ACTIVE CRISIS ZONES

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: ACTIVE CRISIS ZONES

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:16 am

HOY - TODAY - ACROSS CHILE

MARCHA CON CAPUCHA

Oh that one will go down peaceful, get everything done early today and stay safe folks from the simios and zombies.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

helibel

Post by helibel » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:23 am

One of your best posts ever. I just read it to my husband ho can hardly speak a sentence, at lest to me without the F bomb. He loved it

Naolin

Post by Naolin » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:42 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:16 am

MARCHA CON CAPUCHA

Oh that one will go down peaceful, get everything done early today and stay safe folks from the simios and zombies.
I tried looking for mention of this morning on twitter today but couldn't find anything. Do you mind sharing where you saw it?

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:51 pm

Naolin wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:42 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:16 am

MARCHA CON CAPUCHA

I tried looking for mention of this morning on twitter today but couldn't find anything. Do you mind sharing where you saw it?
This was specific to San Antonio but marches like this are usually multiple in location. The gobernadora of the province late yesterday came out strongly condemning that such a march take place:

http://www.lidersanantonio.cl/impresa/2 ... /10/texto/
Gobernadora rechaza la "marcha con capucha" anunciada para hoy

La gobernadora Gabriela Alcalde Cavada condenó el llamado a marchar hoy encapuchados por la comuna de San Antonio. La convocatoria, promovida por redes sociales, va en respuesta al proyecto de Ley Antiencapuchados que avanza en su trámite legislativo en el Congreso Nacional.

Al respecto, la máxima autoridad provincial realizó un nuevo llamado a "dejar las marchas de lado y profundizar el diálogo para avanzar en la agenda social. En este caso puntual vendría a tratarse de una convocatoria a marchar que escapa completamente a las legítimas demandas sociales de la comunidad. No avalaremos ningún tipo de manifestación en apoyo a quienes delinquen, violentan y han destrozado nuestra comuna".

Sobre el llamado a movilizarse de manera encapuchada, la gobernadora Gabriela Alcalde expresó que "Carabineros deberá proceder según los protocolos para el control de orden y seguridad que mandata la ley. De la misma forma, apeló a los padres y apoderados para resguardar la integridad de los hijos, puesto que "en todas las marchas y desmanes hemos visto a muchos menores de edad que terminan exponiendo su vida ante la acción de delincuentes y violentistas que solo quieren hacer daño".

- Søren Kierkegaard

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:57 pm

Notice how these are spread as images on social media so that the text can't be caught in search engines.

They did the same with the organization and promotion of the Parque Arauco protest.

- Søren Kierkegaard

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:20 pm

hmm, anyone noticing that we are we drifting from Active Crises to a kind of truce? Not a bad thing?

Naolin

Post by Naolin » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:32 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:20 pm
hmm, are we drifting from Active Crises to Suspended Animation? Not a bad thing...
Don't speak too soon, there is another mall protest going on right now, this time they made it inside Costanera. In all fairness, I don't see the fire extinguishers or general rowdiness today in the Costanera march, they seem to have just hung a giant painted sign down from level four to level three. You can find pictures on twitter, but I'll avoid linking (unless admin is allowing twitter links to show current flash points? regardless it should be easy enough to search for on twitter for anyone who looks)

There's a general call to protest in Plaza Italia again on Thursday and Friday at 18:00, but that was going to happen whether or not there is an organized attempt to get people on the streets

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:33 pm

there was a group that hung a pro-mapuche banner from the balcony in costinera center today.

Does that count?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:34 pm

Naolin wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:32 pm
hlf2888 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:20 pm
hmm, are we drifting from Active Crises to Suspended Animation? Not a bad thing...
Don't speak too soon, there is another mall protest going on right now, this time they made it inside Costanera. In all fairness, I don't see the fire extinguishers or general rowdiness today in the Costanera march, they seem to have just hung a giant painted sign down from level four to level three. You can find pictures on twitter, but I'll avoid linking (unless admin is allowing twitter links to show current flash points? regardless it should be easy enough to search for on twitter for anyone who looks)

There's a general call to protest in Plaza Italia again on Thursday and Friday at 18:00, but that was going to happen whether or not there is an organized attempt to get people on the streets
you beat me to it.

yea, no more twitter spam
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Naolin

Post by Naolin » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:43 pm

Tonight is also "Primer Martes", the big bike ride organized by Movimento Furiosos Ciclistas every first Tuesday of the month. The meeting point is Plaza Italia at 20:00. The organizers will be waiting in Plaza Italia from 19:00 onward while they wait for everyone to show and will leave Plaza Italia at 20:30. None of the bike groups publish the route beforehand any more, but if I can find out where the ride is headed I'll make sure to post an update :)

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:10 pm

The portuariaos are behaving because of the arrival of cruise ships. Thank God for the breathe of air (literally if you think of burning tires and buildings) but in the past weeks, every time I thought things were calming down things would only blow up again as bad or worse...

- Søren Kierkegaard

ghibli

Post by ghibli » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:33 pm

Greeting. Where can I confirm that there will be a protest in Plaza Italia on this thursday? Is it to be every thursday. Would la Tercera have it?
Thanks all.