Chile Political and Social Crisis 2019

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
41southchile

Re: Chile Political and Social Crisis 2019

Post by 41southchile » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:32 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:03 pm
here is the servel page where you can enter your rut and check your election registration.

https://www.servel.cl/revisa-tus-datos-electorales/

pay close attention to the city and town, as for various reasons you might need to correct it to where you live.
Mine as me as Osorno, need to change that
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:44 pm

Takes about 10 business days or more to change so do it now.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:04 am

hlf2888 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:34 pm
admin wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:00 pm
41southchile wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:36 pm
admin wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:28 pm
o.k., congress approved the new constitution project; the quotas were rejected.

so looks like 26th of April it is going to a national referendum.

remember, if you have been a resident of chile for at least 5 years (including temporary residency), you get to vote too.

you might have voted before in chile or another country, but how many times have you voted for a constitution?
So have to register with servel or something? For residents that have been here 5 years. I'll vote for sure.
nope, registration should be automatic as soon as you reach 5 years of residency.

oh, yea this vote is obligatory again. I have not seen the details yet, but use to be a fine unless you had a proper excuse to get out of it.

FYI, all you gringos that left, but still have residency can vote too. you do need to register at your local chilean consulate, but you can vote.
Can you vote online if not in the country yet on the voter list? I am honored to be on the list and do not want to be fined.
no online voting (that is a very good thing)

but it is not obligatory, if you are not in the country.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:57 am

oh seen this fucking coming years ago, and wondered how long it was going to take for this illegal immigration Trojan horse to open up and rape and pillage the country.

This bullshit quota push from the communists and FA is now morphing in to a push to get over a million illegal immigrants in to the election process for the new constitution.

The fucking Haitians, Venezuelans, and other "illegal immigrant" (i.e. run by the Jesuits and extreme left) is demanding that these illegals have a quotas too in writing the constitution.

FUCK THAT AND FUCK BACHELET's bullshit communist trojan horse.

YOU are not here at least 5 years LEGALLY, you don't get a say in shit.

You want to run for office, get your citizenship!!!!

Chile is one of the only countries in the world that let's permanent residents even vote after 5 years. Other countries don't do it for very good reasons, and this is one of them.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:06 am

The hate on the other side has now gotten dirty (or even depending on POV), from the torching of the matapacos statue to the stabbing of the current matapacos in Concepcion to this yesterday in San Antonio (read the comments):

https://www.soychile.cl/San-Antonio/Soc ... tonio.aspx
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:36 am

I had a reread through the "immigration crisis" thread.

It is like readying Nostradamus's notes for what is happening in Chile now:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14888&start=528#p183558

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:57 am

and these nuggets on the left and immigration, exact same group of congressional representatives that are cheering the looting and burning, were also doing everything they could to keep the haitens and Venezuelans flowing in to chile:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14888&start=564#p184001

and this part:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14888&start=612#p184774

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:00 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:57 am

Chile is one of the only countries in the world that let's permanent residents even vote after 5 years. Other countries don't do it for very good reasons, and this is one of them.
I dunno, NZ is pretty relaxed with permanent residents -
You’re eligible to enrol and vote if you are 18 years or older, a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, and you’ve lived in New Zealand continuously for 12 months or more at some time in your life.
Mind you the calabire of permanent residents in NZ is generally higher on average, compared to what came to Chile in the last 5 years , education wise and experience and resources they bring .
Apart from SOME well educated professional Venezuelans, Chile definitely lowered the bar in terms of cultural change in the country. Flooding a country with immigrants in a short period anywhere always causes social tensions.
The same thing happened in NZ with pushback from locals in the 90s, rural England the same after too much immigration, hence Brexit .
At least with the influx of Asians to NZ in the 90s they bought money, so it was kind of ok, Haitians and other poor Sth America countries bring what to Chile? Experience? Education? Money? No. But the Masses do bring something, numbers of easily manipulated residents electorally and who are in debt to the state.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:16 pm

so, more politicians are peeling away from the left parties. this time the PR lost two that quit, and one that was ejected from the party for voting to not impeach pinera and voted with chile vamos.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... aMeza.html

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:28 pm

the senate approved the project for the new constitution.

they rejected the quotas, but they are repackaging it under another system to try and smuggle it back in where they need less senators and representatives to approve it.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:42 pm

Finally, a public figure sin pelos en la lengua criticizing the current political situation. Pity that no one will listen. She isn't popular in political circles because she doesn't tolerate dishonesty, which made her a lot of enemies in the past.
Evelyn Matthei Yo creo que nuestro país está fregado, yo creo que Chile cambió para mal y cambió para[...].jpg
"No estoy conforme con el comportamiento de nadie, yo no sé hasta qué punto todos los que están en el Congreso se dan cuenta de que nos farreamos el país, nos seguimos farreando el país. Yo siento que hay una frivolidad, falta de prudencia, aquí cada uno está viendo si saca dos puntitos más y no se dan cuenta de que finalmente el público y la opinión pública quiere que todos se vayan"
comentario.jpg
Fuente: Emol.com - https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... egado.html
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

snobrd4life

Post by snobrd4life » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:41 pm

Interesting. For fun, I entered my RUT and supposedly Servel says I am still registered to vote at mesa 64M at Estadio Nacional.... although it would probably be pretty hard since my both my cedula is expired and PD expired after being out of the country for over 365 days. That was 500 days ago.
ese ruido blanco es una alarma en mis oídos
Not in Chile for now, but still lurking.