coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23670
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by admin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:38 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:27 pm
gringalais wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:50 am
That is exactly how I feel. Basically, we are being told by the clown show, just trust us, go get your shot because "Yo me Vacuno", but we aren't getting any serious information and no one dares to ask the real questions that need answering. This point is definitely huge source of my anxiety about getting the Sinovac vaccine.
You are not alone.
Well, I am up for my second shot of sinovac next week, with a couple friends and relatives that had their first shot with me.

If any of us catch covid, grow a second head, or start craving Chinese food, I will be sure to let everyone know. :lol:

I am half tempted to do a blood draw on all of us in a couple weeks and send it off to one of my clients that has an accredited lab. This goes way beyond safety or efficiency concerns now. The geek in me is just plain curious to know what the hell is in it, and what it does. :mrgreen: :alien:
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23670
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by admin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:40 pm

ooooh, this is soooooo Argentina.

They canceled vaccinations at a stadium, because there was a football game coming up:

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Internaci ... Plata.html
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

PXYC
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:09 pm

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by PXYC » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:45 pm

Got my Pfizer second dose today - I'm glad I made it until here without catching the bug, against all odds (living with a physician).

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23670
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by admin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:17 am

well, Fernandez over in Argentina is throwing a tantrum again, and his fixation on Chile is rather obvious.

In an interview he tries to blaim Pfizer for why they do not have vaccines, and says, "look at Chile, Pfizer only sent them 30,000 doses".

Which is false. Chile has received over 1,6 million doses, with another 200,000 shipment this week.

That is not just government blowing PR smoke either. Over half my family and imidiate friends got the pfizer vaccine. In fact, in our family, only mu brother in law and I got sinovac because we are in relatively good health. We could of fangeled our way in to the Pfizer line, but decided better it be saved for someone else that has special meducal conditions. Point is, there is sufficient amounts of Pfizer floating around the system that it is not hard to find.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Internaci ... acion.html

I might point out also that facebook recently took down one of the largest online political influence campaigns of fake accounts in the world targeting elections and certain politicians in latin america. Guess where it was located?

That is not the first time either. I highly suspect that sudden surge of recent articles about Chile, full of false claims about the vaccine program, sure smelled like it had an Argentinian accent to it.

As much as I like to critize Chile's screw-ups, Fernandez and crispy chicken know that Chile's vaccination program is their biggest threat because everywhere argentinans are pointing to Chile when they try to feed their people some line of socialist victium bullshit. Guess chile is at least doing something right.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

frozen-north
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:28 am

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by frozen-north » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:59 pm

admin wrote:
well, Fernandez over in Argentina is throwing a tantrum again, and his fixation on Chile is rather obvious.

In an interview he tries to blaim Pfizer for why they do not have vaccines, and says, "look at Chile, Pfizer only sent them 30,000 doses".

Which is false. Chile has received over 1,6 million doses, with another 200,000 shipment this week.
I don't know what was the original question, but his answer seems to be about the time of the negotiations between Argentina and Pfizer, and also about the time that Chile signed the contract with Sinovac. He is not talking about the current situation. The second Emol article is misleading when it says that those numbers are wrong. They might be wrong, but then one would have to find the numbers for that time.

I would like to know the wording of the question.
"Fue lamentable no haber podido llegar a un acuerdo con la empresa, pero las vacunas de Pfizer en la región prácticamente no llegaron. A Chile llegaron 30.000 vacunas y por eso tuvo que salir a comprar de urgencia a la china Sinovac, porque Pfizer no cumplía los contratos", aseguró.

User avatar
gringalais
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 987
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:09 am
Location: Buin-Paine

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by gringalais » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:43 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:38 pm
If any of us catch covid, grow a second head, or start craving Chinese food, I will be sure to let everyone know. :lol:

I am half tempted to do a blood draw on all of us in a couple weeks and send it off to one of my clients that has an accredited lab. This goes way beyond safety or efficiency concerns now. The geek in me is just plain curious to know what the hell is in it, and what it does. :mrgreen: :alien:
Do keep us posted. I would be curious about what the blood draw shows too!

It sounds like there is more Pfizer coming in and some AstraZeneca. One idea of how I might be able to get Pfizer has come to mind. I think I am going to try that after these other shipments start arriving. The only place they are using Pfizer is the cultural center. I wonder if arriving towards the end of the day would help my little plan since they have to use up all the doses in the vial. I guess the compromise with my husband is if my idea doesn't work, then Sinocrap it is.

Jamers41
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 332
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by Jamers41 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:48 pm

frozen-north wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:59 pm
admin wrote:
well, Fernandez over in Argentina is throwing a tantrum again, and his fixation on Chile is rather obvious.

In an interview he tries to blaim Pfizer for why they do not have vaccines, and says, "look at Chile, Pfizer only sent them 30,000 doses".

Which is false. Chile has received over 1,6 million doses, with another 200,000 shipment this week.
I don't know what was the original question, but his answer seems to be about the time of the negotiations between Argentina and Pfizer, and also about the time that Chile signed the contract with Sinovac. He is not talking about the current situation. The second Emol article is misleading when it says that those numbers are wrong. They might be wrong, but then one would have to find the numbers for that time.

I would like to know the wording of the question.
"Fue lamentable no haber podido llegar a un acuerdo con la empresa, pero las vacunas de Pfizer en la región prácticamente no llegaron. A Chile llegaron 30.000 vacunas y por eso tuvo que salir a comprar de urgencia a la china Sinovac, porque Pfizer no cumplía los contratos", aseguró.
I don't know if the wording of the original question negates the fact that he stated that Pfizer vaccines "practically never arrived" in Chile, which is something that is easily proven false. Perhaps the focus was on negotiations last year during the context of the interview, but social media land was up in arms about the present implications, which is whether or not Chile has some Pfizer vaccines, and it does, far more than just 30,000 doses at least. At the least, they fudged up the timeline by saying that Chile went running to get Sinovac vaccines because Pfizer "never arrived", this implies that Chile signed a contract with Pfizer long before they did with Sinovac and only decided to go to Sinovac because Pfizer didn't comply with its part of the bargain, in reality Pizer has definitely sent some shipments and more are pending, meanwhile the Chilean government signed contracts with numerous labs (and wants to sign more).

frozen-north
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:28 am

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by frozen-north » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:22 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
I don't know if the wording of the original question negates the fact that he stated that Pfizer vaccines "practically never arrived" in Chile, which is something that is easily proven false. Perhaps the focus was on negotiations last year during the context of the interview, but social media land was up in arms about the present implications, which is whether or not Chile has some Pfizer vaccines, and it does, far more than just 30,000 doses at least. At the least, they fudged up the timeline by saying that Chile went running to get Sinovac vaccines because Pfizer "never arrived", this implies that Chile signed a contract with Pfizer long before they did with Sinovac and only decided to go to Sinovac because Pfizer didn't comply with its part of the bargain, in reality Pizer has definitely sent some shipments and more are pending, meanwhile the Chilean government signed contracts with numerous labs (and wants to sign more).
If he had said that Chile 'nunca recibio las vacunas', you might be correct, but that was not what he said. In the article he was talking about the time of the failure of the negotiations with Pfizer, so he was talking in the past. You might need to look at what was the situation then to know if the 30.000 doses was correct or not "at that time". Without knowing more about the context of that comment, we can only go from the fact that he was using the past tense, not the present tense.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23670
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by admin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:57 pm

frozen-north wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:22 pm
Jamers41 wrote:
I don't know if the wording of the original question negates the fact that he stated that Pfizer vaccines "practically never arrived" in Chile, which is something that is easily proven false. Perhaps the focus was on negotiations last year during the context of the interview, but social media land was up in arms about the present implications, which is whether or not Chile has some Pfizer vaccines, and it does, far more than just 30,000 doses at least. At the least, they fudged up the timeline by saying that Chile went running to get Sinovac vaccines because Pfizer "never arrived", this implies that Chile signed a contract with Pfizer long before they did with Sinovac and only decided to go to Sinovac because Pfizer didn't comply with its part of the bargain, in reality Pizer has definitely sent some shipments and more are pending, meanwhile the Chilean government signed contracts with numerous labs (and wants to sign more).
If he had said that Chile 'nunca recibio las vacunas', you might be correct, but that was not what he said. In the article he was talking about the time of the failure of the negotiations with Pfizer, so he was talking in the past. You might need to look at what was the situation then to know if the 30.000 doses was correct or not "at that time". Without knowing more about the context of that comment, we can only go from the fact that he was using the past tense, not the present tense.
But, the bottom line point they are trying to make is the same.

Fernadez and his bucket of extra crispy critters are trying to blaim everyone but themselves for the lack of vaccines; and, have done little to nothing to improve the situation besides cozing up to Putin. You know they had to give the russians something good for that vaccine access. The russians are busy using their limited production to influence eastern europe.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

frozen-north
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:28 am

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by frozen-north » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:22 pm

admin wrote:
But, the bottom line point they are trying to make is the same.

Fernadez and his bucket of extra crispy critters are trying to blaim everyone but themselves for the lack of vaccines...
That is quite possible, but the evidence presented in that Emol article is just nonsense.

scandinavian
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by scandinavian » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:43 pm

Did some quick vaccine math. So far Chile has received just short of 14 million doses. As of yesterday 11.2 million had been administered, of which about 7.2 mio have received 1 dosis. So, we have about 4 million people waiting for second shot, but stock is about 2.5 million.
No announcement has been made of next week's vaccine schedule, which should be healthy 49 year old and down.
My guess is that unless Sinovac ships 5 million doses over the weekend, we will very soon hear of a pause in the vaccination process.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23670
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by admin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:16 pm

Interesting point was made today in the press conference, that more people under 39 are now entering the ICUs than there are people over 70; and the numbers in the 60s were holding steady.

so apparently the infection seem to be following the vaccination age scale down.

About the 40 to 60 range is is the groups getting vaccinated now, either by age, occupation, health staus, etc.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Post Reply