State of emergency and curfews, October 2019

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
tiagoabner

Re: Desmanes

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:33 pm

Seriously, though. My dig is in the middle of a triangle formed by 3 stations in 3 metro lines. I have my windows closed due to the smoke.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:34 pm

MANO DURO is in the future of Chile as even the Android/IOS robots of the Millenial generation will be clamoring for things getting back to normal.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:39 pm

Color revolutions are foreign intelligence agencies creating false crisis' and disorder in a target country to install a new compliant regime or force the current regime to bow down to what those outside forces want economic/political./social policy-wise.

- Søren Kierkegaard

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:40 pm

OK, this is way more coordinated. Three more metro stations on fire, it seems the protestors have used molotov cocktails on them. There're also reports of markets being sacked. One Express de Líder on San Joaquin.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:42 pm

we just t had a report from our employees from our office in Santiago.

they left our office at 5 pm, they just arrived home a few minutes ago. 10: 30 p.m.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:42 pm

BTW, you can donate to the firefighters: https://www.ayudabomberos.cl/

I've them on automatic debit, as I think they do an amazing job.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:43 pm

The talking heads are having a contest on who can make the most sense of this. Multiple simultaneous sites of arson or vandalism, definitely some urban warfare planning went into this to divide the police forces and bomberos.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:46 pm

Yep, there's at least some level of coordination on the attacks.

The Enel fire is under control. The interesting part is that the fire was mostly on the emergency exit, which was supposed to be fireproof. T13 reports that the stairs had been painted with a flammable paint.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:47 pm

yep, lets all massage and wring our hands about the " human rights" of these poor students don't ride the metro.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:48 pm

The death report was fake, it seems.

[EDIT]

Each source says something. It's soon unclear at this moment.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:49 pm

FUCK, Chile will probably have martial law before the States.

- Søren Kierkegaard

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:50 pm

admin wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:47 pm
yep, lets all massage and wring our hands about the " human rights" of these poor students don't ride the metro.
They won't be riding for a while :D :D

But seriously, public support won't last after everyone needs to go to work like sardines on Monday. That's likely the case, as metro is closed for the weekend, and they may choose it longer if needed.