The Chile Economy, Social Crisis and Virus Impact

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
fraggle092

Re: The Chile Economy, Social Crisis and Virus Impact

Post by fraggle092 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:37 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:22 pm
admin wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:57 am
they say that the primary motive for people to move from santiago to the south is the crime and the protests, not the pandemic.

I highly suspect that wave has yet to really set in. Probably later this summer.

I can't speak about them, but I moved out of Santiago sure to the protests. The pandemic only pushed me to make a decision that I should've made much earlier. It was either that or leaving the country altogether.
Movement isn't confined to the well-heeled, nor to the South, nor to people fleeing Santiago.
La Serena took a definite downturn after a big influx from Santiago to "Social Housing" projects built here during the Bachelet 1 era. More crime, more drug traffic, more violence and aggressive behaviour.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:15 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:37 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:22 pm
admin wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:57 am
they say that the primary motive for people to move from santiago to the south is the crime and the protests, not the pandemic.

I highly suspect that wave has yet to really set in. Probably later this summer.

I can't speak about them, but I moved out of Santiago sure to the protests. The pandemic only pushed me to make a decision that I should've made much earlier. It was either that or leaving the country altogether.
Movement isn't confined to the well-heeled, nor to the South, nor to people fleeing Santiago.
La Serena took a definite downturn after a big influx from Santiago to "Social Housing" projects built here during the Bachelet 1 era. More crime, more drug traffic, more violence and aggressive behaviour.
Exactly what happened to Puerto Montt with the Salmon boom , large areas turned from sleepy rural port town to another dodgy satellite campemento of people from the zona central. That was according to a PDI officer who was telling me one day when I went to do some tramite.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:17 pm

Slowly the actors start to take their places, good times coming down the track 🙄
https://www.eldinamo.cl/nacional/2020/0 ... pensiones/

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:26 pm

41southchile wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:17 pm
Slowly the actors start to take their places, good times coming down the track 🙄
yes, just another communist party ass looking to get his hands on the AFP money.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:39 pm

There is something seriously wrong with a country that can even consider that guy as a presidential candidade at all, let alone as one of the early favorites. Unless its another attempt by the 'progressive' media and the Pollers to drag public opinion further to the left by presenting him as a viable option - which he isn't. He makes "Black Beast" Hugo Gutierréz look almost moderate in comparison.

Après moi, le déluge

PXYC

Post by PXYC » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:46 pm

41southchile wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:17 pm
This doesn't even makes sense.. if anything the AFP would be used to finance a public pension scheme, not "projects".

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:45 am

fraggle092 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:39 pm
There is something seriously wrong with a country that can even consider that guy as a presidential candidade at all,
Yes , agreed, I also think there is something seriously wrong with a country that can't control social/stability/cohesion/political order (call it what you like, but months and months of uncontrolled burning and destruction of cities, and defended by some, is not normal)
Admins comments about the social situation being more of a reason/motivation to relocate rather than the pandemic are correct.
Its White flight (except they are not white, well kind of I guess on a Chilean scale) and they are fleeing to the other end of the country not the outer suburbs.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:51 pm

I read the people leaving santiago due to the crime and social unrest as the first reason; and that process has been going on for a while.

The pandemic just made them double down on those plans or excellerate them. What is the point of putting up with all the problems of living in a city when there are none of the conviences or perks?

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:55 pm

I also think it is just going to excellerate the investment, development, and influence of the south; well, at least certain parts of the south.

But, I have said this all before. the first days of riots in santiago, it was pretty obvious what was going to happen. The "social equality" just ends up screwing the poor people; because the rich are leaving. Santiago is going to just continue circling the drain in to just another latin american shithole city. Ot was never a particularly great city to start with.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:35 am

So, at least in los lagos, the constitutional reform is pretty far down everyone's priority list.
20200909_073145.jpg
Wich can also be dangerous. One thing for example is not being interested in some ho hum election. Another is ignoring what is written in to a new constitution. That is probably what all the politions are banking.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:30 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:35 am
So, at least in los lagos, the constitutional reform is pretty far down everyone's priority list.

20200909_073145.jpg

Wich can also be dangerous. One thing for example is not being interested in some ho hum election. Another is ignoring what is written in to a new constitution. That is probably what all the politions are banking.
Makes sense I guess, same reason JAK finds all his supporters in Araucania. The South is a different social make up. Just speculation on why its so far down the list, even below environmental concerns, which are certainly not a priority for most in Chile, so seems unusual. Who did that survey?

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:54 pm

Another point is that while a vote for new Constitution may appear to be a blank Cheque, its pretty clear that the Left wing have already drafted their version.

Having already come so far in successfully undermining the state, they would be silly not to have their next moves already prepared.

So they are offering a blank cheque with invisible writing that will later be revealed, and whose "revolutionary" propositions will be ramrodded through whatever travesty of government survives an "apruebo" plebiscite outcome, using all the methods at their disposal....
ganar perder.png

Après moi, le déluge