My Last 30 days

In Chile, when the old, crazy, and infirm are institutionalized and set out in a wheelchair on the patio to drool all over each other they are referred to as “locos de patio”. This is where we keep our locos de patio on the All Chile Forum.

Registration required to read, 200 posts and 1 year to post in this forum. A work in progress.
Forum rules
Only members with 200 posts and 1 year on the forum are allowed to post. Must register to read. Work in progress.
zer0nz

My Last 30 days

Post by zer0nz » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:18 pm

:)...

zer0nz

Re: My Last 30 days

Post by zer0nz » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:23 pm

As most of you have figured out by my not so well hidden posts i will be leaving chile.... the exact date is 30 days from now!.

Why? Why not!,

Its a time for a change, i will be leaving with my fiance i met in chile 1 year 1 month ago, we just clicked from day 1, she is from canada!

We are moving to New Zealand for atleast 1 year, no jobs lined up will take things as they come.

We choose New Zealand over Canada right now as the IT sector is booming in NZ, not so much in Canada.

It has not been ruled out that we may never move back to chile, we do like it here, but need a break from it, it would be good to return with a good business idea and implement it.

Anyway

I would like to thank everyone on this forum who has made my time here possible and bearable, and entertaining!,

From now on ill document any interesting things about leaving chile in this thread!

john

Post by john » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:53 pm

zer0nz wrote:As most of you have figured out by my not so well hidden posts i will be leaving chile.... the exact date is 30 days from now!.

Why? Why not!,

Its a time for a change, i will be leaving with my fiance i met in chile 1 year 1 month ago, we just clicked from day 1, she is from canada!

We are moving to New Zealand for atleast 1 year, no jobs lined up will take things as they come.

We choose New Zealand over Canada right now as the IT sector is booming in NZ, not so much in Canada.

It has not been ruled out that we may never move back to chile, we do like it here, but need a break from it, it would be good to return with a good business idea and implement it.

Anyway

I would like to thank everyone on this forum who has made my time here possible and bearable, and entertaining!,

From now on ill document any interesting things about leaving chile in this thread!
Chile's loss is New Zealand's gain! The very best wishes to you and your partner in all your future endeavours.
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:42 pm

best of luck with the next adventure.

well you know where to find us.

i am not going to say good bye however. lots of members that left chile long ago still drop by the forum when they need a fix.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:10 pm

You are young (so you gotta do what you gotta do), sharp, a fast learner, perceptive and have the potential for a well-developed discernment ability for your age.

Always remember that just because you are not paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you :mrgreen:

Suerte dude.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:52 pm

I will miss your regular posts on here. I wish you and your fiancé all the best of luck in NZ.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:40 pm

zer0nz wrote:
As most of you have figured out by my not so well hidden posts ...
I had read it in a post you made a few days ago.... before you deleted it. :)

Unless you enjoy shoveling snow, NZ might be a better choice.

I too will miss your posts.

All the best luck and I hope that you do come back to Chile.

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:54 pm

frozen-north wrote:
zer0nz wrote:
As most of you have figured out by my not so well hidden posts ...
I had read it in a post you made a few days ago.... before you deleted it. :)

Unless you enjoy shoveling snow, NZ might be a better choice.

I too will miss your posts.

All the best luck and I hope that you do come back to Chile.

Yeah i was sober with this message and not on 3 types of painkillers with champagne celebrating new years eve (i got out of hospital that afternoon) :)

Thanks for the messages everyone, I have atleast 3 months not working and Physical therapy in new zealand so im sure lurking on this forum will be about it! and like everyone else ill continue to drop in, probably give comparisons about the differences im noticing when i get back!

Funnest thing tho, we actually bought a lonely planet guide to new zealand... i know more about travelling in South america than i do there..... (i never once got a south america guide)

I

gringalais

Post by gringalais » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:49 pm

Hope everything goes well with your new adventure!

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:06 pm

zer0nz wrote:
....ill continue to drop in, probably give comparisons about the differences im noticing when i get back!

Funnest thing tho, we actually bought a lonely planet guide to new zealand... i know more about travelling in South america than i do there..... (i never once got a south america guide)
I will be very interesting to read your experience on trying to re-adjust and your comments on the culture shock. :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:43 pm

Yea, I think the reverse / reintegration / transition shock to another country posts would be both interesting and useful for those here.

I know my last trip back to the States was like landing on Mars for me, but felt right at home in Colombia and in other Latin American countries.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

ryanar

Post by ryanar » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:37 am

Astute observation admin! It took me a good few months to get used to being back in Oz and I wasn't in Chile for nearly as long has Z has been. It was sort of foreign and familiar all at once.

Z, should you ever get wildly lost and find yourself in Perth, I'd be happy to buy you are beer or two! Best of luck with everything.

A