coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
admin
Site Admin

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by admin » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:09 pm

Argentina seems to be having a steady 700+ a day of deaths.

although not directly comparable, that should frame the potential death rate given similar levels of medical system with very limited vaccine deployment.

The one I am keeping an on eye on is the quickly climbing rates in the U.K. as the india strain takes hold. They have similar vaccination rates, but it is still spreading.

I think the northern hemisphere is setting itself up for mega disaster to finish this pandemic off. yes, vaccination rates are helping bring down the deaths, but they are also in summer. open windows, outdoor activities, etc, etc might be doing just as much to keep the numbers in check. If the northern hemisphere reaches fall, with only around 50% or 60% of the population vaccinated,.....
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:24 pm

"...As part of its strategy to vaccinate more of its population, Washington State will allow adults to claim a free marijuana joint when they receive a Covid-19 vaccination shot.

The state’s liquor and cannabis board announced on Monday that the promotion, called “Joints for Jabs,” was effective immediately and would run through July 12.

The board said it would allow participating marijuana retailers to provide customers who are 21 or older with a prerolled joint at their stores when they received their first or second dose at an active vaccine clinic. The promotion applies only to joints, not to other products like edibles..."

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/06/07 ... id-vaccine
- How does one cross a river?
- Don't get your feet wet.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:45 pm

I prefer bong hits fascist assholes!! Gimme good shit, purified water for the bong and ice cubes of purified water for the stem and then we are talkin bong hit bebe!
Que será, será.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:21 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:53 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:45 pm
I prefer bong hits fascist assholes!! Gimme good shit, purified water for the bong and ice cubes of purified water for the stem and then we are talkin bong hit bebe!
Damn, how many years ago at the University of Oregon? Damn I'm old..really am viejo culeado :( :( :alien: .
For sure lol, nobody damages their lungs anymore... it's all edibles

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:08 am

admin wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:53 pm
all communities in metro region are returning to quartine.
What a joke, a very bad joke, as if that will solve anything, or even help in any meaningful way, lockdowns are a failure at this stage of the pandemic they are just politicians trying to look like they are doing something, there is nothing to suggest that these “lockdowns” do any good.
These are the actions that eliminate any sense that the government was in control, as if anyone actually believes that, these are the actions that will see more civil unrest tonight in Santiago, these are the actions of incompetent leadership.

People gonna do what people gonna do, these lockdowns are only punishing those that already comply with the rules.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:22 am

41southchile wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:08 am
admin wrote:
What a joke, a very bad joke, as if that will solve anything, or even help in any meaningful way, lockdowns are a failure at this stage of the pandemic they are just politicians trying to look like they are doing something, there is nothing to suggest that these “lockdowns” do any good.
These are the actions that eliminate any sense that the government was in control, as if anyone actually believes that, these are the actions that will see more civil unrest tonight in Santiago, these are the actions of incompetent leadership.

People gonna do what people gonna do, these lockdowns are only punishing those that already comply with the rules.
They are even more ridiculous when over 60% of the population has a pass that exempts them from the lock down. It is probably even higher than that in Santiago, due to all the people from outside Santiago circulating there for one reason or another.

throw in work exemptions, shopping passes, etc, who exactly is locked down anymore?

I seen a stat the other day, in Valparaíso, only 18% of the infractions for breaking the quartine rules, actually resulted in a fine.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Huelshoff

Post by Huelshoff » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:04 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Damn, how many years ago at the University of Oregon? Damn I'm old..really am viejo culeado :( :( :alien: .
Damn, I didn't know we had another Duck here. I'm class of '79, taught there in the late 80s.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:04 pm

Huelshoff wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:04 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Damn, I didn't know we had another Duck here. I'm class of '79, taught there in the late 80s.
82-86 BA, with Honors :)
Que será, será.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:31 pm

so a bunch of u.s. states have stopped or scalded back reporting of covid cases,

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... ring-alarm

yea, that is exactly what you should do with half your pop fully vaccinated, and an indian varient taking hold.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:00 pm

so budwieser is trying to kill Chile. woops, I mean, give a free beer to everyone, if the country reaches 80% vaccination.

https://www.df.cl/noticias/empresas/mul ... 92224.html

every once in a while some well meaning chilean that does not know me, buys me a 6 pack of budwieser as a gift figuring I am a gringo so I must like American beer. yea, no. I usually politely drink one, while trying not to gag.

I only have one other beer I hate more in the world. miller light, which I am actually physically allergic too. Just two sips, and I am doubled over with cramps for two days.

gringalais

Post by gringalais » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:16 pm

41southchile wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:08 am
admin wrote:

Yeah. I feel the same way. During the March to May lockdown cases were higher at the end of the lockdown than when it started. The times I went into town, it looked more or less like a normal day apart from some stores being closed. If it didn't work then, why would it work now? I think, too, that it's just a way to say they are doing something. The authorities know it won't work but they don't have any other ideas.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:42 pm

so the world has already passed all OFFICIAL deaths from covid in 2020, so far in 2021.

1,8 million deaths, but I am not buying that number as even close to reality. Latin America alone is well north of 1 million. India has probably clocked that by itself.

I definitely don't buy the 2020 number with all the late testing, tracing issues, and general political denial of what was happening.