The Chile Economy, Social Crisis and Virus Impact

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
admin
Site Admin

Re: The Chile Economy, Social Crisis and Virus Impact

Post by admin » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:47 pm

Well this will be interesting to see if this case gets any traction.

A lawsuit has been filed to delay the election until the pandemic is over.

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... cito.shtml

I am actually kind of surprised there has not been more; but, that also might be tactical in nature to prevent congress or the government from being able to make any last moment changes that might say satisfy an injunction.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:03 am

Fall worse than expected for Chile economy , where exactly are these "green shoots" Palacios/Piñera keep trying to sell everyone? Maybe in the Oasis/mirage they keep seeing?
https://www.emol.com/noticias/Economia/ ... tivas.html
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:25 pm

So now the tone changes, Briones "we are still not there" "recovery is still away off" blah blah blah.
No wonder everyone thinks so little of these clowns they change the narrative more than they change their underwear, its just verbal diarehea that no one really takes seriously , not exclusive to Chile though I guess, politician's and factual/credible statements don't usually co exist.
https://www.emol.com/noticias/Economia/ ... gosto.html

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:16 pm

Looks like the protesters are warming up again. From La Serena this evening.
The street dog doesn't seem to be too excited though.
EjmjoPWXgAcJqVM.jpg
https://twitter.com/rsbchile
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:47 am

Yea, not going to get excited untill the street dogs do. We know who is really in charge of the protests. :lol:

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:36 am

admin wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:47 am
Yea, not going to get excited untill the street dogs do. We know who is really in charge of the protests. :lol:
Lol the street dog looks like many people feel, laid out there I bet its thinking ;
"whatever, dickhead humans, I've seen it all before, yawn, do your worst, I maybe a dog but at least I dont shit in my own bed"

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:13 pm

So someone felt the need to tie a huge Rechazo sign up on the trees at the end of our driveway on our property, promptly pulled it down with a rope and metal bar tied to the end of it, they obviously had a ladder to get up that high.
I saw a white pick up parked there last evening so I guess that's what they were doing, most likely one of local German farmers, dont want or need political propaganda anywhere round here. They can put that shit up on their own place if they want, not mine, and not even asking to put it up 🤔🙄

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:59 pm

41southchile wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:13 pm
So someone felt the need to tie a huge Rechazo sign up on the trees at the end of our driveway on our property, promptly pulled it down with a rope and metal bar tied to the end of it, they obviously had a ladder to get up that high.
I saw a white pick up parked there last evening so I guess that's what they were doing, most likely one of local German farmers, dont want or need political propaganda anywhere round here. They can put that shit up on their own place if they want, not mine, and not even asking to put it up 🤔🙄
There is actually a fine for putting those up without permission, but who are you going fine in a vote woth no clear party responcible for putting up signs and taking them down.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:12 am

In Santiago Same shit different day, dick head losers destroy others property and public property and mayor codems them, half a dozen get arrested and nothing happens, and repeat cycle .
https://www.latercera.com/nacional/noti ... FNJISD7A4/

And also in this groundhog day friggin show, down south trucks burnt and the government files a querella and condems the violence , and repeat cycle.
https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... tulmo.html

It gets to a point where any violence losses its whole purpose and actually becomes meaningless, for those not living directly in those areas they tune out, if that's possible, and people just shrug their shoulders and adapt to the ineptness of politicans and start moving their positions. The pointlessness of the whole situation means people change and evolve , however they can.

PaltaConPollo

Post by PaltaConPollo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:47 am

The shenanigans in Plaza Italia remind me of the mayhem in the "CHAZ" zone in Seattle, in that it's an area that has been completely taken over by criminals who are free to smash it up as much as they want with zero consequences, causing the residents of that area to either flee or become resigned to living in a warzone. In both cases it's the dregs of society, people with no political convictions who have learnt that they are free to vandalise and destroy and the law can't touch them. I suspect we've got at least another two months of these "peaceful protests" until Summer comes and the hoodlums all bugger off to the beach along with everyone else.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:12 pm

PaltaConPollo wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:47 am
The shenanigans in Plaza Italia remind me of the mayhem in the "CHAZ" zone in Seattle, in that it's an area that has been completely taken over by criminals who are free to smash it up as much as they want with zero consequences, causing the residents of that area to either flee or become resigned to living in a warzone. In both cases it's the dregs of society, people with no political convictions who have learnt that they are free to vandalise and destroy and the law can't touch them. I suspect we've got at least another two months of these "peaceful protests" until Summer comes and the hoodlums all bugger off to the beach along with everyone else.
It's a bizarre situation, its like the sacrifice zones where there is high pollution or contaminated areas in some countries, i.e Quintero in Chile. In environmentally screwed areas authorities basically right those areas off, and tough luck for anyone that lives there rather than try and remedying the situation it gets put in the "too hard basket".

As to whether that is an effective strategy for the sort of shit that's going on, is debatable, but for the average observer that's what it seems like. The government has no ideas and is not prepared to take a hard line because of all the blowback that involves (real or perceived) so in some crude attempt they try contain the shit to certain locations. It becomes a free for all inside said areas for the dregs and those that feel hard done by, in their limited capacity they feel violence and destruction is the best option.

I saw someone in Araucania the other day say "each government is just buying time till they leave office and don't have deal with the situation, leave it for the next lot".

As for the politically manipulated and bottom rung criminals in Plaza Italia, two months sounds overly optimistic, those dicks are in for the long haul and nothing will change until a Chilean version of Rodrigo Duterte or someone like that comes along, theres enough Chileans looking for someone like that.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:21 pm

41southchile wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:12 pm
As for the politically manipulated and bottom rung criminals in Plaza Italia, two months sounds overly optimistic
It's a year now since the main 18/10 riots, more if the warfare that started as soon as Piñera took office, both on the streets and in Congress is counted.
Last night was just more of the same old, buses on fire, traffic lights destroyed (again).

Whatever these Orcos are in favour of, I'm against it. As are many others who daren't voice their opinions for fear of reprisals.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge