The Chile Economy, Social Crisis and Virus Impact

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
admin
Site Admin

Re: The Chile Economy, Social Crisis and Virus Impact

Post by admin » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:02 pm

vamoschile wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:11 pm
admin wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:58 pm
Think they will do that in a separate bill, and there is already a 4th /5th (they are loosing count) withdrawl proposal.

I think at this point, a good part of the country would lynch congress and pinera if they delayed this any longer with more mickey mouse political bullshit.
Just curious is the average Chilean that desperate for money that they are willing to throw away retirement and possibly burn the country down over a 10% payout? I assume most of the payout is 1,000,000 pesos. What's funny in my research(local family/friends) nobody has used the AFP payouts for necessities. Its all going to new cars, house repairs/additions, toys, etc. I just herd a comment from my neighbor that if they don't pay out the other 10 percent they will burn the city again. What is with this attitude can someone explain why a decent percent of Chileans would burn the city if they didn't get the AFP payout considering most of the money spent was not on necessities?
yea, it is more people are pissed about both the crap AFP system and part people are pissed about the lack of help from the government in the middle of the pandemic.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:02 pm

here is the fight that matters, and gets very little press.

congress is trying to raise the tax rate on profits from copper.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... r-supplier

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:24 pm

vamoschile wrote:
admin wrote:
Think they will do that in a separate bill, and there is already a 4th /5th (they are loosing count) withdrawl proposal.

I think at this point, a good part of the country would lynch congress and pinera if they delayed this any longer with more mickey mouse political bullshit.
Just curious is the average Chilean that desperate for money that they are willing to throw away retirement and possibly burn the country down over a 10% payout? I assume most of the payout is 1,000,000 pesos. What's funny in my research(local family/friends) nobody has used the AFP payouts for necessities. Its all going to new cars, house repairs/additions, toys, etc. I just herd a comment from my neighbor that if they don't pay out the other 10 percent they will burn the city again. What is with this attitude can someone explain why a decent percent of Chileans would burn the city if they didn't get the AFP payout considering most of the money spent was not on necessities?
Or maybe it is the fear of what the far left proposes to do...nationalize it and then the people will never have access to "their" money, at least at real value vs. after confiscation and devaluation. I already warned my wife about this as I am looking at zilch for all the money I put into the system in the Empire. Unless, narcissistically/sociopahically/psycopathically, perhaps the intent of the PTB with the virus is to kill off the old and disabled, promote mass immigration for labor and preserve the finances of the nation states they pull the strings on...
Que será, será.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:37 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:24 pm
vamoschile wrote:
admin wrote:

Or maybe it is the fear of what the far left proposes to do...nationalize it and then the people will never have access to "their" money, at least at real value vs. after confiscation and devaluation. I already warned my wife about this as I am looking at zilch for all the money I put into the system in the Empire. Unless, narcissistically/sociopahically/psycopathically, perhaps the intent of the PTB with the virus is to kill off the old and disabled, promote mass immigration for labor and preserve the finances of the nation states they pull the strings on...
Well at least in theory you now have access to 30% of your retirement savings here in Chilito.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:57 pm

It seems that the large company owners may have kicked Piñera's ass behind the scenes after the third AFP withdrawal project was approved. Piñera has had a long meeting with the senate and congress and they're planning on releasing a universal aid package within a week.

Source: https://www.t13.cl/noticia/politica/con ... 30-04-2021

It only took a year of Pandemic and three AFP withdrawals to make Piñera move his ass. :lol:
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:02 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:57 pm
It seems that the large company owners may have kicked Piñera's ass behind the scenes after the third AFP withdrawal project was approved. Piñera has had a long meeting with the senate and congress and they're planning on releasing a universal aid package within a week.

It only took a year of Pandemic and three AFP withdrawals to make Piñera move his ass. :lol:
While the part about "large company owners" having a word with Piñera is totally believable, I'm wondering where you received that bit of info? Or is it something that you have to read between the lines? I don't see that in the news about him meeting with leaders from the national congress.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:14 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:02 pm
tiagoabner wrote:

While the part about "large company owners" having a word with Piñera is totally believable, I'm wondering where you received that bit of info? Or is it something that you have to read between the lines? I don't see that in the news about him meeting with leaders from the national congress.
I'm sorry for not being clear: that's what I read between the lines. I mean, it's a very reasonable conclusion, given that Piñera has decided to negotiate on this after losing his court appeal regarding the third AFP withdrawal. I would be willing to bet that he's being squeezed behind the scenes.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:21 pm

There's now a congressman who gave some more info on what's being talked about:

https://www.t13.cl/noticia/politica/chi ... 30-04-2021

“Estamos esperando llegar un acuerdo con tres puntos principales; Que las personas que están en el Registro Social de Hogares reciban una ayuda universal del Estado, llegar con recursos frescos y directos a las pymes, y avanzar en un acuerdo por la institucionalidad”, dijo el diputado Coloma.

So they want to provide universal support for people who're registered as low income (financially, presumably, but the congressman hasn't said it), as well as provide "resources to small and medium businesses" and work on an institutional agreement, whatever the fuck that means. That sounds suspiciously like an attempt to do the same thing they've been doing, but putting a new label on it.

I don't know why I got my hopes up for an effective policy, I should've known better

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Sun May 02, 2021 10:39 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:14 pm
Jamers41 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:02 pm
tiagoabner wrote:

I'm sorry for not being clear: that's what I read between the lines. I mean, it's a very reasonable conclusion, given that Piñera has decided to negotiate on this after losing his court appeal regarding the third AFP withdrawal. I would be willing to bet that he's being squeezed behind the scenes.
Yeah he probably is, like I said it's believable, I just didn't extract that sort of info from the article.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 03, 2021 11:13 am

3rd AFP starts today.

already filed for my withdrawl.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 03, 2021 11:25 am

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue May 04, 2021 2:04 pm

well, here is a nice article on all the ways the morons in congress are screwing it up,

https://www.mining.com/proposed-new-roy ... -in-chile/

this 3% tax hike on mining, morphed in to a 15% hike on a sliding scale that goes to as much as 75% royalty if copper is over $4 a pound.

the head of the mining association called it the same as ending mining in Chile.