to, ended up in a very dodgy area, hiding out until a radio taxi could pick me up. Not bad only the one mistake in all the years of living there. Should of just got a taxi in the first place.
Britkid wrote:

The guy streaming it has probably been arrested or doesn't want to be, seeing anyone with a camera phone out filming is fair game for arrest now.
Dan from ilovechile (anyone know what happened to dan?), and his pregnant wife were mugged and she was seriously beaten some years ago walking out of bella vista. It has been a long tradition since I came to chile for gangs of males to follow drunk people walking out of there and roll them at night.

At night, it has always been straight from the door of the club, restaurant, or bar to a waiting taxi, even when my wife and I lived just over by Bellas Artes (like 4 long blocks). simply never wonder outside the main bar zone.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

chilly

Post by chilly » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:53 pm

Using "Live map" on waze.com on a laptop may be helpful if you are interested in seeing some problems in a specific area or are going by road somewhere (drive, taxi, etc.).

Maybe those who have used waze while traveling this week can say how accurate this is currently.

Also, maps.google.com and then choosing the live "Traffic" option may be helpful.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:32 pm

admin wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:11 pm
of course maipu, pointe alto, but not sure why a foriegner would be wondering around those areas unless they were looking for drugs or something. even then, long way to go for drugs. :lol:
Or maybe because we live here (Puente Alto) :P . Keep in mind that Puente Alto, Maipu, and La Florida are the largest municipalities in all of Chile in terms of the number of residents, so they are large in size also and not all areas are sketchy. When the supermarket looting was more widespread a few weeks ago, many of my neighbors went up to Cajon del Maipo to go grocery shopping, there were no real protests, civil unrest, or mass criminal activity just a few minutes up the road from here. Puente Alto in particular has some real ghettos down by the Maipo river (bajos de Mena for example), just a hop skip and a jump from the Concha y Toro vineyards in Pirque, while in other parts of city limits (close to Cajon del Maipo) there are nice houses that easily go for 5000+ UF, all legally within the same town.

Personally we are hoping to sell our house here and move to Rancagua next year (this was already the plan before all this drama happened), in pursuit of a quieter neighborhood.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:45 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:32 pm
admin wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:11 pm
of course maipu, pointe alto, but not sure why a foriegner would be wondering around those areas unless they were looking for drugs or something. even then, long way to go for drugs. :lol:
Or maybe because we live here (Puente Alto) :P . Keep in mind that Puente Alto, Maipu, and La Florida are the largest municipalities in all of Chile in terms of the number of residents, so they are large in size also and not all areas are sketchy. When the supermarket looting was more widespread a few weeks ago, many of my neighbors went up to Cajon del Maipo to go grocery shopping, there were no real protests, civil unrest, or mass criminal activity just a few minutes up the road from here. Puente Alto in particular has some real ghettos down by the Maipo river (bajos de Mena for example), just a hop skip and a jump from the Concha y Toro vineyards in Pirque, while in other parts of city limits (close to Cajon del Maipo) there are nice houses that easily go for 5000+ UF, all legally within the same town.

Personally we are hoping to sell our house here and move to Rancagua next year (this was already the plan before all this drama happened), in pursuit of a quieter neighborhood.
yea, i know that. but just in general it is not a major tourist attraction.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:18 pm

No it's definitely not :lol:

Rancagua isn't a huge tourist draw either, last year when my brothers came for a visit and we took a road trip in a rental van from Santiago to Chiloé and we just passed it up (along with most towns), but we're just hoping it's more relaxed than the current digs. Having a slightly larger house for a cheaper price is attractive too. Frutillar would be nicer I'm sure but the south in general is just too far from our families for our taste (hers in Santiago, mine via an international flight).