The Chile Economy, Social Crisis and Virus Impact

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
admin
Site Admin

Re: The Chile Economy, Social Crisis and Virus Impact

Post by admin » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:59 pm

I have reports of other AFPs where they get to login, then are placed in a "line".

They were not ready, and they are trying to dodge the penalties with all kinds of bullshit tech tricks.

I highly recomend anyone that thinks their request went through, verify it in a few days.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:01 pm

Plan Vital, done mine 10 minutes ago, no problems. I think I will probably go and throw around half of it around to people on the street asking for money in Llanquihue, there's always an old lady at the gas station that must need it more.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:05 pm

41southchile wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:01 pm
Plan Vital, done mine 10 minutes ago, no problems. I think I will probably go and throw around half of it around to people on the street asking for money in Llanquihue, there's always an old lady at the gas station that must need it more.
old lady begging on the street, "senior, I don't work that cheap".

:lol:

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:16 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:05 pm
41southchile wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:01 pm
old lady begging on the street, "senior, I don't work that cheap".

:lol:
😂
I don't know yet, just thinking out loud, might as well give it the local economy to help create a bit of a sugar rush, better that than the inept fund managers having it to fund their coke snorting lifestyle on yachts in the Caribbean. For me personally it's a windfall and money that I had written off already. I contributed for tax reasons to the AFP, but screw it I am not paying anymore to those clowns.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:23 pm

I don't plan on withdrawing my funds, at least not yet, but I gave it a go with AFP UNO to check how they're going. It worked fine for me, I could see my funds and it looked to be a pretty simple process. Just one form, and it should (presumably) go through. My wife is also at UNO, but she got stuck at a form that asked her to update her data before letting her go through with her login. So your mileage may vary, obviously.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:55 pm

yep, seems it is only my AFP with the broken web site right now.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:07 pm

Logged in via the specific button for this purpose on my wife's account at AFP Capital, looks very simple and straightforward and that it would take if submitted.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:13 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:07 am
You seem to be reading a bit too much into the individual 10% project in terms of the current government's power (or lack thereof).

Thanks for a really interesting and well-argued post that deserves a decent answer, btw. Just don't hold your breath. :)

In the meantime however, its worth checking out Article 65 of the Chilean Constitution. That has been the basis for objections to the constitutionality of that law.
La Constitución dice (art. 65) que corresponderá al presidente la iniciativa exclusiva para (6°) modificar las normas sobre seguridad social. Además, añade que “el Congreso Nacional sólo podrá aceptar, disminuir o rechazar los servicios, empleos, emolumentos, préstamos, beneficios, gastos y demás iniciativas sobre la materia que proponga el presidente de la República.”
But Its not "just" the 10%! The offensive continues
Otra reforma constitucional El proyecto que busca derogar la ley que regula a las AFP y nacionalizar l[...].jpg
What comes next? - (Re)nationalization of the Copper industry? (again!)
'
Cobre-Chileno-1.jpg
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

El Presidente

Post by El Presidente » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:18 pm

The Central Bank is not leaving anything to chance with the massive liquidation that the AFPs are about to undertake. The Bank just issued a comunicado indicating that from next week it will buy up local bonds with a limit of US$10 billion.

https://www.bcentral.cl/contenido/-/det ... de-chile-1

It has already had an affect on the markets with the peso depreciating immediately after the announcement. Watch this space.
“We will not go quietly into the night. We will not vanish without a fight. We’re going to live on. We’re going to survive. Today we celebrate our INDEPENDENCE DAY.” - President Thomas J. Whitmore

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:59 pm

All my staff seem to have a decent amount saved in their AFP, the least is 30 and most 60 million they are going to take out about half of what they are allowed to, one guy not going to touch his at all. With their own house/property and 50 million or so at retirement, you can see the benefits of staying in the campo and not following the drift to the towns and cities over the last 40 years or so.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:45 pm

now a movement against the idiots in Congress trying to rob the AFP money, and to keep the AFP money away from the state and politicians, "the other 90% is also mine".

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... iones.html

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:53 pm

We really should do a political dictionary of common phrases the left use in chile to fool people in to thinking they are moderate left.

fondo solidario = nationalization (not expropriation, as that requires paying for what you take).

el pubelo = the morons that do not know we are ripping them off

Frente Amplio = young communist party

There are a lot more out there. I will keep an eye out for more buzz terms the left is using these days to paper over what they are really doing.