Chile Political and Social Crisis 2019

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
41southchile

Re: Chile Political and Social Crisis 2019

Post by 41southchile » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:45 am

Right I'm depressed enough for the day 🤣reading all this bullshit in the news, people are stupid, (not all, but certainly a majority). Politicians are worse, at least the average person has the excuse of ignorance, and even if they are stupid they generally honest. Unlike politicians who are liars and stupid (not all, but certainly a majority), it's a different kind of stupid though. Anyway , no more reading news for me today.
I see why theres so many animal lovers here now, they probably prefer animals to their fellow compatriots.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

mem

Post by mem » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:19 am

Amnesty international is having a press conference to announce the findings regarding the "human rights crisis in chile". Will livestream it on YouTube

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/ ... te-pinera/

mem

Post by mem » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:28 am

Well after reading AI's report on Lebanon I can see they are going to tear Chile limb from limb
https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/ ... explained/

I disagree that blocking roads is "peaceful protest". If I block the entrance to someones house I doubt they would see that as peaceful. Civil disobedience is not doing what you are supposed to do as opposed to doing what is illegal and an infringement on other peoples legal rights, there a word for that, it's called "criminal" at best and "terrorism" at worst

AI is going to condemn Chile for not "protecting the peaceful protesters"
While Walmart is condemning Chile for not protecting their stores FROM the "peaceful protesters"

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:40 am

yea, there is a bit of a logical disconnect in the "protesters" in chile.

protesting implies risking something, to get noticed. risking saying something and being ridiculed is probably the least risky. risking getting arrested. risk getting shot. but, you are risking something, depending on how much attention you want to draw to an issue. I guess at the extreme end of that would be full armed conflict.

They want the befits of engaging in violent protests, without risking anything.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:50 am

Gonzalo Rojas periodically writes a column in El Mercurio.
autodeception.jpg
'
Today, under the title Nos hemos engañado tanto (We have fooled ourselves so deeply), he writes:
It is false to claim that we have experienced a social outburst, an awakening of Chile in legitimate and peaceful
manifestations of just demands.

Instead, we have been captured by the most aggressive, widespread violence in our history, programmed and deployed by Marxist, anarchist and criminal minorities.

This has allowed other segments - public officials and young rebels - to fool us by claiming that all of Chile agrees with their hundreds of demands, and is clamouring for social change.
They may have fooled most of Chile's establishment but they didn't fool everyone. Pity the penny is dropping so late.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:55 am

41southchile wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:45 am
Right I'm depressed enough for the day 🤣reading all this bullshit in the news, people are stupid, (not all, but certainly a majority). Politicians are worse, at least the average person has the excuse of ignorance, and even if they are stupid they generally honest. Unlike politicians who are liars and stupid (not all, but certainly a majority), it's a different kind of stupid though. Anyway , no more reading news for me today.
I see why theres so many animal lovers here now, they probably prefer animals to their fellow compatriots.
big thumbs up on the animals.

I have never been bitten by an animal, and have it ever occur to me that it was doing it for fun or enjoyed biting me. I might of scared it, It might have been sick, it might of accidentally bit me, but can not recall one that looked like it was doing it maliciously just for fun.

humans, not so much.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:08 am

mem wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:28 am
Well after reading AI's report on Lebanon I can see they are going to tear Chile limb from limb
https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/ ... explained/

I disagree that blocking roads is "peaceful protest". If I block the entrance to someones house I doubt they would see that as peaceful. Civil disobedience is not doing what you are supposed to do as opposed to doing what is illegal and an infringement on other peoples legal rights, there a word for that, it's called "criminal" at best and "terrorism" at worst

AI is going to condemn Chile for not "protecting the peaceful protesters"
While Walmart is condemning Chile for not protecting their stores FROM the "peaceful protesters"
Sacking businesses isn't peaceful.
Burning buildings isn't peaceful.
Destroying the metro isn't peaceful.
Throwing molotov cocktails at cops isn't peaceful.
Trying to burn gas stations just to see the pretty fires isn't peaceful.

These protests haven't been peaceful, and whoever is pushing that shit has an agenda behind it.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:16 am

fraggle092 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:50 am

They may have fooled most of Chile's establishment but they didn't fool everyone. Pity the penny is dropping so late.
They could have saved some time and just come and read ALLCHILE🤣😢😟😢🤣
Dont know whether to laugh or cry as for many the penny still hasn't dropped, and probably won't drop anytime soon. Chile has woken up ?, um, actually no, they haven't yet, many are still clearly dreaming , and there's plenty of nightmares going on too, hope the alarm clock goes off soon. Time to wake the fuck up Chile.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:31 am

well seems the PDI has seized over 150 vehicles so far, involved in the looting and their owners.

They are all subject to being auctioned, if they are convicted.

way to go. you got a few million pesos each of crap at best (you can only fit so much in a car), and you lost your car.

cali_chile48

Post by cali_chile48 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:18 am

I saw a news bit on TV last night about 11 retired generals that have been called back into service. Has anyone else heard about that? That could be a pretty dark turn for the country, if true.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:47 pm

cali_chile48 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:18 am
I saw a news bit on TV last night about 11 retired generals that have been called back into service. Has anyone else heard about that? That could be a pretty dark turn for the country, if true.
Why?
It may be bad, but not for the reasons you think.
All a bit vague though, and no mention in the news.
Ejercito? Carabineros?
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:48 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:32 am
so the head of the carbinareios came out yesterday and said they were suspending the use of rubber shot. why they were not using full rubber slugs, i have no idea.

well, in like the last 48 hours i have seen two involved police shootings, with real guns, in the news. one shot and killed a car jacker. this one, it is not clear that they hit any of the attackers. they attacked a squad car, and they opened fire on the attackers.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... neros.html

again, no country in the world recognizes the human rights of a dead body. they may recognize someone had their rights violated to the point they became dead, but that is where they abruptly end.
so this girl shows up at the hospital with gun shot wound to the leg, and claims she is the victim today. well, why didn't you stick around then?

they are going to miss those little rubber balls, that just made you go ouch.