State of emergency and curfews, October 2019

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
tiagoabner

Re: Desmanes

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:22 pm

Emil's real time coverage: https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... ernes.html

Metro Plaza Maipú station has been completely destroyed by the protestors.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:31 pm

I wonder how things will be come Sunday night/Monday morning?

BTW, just another peaceful Friday night here on the Southern V Region coast but my wife probably won't be able to visit due to the entire Santiago public transport system frozen/damaged/etc.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:04 pm

Indeed. Enel's corporate building is on fire right now. Seems like arson.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:04 pm

This shit is organized and planned.

Overwhelm the resources of police and now fire and cripple the entire city across multiple RM comunas.

- Søren Kierkegaard

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:10 pm

Be skeptical about any leader that arises in the next days who seems to calm things down and rallies the support of the people directly affected by the trashing of the public transport system.

- Søren Kierkegaard

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:12 pm

There's a degree of coordination that makes it look like a coordinated attack. I think there's something on fire at Plaza Itália, maybe another building. There's smoke coming out of the Claro building there.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:15 pm

London - protests to save the future of the planet
Hong Kong - protests for freedom
Caracas - protests against a dictator
Barcelona - protests for democracy
Santiago - protests because people want everything for free

I have some sympathy for the people that struggle to pay 800 pesos each way each day but do they think money grows on trees? I've traveled on metros all around the world. Most of them are either more expensive or worse than Santiago, it offers good value for money.

This "protest" was mostly criminal activity - evasion, vandalism, and so on. If you look at the videos there is hardly anyone with placards, not much singing/chanting, it's chaos. I've looked at 20 videos of vandalism and none of the other protestors ever steps in to try and stop it.

I hope they are saving all the camera footage and will spend months going through it identifying everyone.

What's really frightening is when I look on facebook and see that most people commenting on there seem to support these stupid protests.

It is getting out of control. If it continues like this someone will die soon.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:19 pm

Damn, that fire is two-three blocks away from my first digs in Chile on calle Tarapaca and the fuente where I met my wife...

- Søren Kierkegaard

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:21 pm

People claim on Reddit that there's one death already

papageno

Post by papageno » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:21 pm

Wonderful, I'm flying into this mess tomorrow for medical appointments on Monday...

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:24 pm

It could be worse: you could've lived here. Jajaja

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:26 pm

Fuck antifa and all the stupid pampered students that follow them. Assholes is not even parcially strong enough to describe them. Also, there has to be more "support" logi$$$$tically for what is happening.

Let the "color revolution" begin as the average Chilean is stooopid to these things.

- Søren Kierkegaard